Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for printing?

Options
  • 07-07-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi could anyone suggest somewhere around Dublin, which would print flyers and possibly posters cheaply? any suggestions v welcome.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

Reads http://www.reads.ie/special-offer.html, €250 for 5000 A5 flyers sounds good. Looking around myself at mo, if anyone has any other sources thats cheap let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

i have a printer friend knocks 5000 off at 230 , 2 colour , a5 . cheapest by far i have come across

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Would also like to find a good deal on business card printing at good quality! Preferable Dublin City Centre/South City.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

superbad50 wrote: »
    i have a printer friend knocks 5000 off at 230 , 2 colour , a5 . cheapest by far i have come across

The reads deal is far better... Full colour n 2 sided for €250. I've used reads a good bit and they are great, the staff are great. U can do everything by email n just turn up n collect ur flyers etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

The girls in GP digital just off Camden Street are great to deal with. I've used them a few times and they'll always negotiate a good price with you. http://www.gpdigital.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrsC

hiya, i am looking for a printer, in Cork preferably, or on the net. I am starting a business and will need a good, but reasonable printer of greetings cards, i need to print on all sides & dont want any logos on them. I have used optimalprint.com for cards for myself, but they dont have a big choice in sizes and no choice at all with finishes, plus i would like to deal with someone local if i can!

Alternatively I would be willing to print them myself if i could find a printer that would print on 300gm paper & print right out to edges, but this option may be way too expensive, just not sure!

Any help or advise would be appreciated! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Why limit it to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrsC

would like to keep it local if i can, especially with the recession, but if it proves too expensive then of course i will have to look abroad! as i mentioned i have used a company in sweden, but if i could find a company here with more choices and still good value then that would be my preference! :)

MrsC wrote: »
    would like to keep it local if i can, especially with the recession, but if it proves too expensive then of course i will have to look abroad! as i mentioned i have used a company in sweden, but if i could find a company here with more choices and still good value then that would be my preference! :)

Ya I agree at shopping Irish but like when you are paying 3 times the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

The price difference shouldn't be 3 times the cost keeping it in Ireland. By all means shop around, just remember to specify EVERYTHING the same. Paper, colours etc. otherwise someone will just quote on the lowest spec everything. I'd also worry about any printer that quotes way below the average cost, last thing you want is them to wind up while in the middle of printing your job! I know for a fact there are some out there printing at a loss, and it's just not sustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Excellent Digital printer - The Type Bureau on Merrion Square. 01-6760022

Good prices and quality. I use them for commercial & personal print work (low run digital stuff).

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    The price difference shouldn't be 3 times the cost keeping it in Ireland. By all means shop around, just remember to specify EVERYTHING the same. Paper, colours etc. otherwise someone will just quote on the lowest spec everything. I'd also worry about any printer that quotes way below the average cost, last thing you want is them to wind up while in the middle of printing your job! I know for a fact there are some out there printing at a loss, and it's just not sustainable.

Ok Are we aloud to compare the prices of 2 companies? Is it against the rules on boards?

no idea, I wouldn't imagine so?

no idea, I wouldn't imagine so?

Ok, I'm not going to name the companies.
    Business Cards same spec
    Company A (Irish) QTY 500 =82euro exc vat
    Company B (Non-Irish) QTY 2,500 = 86euro inc vat

I'm not including shipping as I am just proving print prices are more expensive in Ireland

but this is EXACTLY my point. It's not the same spec. You were quoted for 500, and 2500 respectively. Printing is an economy of scale, it's always cheaper to run more, 500 is a very short run.

but this is EXACTLY my point. It's not the same spec. You were quoted for 500, and 2500 respectively. Printing is an economy of scale, it's always cheaper to run more, 500 is a very short run.

99.21euro is Irish inc vat
    86 is Other country

Its over 14 euro cheaper abroad for 5 times the amount!

Eh, cheaper per document - its never gonna be cheaper to print 2500 than 500.......

its never gonna be cheaper to print 2500 than 500.......

It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Vistaprint.co.uk are very good, I've used them for the last 4/5 years. I got 1500 business cards done earlier this year. I done the design myself, it was a 4 colour job and I got a foil effect on the card with a matt laminate.

In total they cost me less than €70 inc post. On the Vistaprint.ie site I was only getting 500 cards for €70 with the same details as above, I did try bigger quantities, but the prices were crazy.

www.vistaprint.co.uk

Last year I got 10,000 A5 leaflets printed, single colour (reflex blue) on 80gram paper by http://www.tallaght.net/griffinprint. They cost €210 in total, I done the design myself.

Looking at the previous posts Reads seems to be the best value.

Someone mentioned outburstdesign.ie, their office is next door to mine. Although I've never had the opportunity to use their services, they're a very friendly group to chat to :)

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    It is.

Right, you get me 2 quotes, from the same printer, one for 500 and one for 2500, and tell me which is cheaper.

For one - a run of 500 would usually be done digitally, and 2500 on litho, so that way, it may work out similar or cheaper (depending on the document size) - but its apples and oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mosey101

I work for a marketing agency and use a lot of different printers all the times so the list of printers that i can personally say are fantastic:

Digital Printers:

McGowans - Great place for nearly everything. I use them for my short to medium run stuff, and weird stuff.

Type Bureau - Gerry is the guy who owns it and is probably one of the nicest guys in the industry and very helpful. I would use this place for everything if i could but they're only short run small to medium format stuff

Total Graphics - Good for short run posters is normally what i get done there

Large Run
    Inkzone - Very helpful (though can be very slow in getting back to you). I found their prices to be the most competitive (sometimes a whole lot more). I use these mostly for all large run standard stuff (leaflets, dye cuts etc)

Brunswick Press - Never used them personally but very competitive on quotes and i've herad they've got great quality

Colourworld - Same as Brunswick Press

Alternatively, a great place to check out is print24.ie. They CAN be cheaper but i'd always run their prices with a comparrisson. (They've been slipping a bit lately i've found).

Going abroad ISN'T cheaper. Certainly not in the UK anyway. you've got to shop around cause there are a lot of printers out there with horrible prices.

Mosey101 wrote: »
    I work for a marketing agency and use a lot of different printers all the times so the list of printers that i can personally say are fantastic:

Digital Printers:

McGowans - Great place for nearly everything. I use them for my short to medium run stuff, and weird stuff.

Type Bureau - Gerry is the guy who owns it and is probably one of the nicest guys in the industry and very helpful. I would use this place for everything if i could but they're only short run small to medium format stuff

Total Graphics - Good for short run posters is normally what i get done there

Large Run
    Inkzone - Very helpful (though can be very slow in getting back to you). I found their prices to be the most competitive (sometimes a whole lot more). I use these mostly for all large run standard stuff (leaflets, dye cuts etc)

Brunswick Press - Never used them personally but very competitive on quotes and i've herad they've got great quality

Colourworld - Same as Brunswick Press

Alternatively, a great place to check out is print24.ie. They CAN be cheaper but i'd always run their prices with a comparrisson. (They've been slipping a bit lately i've found).

Going abroad ISN'T cheaper. Certainly not in the UK anyway. you've got to shop around cause there are a lot of printers out there with horrible prices.

I'm with you on the Type Bureau - I've stated my case for them above also!! Great to work with.

Another for larger run to large run litho are:
    Grafton Litho - great to work with, really good pre-press guys, fast turn around times (typically 3 days), and consistently the cheapest out of the panel I use. Would recommend them highly. I use them for brochures, leaflets, and even trade stand type stuff - extremely competitive.

Right, you get me 2 quotes, from the same printer, one for 500 and one for 2500, and tell me which is cheaper.

For one - a run of 500 would usually be done digitally, and 2500 on litho, so that way, it may work out similar or cheaper (depending on the document size) - but its apples and oranges.

Per document the 2,500 one but total price the 500 one is cheaper

Dublin_Gunner Your right, sorry I was a bit sleepy and confused about the prices.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

...I work for Vuepoint. We would hope to be competitive for most of our products, especially the short run digital print, short run wide format printing and exhibition/display equipment. All our prices are online.

Agree with above about McGowans, would send anything larger then we can handle over to them.

Quality product and excellent service is the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JEST

Has anyone used www.pluspoint.ie? You can get prices for virtually anything, but you do have to be a business. Get a spread of prices from around the country. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnlawlor

Just go to wilsons auction and pick up a color office printer for around 100 euros and buy some cheap toner on ebay... you can then print 100,000 flyers ! I did it and it saved me alot of cash

johnlawlor wrote: »
    Just go to wilsons auction and pick up a color office printer for around 100 euros and buy some cheap toner on ebay... you can then print 100,000 flyers ! I did it and it saved me alot of cash

Possibly the most unhelpful thread I've read all day.

Do your design in Word eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

johnlawlor wrote: »

Tis one way of doing it, although I've yet to find a cheaper way of doing my own flyers than getting them done at a printers. I find the expensive part is getting good quality paper cheap. If you want anything done on a 300gsm semi gloss paper u really need to use a printers...

Unless someone knows where u can get cheap, high quality paper

Advertisement