Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathkeale Virgin Sighted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Video with some unbelievable interviews:
    http://www.tv3.ie/news.php?video=11131&locID=1.2.141
    I love the way it says 'local resident' for all the travellers being interviewed. Oh they're residents alright, for one month of the year before they lock up their houses and leave for England to lay down high quality tarmac driveways. The majority of people praying and putting rosary beeds around the stump are travellers, the only ''locals'' who are really being duped by this piece of wood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

azsummer wrote: »
    I'd love to go have a look myself, but the thoughts of driving into Limerick seems kinda daunting.

You don't have to go through Limerick City to go to Rathkeale azsummer. You don't have to go to the dodgy parts of Limerick City when passing through the city either!
    COUNTY Limerick is lovely....nothing to worry about!! Apart from mass delusion.....:rolleyes:

County Limerick, as opposed to the city, is the most affluent part of Ireland outside of South Dublin. Not a lot of people know that, as Michael Caine would say.

topper75 wrote: »
    County Limerick, as opposed to the city, is the most affluent part of Ireland outside of South Dublin. Not a lot of people know that, as Michael Caine would say.
    I did :) www.cso.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

the most laughable part of all this, and no one seems to have said it.....what does the stump supposedly look like....?? The Virgin Mary??!!
    But who knows what she looks like!??!!! I mean does it look like Mary herself, or does it just happen to look like a painting of Mary that was done in the 16th Century and adopted by the Church as the given image in the same way the white man with the beard and the long hair is the given image of the Quare Fella! And yet they were both of Middle Eastern origin..!!! So instead of looking like herself, it actually just happens to look like a 500 year old painting of what some artist presumed she looked like.........

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Liam79 wrote: »
    the most laughable part of all this, and no one seems to have said it.....what does the stump supposedly look like....?? The Virgin Mary??!!
    But who knows what she looks like!??!!! I mean does it look like Mary herself, or does it just happen to look like a painting of Mary that was done in the 16th Century and adopted by the Church as the given image in the same way the white man with the beard and the long hair is the given image of the Quare Fella! And yet they were both of Middle Eastern origin..!!! So instead of looking like herself, it actually just happens to look like a 500 year old painting of what some artist presumed she looked like.........

That is a very good point, and though it is obvious, I never thought of it...

Well Done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

I went to see the stump last week. There were a good few people there, mostly travellers making devout gestures.
    I did notice that in the heart of the stump, one can easily make out the outline of a child's face. I was assured by a few of the traveller women that it is the face of the baby Jesus.
    Guys, it's easy to scoff at this, and it is easy to think that we know the ways of God, and that it would be illogcal for God to give us a sign in this way. But I think these traveller women and kids genuinely believe this is from God, and it is increasing their faith.
    Jesus told us somewhere in the Gospels that much would remain hidden from the wordly wise, but would be shown to those with child-like faith.
    But do drive out there some evening and have a look. Rathkeale is only a short drive from Limerick city. You will remember the day you went out to see the holy stump of Rathkeale.
    I dont rule out the possibilty that this is a miraculous sign, the purpose of which I dont understand. Keep an open mind about it. Go out there and have a look for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

But I think these traveller women and kids genuinely believe this is from God, and it is increasing their faith.

So you reckon the knacker pavie itinerant traveller peoples have re -found their "faith" and will not be around the country doing what they have being doing for ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

I went to see the stump last week. There were a good few people there, mostly travellers making devout gestures.
    I did notice that in the heart of the stump, one can easily make out the outline of a child's face. I was assured by a few of the traveller women that it is the face of the baby Jesus.
    Guys, it's easy to scoff at this, and it is easy to think that we know the ways of God, and that it would be illogcal for God to give us a sign in this way. But I think these traveller women and kids genuinely believe this is from God, and it is increasing their faith.
    Jesus told us somewhere in the Gospels that much would remain hidden from the wordly wise, but would be shown to those with child-like faith.
    But do drive out there some evening and have a look. Rathkeale is only a short drive from Limerick city. You will remember the day you went out to see the holy stump of Rathkeale.
    I dont rule out the possibilty that this is a miraculous sign, the purpose of which I dont understand. Keep an open mind about it. Go out there and have a look for yourself.

Like the whole belief in God, this whole thing is just superstitious nonsence, How you can say keep an open mind about a stump is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Some ejit spraypainted his/her number and the outline of a busty women onto the stump on Saturday night.

Apparently Dennis Quaid visited the stump last week!I hope Brad Pitt comes to see it too.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

curtin10 wrote: »
    636651009a11201934104l.jpg

Mr Michael Jackson, ladies and gentlemen, is back!

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    Apparently Dennis Quaid visited the stump last week!.........;)
    That could be true as he has relations in West Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Seen drinking in Sullivans Bar himself and the wife, he was staying in Adare and was researching his heritage/holidaying

Advertisement