Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayTV Discussion (reasonable discussion ONLY!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was always a tad suspicious that some of the callers may be plants.

ah i doubt that now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the variance in time delay of his echo in the background made me think this too, sometimes it's less than a second, sometimes it's 3 or 4 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

the variance in time delay of his echo in the background made me think this too, sometimes it's less than a second, sometimes it's 3 or 4 seconds

There will be different delays depending on how you watch Tv3.

More or less trips to space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭dangerpowers

Callers are definitely planted in an attempt to get more callers in, especially when the 2 presenters pretend that someone is close

Radio phone shows place plants in an attempt to get callers to call in, the phoneshow on FM104 do it, they get someone to call in and say something controversial so that callers call in

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

That could depend on whether the caller is watching through a UPC/Sky box or aerial. The digital box is a couple of seconds slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Has anyone looked through the list of winners and the amounts they've won? Link to Playtv website. The same names come up time and time again. Some people must spend a huge amount of money on this 'show'. It appears that the total amount of winnings has decreased over time too.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Thanks for that Auld-Yin. Take a look a this and see the row of Limbu numerals. Does anything look familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu-Arabic_numeral_system
    Can't view that line, and a few others. Will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Can't view that line, and a few others. Will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Maybe it is just my computer, but there are more than a few Zs on that line. Has anyone else seen them?

there was also good while there where games similar to this were just coincidentally won by the last caller

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

Guaranteed the answer is over 2000

Someone is feeding him the info from here saying that he is being honest when he said someone got close!!!!

My answer is 3026 by the way

i get that feeling aswell
    theres noway they don't know of this threads exsistance.

i'm just waiting for either JG or fiona to mention it on air

my answer for tonight is 2227 (complete guess:D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Plants? Maybe.

Vegetables? Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Coles wrote: »
    Has anyone looked through the list of winners and the amounts they've won? Link to Playtv website. The same names come up time and time again. Some people must spend a huge amount of money on this 'show'. It appears that the total amount of winnings has decreased over time too.
    I believe that people are wising up to them. Threads like this are not helping them.

Is that the same Emma calling??:confused::eek:

I'd love it if someone got it correct now, they probably haven't budgeted for a ten grand winner

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

Coles wrote: »
    It appears that the total amount of winnings has decreased over time too.

Mainly becuase they're playing alot of "Add the numbers" puzzles which have ridiculous answers that nobody wins and go on for the entire show, even though they're supposed to be "warm up" games!!

all they give away of late is the second chance hourly prize, which was once €100, then went down to €50 and is now €25 from tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

I'd love it if someone got it correct now, they probably haven't budgeted for a ten grand winner

this kind of companies are well able to cover a winner of any amount on screen.

the prize dosn't go up until they have at least twice that amount allready taken in.

more likely to be 4 times the amount on offer.
    I've run a lot of games.

3nero wrote: »
    i get that feeling aswell
    theres noway they don't know of this threads exsistance.

i'm just waiting for either JG or fiona to mention it on air.

They are fully aware of this thread.

Notice how everything changed on September 2nd after the BCC meeting. The decision has not been released yet to any party, yet they have made radical changes.

Notice how everything changed on September 2nd after the BCC meeting. The decision has not been released yet to any party, yet they have made radical changes.

I presume you won't hear from the BCC this side of the weekend, or do you reckon you might?

Plants? Maybe.

Vegetables? Definitely.
    Is that the same Emma calling??:confused::eek:

And as if by magic, they appear...

God, some people need a good slap with the common sense hurley...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

€7000 jackpot now, obviously confident nobody will get the answer.

my answer / guess for what it's worth is 2148.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

More on offer. (and therefore taken in)
    Less paid out.

I presume you won't hear from the BCC this side of the weekend, or do you reckon you might?
    No idea, I am watching the letter box with interest.

i keep getting 1160, but someone rang up and said it there.

It does say ON the bus.
    So on top of the bus? It's starting to annoy me now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Has anyone a previous image for a question like this and how the answer was worked out?

Also I dont see how people are getting the huge answers of 1060 though, anyone care to shed some light on that?

No idea, I am watching the letter box with interest.

I wouldn't get too hopeful unfortunately, I'd say it will be at least another 2 weeks before you get a letter response

Axwell wrote: »
    Has anyone a previous image for a question like this and how the answer was worked out?

Also I dont see how people are getting the huge answers of 1060 though, anyone care to shed some light on that?

4 cats per basket = 16 legs
    5 kittens per cat = 20 legs
    so per basket there is 96 legs
    12 baskets is 1152 (6 baskets per person)

plus the legs of 4 people : the driver, Mary, and the two with the baskets..

equals 1160!! what am i forgetting?

Cat on the roof of the bus.

equals 1160!! what am i forgetting?

You're forgetting that Play TV answers are historically based on a lack of cohesion and clarity, misleading instructions, lies of omission and outright deception.

Logic and common sense are not factors.

I wouldn't get too hopeful unfortunately, I'd say it will be at least another 2 weeks before you get a letter response
    Hopefully it will be sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It doesnt say the two that get off take off their cats with them, it doesnt say mary doesnt have baskets getting on, and also there are animals that look more like dogs in the image of the bus and a cat on the roof which you also havent included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement