Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathkeale Virgin Sighted

Options
  • 08-07-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen her? Lots of news in the local papers but is she still there?
    Can we call out to pray or to see her?
    Has anyone any photos of Her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

a virgin in rathkeale? not for long!

Seriously any photos? there is also her son on the other side of the tree stump!
    lots of praying going on, boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Did you see her?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Loveless wrote: »
    hate to bring this up but did anyone think of the image bishop Brennan picture that Fr Ted drew when this came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

hate to bring this up but did anyone think of the image bishop Brennan picture that Fr Ted drew when this came up.

To be quite honest I had thought of that BEFORE I saw that image! :D

This really is a load of old cobblers, my mother (a fairly religious woman) just went to see it and laughed it off.....obviously a cunning plan to bring more tourists to west limerick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Would that be a Class 2 or Class 3 relic then Ted? :)

treee975698.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

great moneyspinner

i wonder are the chaps from hot chix and gearstix behind this??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Ye cynics. How could ye deny it when it is plain as day in that photo of the stump. She could appear in other places. Be on the lookout.

topper75 wrote: »
    Ye cynics. How could ye deny it when it is plain as day in that photo of the stump. She could appear in other places. Be on the lookout.
    Yes there is a bit of a likeness there. But its like when you were young and looked into clouds and could see different shapes and faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

topper75 wrote: »

Gosh:eek: she's just appeared in my microwave

come to my kitchen now everyone.....i'll only charge €5 per head with discounts for children and the unemployed and the thick :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

grenache wrote: »
    I can just imagine the tinkers charging people soon to see the tree stump....."2 euro and you'll have the virgin mary, boss''.

Or as someone on Limerick blogger said:
    "2 ra'kale virgins boss, never touched, blessed by the wholly fadder in rome ....€15 and for another ten we'll throw in a bran-new sofa, we will, so we will"

Why cant Rathkeale be on the news for anything non crazy for once! Last week we had the pink playboy limo's and Jordan style carriages going to the first communion and now this. I am convinced that St Marys parish in Rathkeale must be the craggy Island for Irish priests.

panda100 wrote: »
    Or as someone on Limerick blogger said:
    "2 ra'kale virgins boss, never touched, blessed by the wholly fadder in rome ....€15 and for another ten we'll throw in a bran-new sofa, we will, so we will"

Why cant Rathkeale be on the news for anything non crazy for once! Last week we had the pink playboy limo's and Jordan style carriages going to the first communion and now this. I am convinced that St Marys parish in Rathkeale must be the craggy Island for Irish priests.
    Yes its straight out of first episode of Father ted. Staring at tree stumps in the carnival. wonder is it a publicity stunt. Petrol stations must be doing a roaring business as commuters travel from far and wide to see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Loveless wrote: »
    Would that be a Class 2 or Class 3 relic then Ted? :)

treee975698.png

also looks like:

istockphoto_430062_middle_finger.jpg

Although I havent seen the "Holy Stump" yet, I must admit I'm feeling a great sense of serenity off it (only living a few miles away). Yep I'm gettin a great Buzz off it. :D

So I'm wondering if Rathkeale does become the new Knock, are they gonna demolish the local neighbouring parishes to make way for a new airport?? :p

Although I havent seen the "Holy Stump" yet, I must admit I'm feeling a great sense of serenity off it (only living a few miles away). Yep I'm gettin a great Buzz off it. :D

So I'm wondering if Rathkeale does become the new Knock, are they gonna demolish the local neighbouring parishes to make way for a new airport?? :p
    Can you tell how old the stump is by looking at the rings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭hardcore

The best thing to come out of Rathkeale since the bypass

hardcore wrote: »
    The best thing to come out of Rathkeale since the bypass
    thought it was the road to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Can you tell how old the stump is by looking at the rings?

enough of that now. i'm not looking at any oul stumps ring

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Video with some unbelievable interviews:
    http://www.tv3.ie/news.php?video=11131&locID=1.2.141

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Never underestimate the earnest stupidity of the devout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

There was me thinking of St. Kevins stump from another episode of Fr. Ted also:D

Is it just the outline of the way the tree was cut that would appear to resemble the outline of the Blessed Virgin or is there more to it than that.

Must stop of some time I'm passing to see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

636651009a11201934104l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jesus-jesus-dog-ass-demotivational-poster-1222114446.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

well i am glad to report io went to visit the stump last night....there was a good crowd of gob****es around....had some women up by the stump praying...it is totally laughable :)

but the shops and the chipper are doing a great trade!

i expect to see chip vans and even stalls set up by next week....

show a little respect guys..surely 1 decade of the roasry to be said on here to thank god for this miracle :D:D

loving the pics guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

I'd love to go have a look myself, but the thoughts of driving into Limerick seems kinda daunting.

azsummer wrote: »
    I'd love to go have a look myself, but the thoughts of driving into Limerick seems kinda daunting.

COUNTY Limerick is lovely....nothing to worry about!! Apart from mass delusion.....:rolleyes:

Curtain10 how did you do that?

azsummer I'm sure you would make it away in one piece again. What county you from out of curiosity? It must be a right and peaceful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

i just did it for a laugh and suddenly it has spread like wild fire!!! I personally sent it to one person and it went from there! It even made page 12 of the sunday world!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

Curtain10 how did you do that?

azsummer I'm sure you would make it away in one piece again. What county you from out of curiosity? It must be a right and peaceful place.

anywhere is better than...........em.. Limerick, please don't stab me! :P *runs*
    just messin

nice job Curtin10, wow respect!

• Advertisement

azsummer wrote: »
    anywhere is better than...........em.. Limerick,

Ah yeah indeed like you would be infinitely safer in somewhere such as Dublin:P:eek:

Advertisement