Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this work on the Boards Darts Forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

I think it should be a live tournament, no point someone who can play well on the net and not in real life. Also people who are considering entering remember its not your money. You have to be sure you can commit to every tournament and have extra money in place for travelling/accomodation at events.
    Hopefully there would be enough to contribute to these extras but theres no guarantee how much extra over the entrance fees will be available.

it's double edged sword, the only way of having enough money to do that is by having a full time job, so might not be able to get to every tournament. i am on thr dole at the moment but because i'm under 21 i only get a ton everyweek. i would be well up for every tournament because i have alot of free time but not the money to compete in them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

paulcorr wrote: »
    the whole idea was to sponsor a player through boards . without boards this idea would not of come to light weather it works or doesnt .boards are contributing they are letting people get on here and discuss the subject:mad:

Boards makes money out of its members from advertising and subscriptions. It is a business in its own right. I wouldn't be in favour of giving it free advertising with my money. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Degag wrote: »
    Boards makes money out of its members from advertising and subscriptions. It is a business in its own right. I wouldn't be in favour of giving it free advertising with my money. Simples.

I agree i wont be giving any money either why would i pay someone my hard earned money for them to play in comps around the country when i could just as easily play myself . but all i was saying is that it is through boards that this idea has come up im not in favour of it at all.In my opinion it doesnt make any sense what so everyou are giving money over to someone who 90 per cent of people on here wont even know . you get nothing in return may as well just give 20 euro to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Been reading the posts on this thread and i have to say i wouldnt spend what little yo yo's i got to send someone around the country playing darts , i would much rather send myself and try and improve my game.

So its a big no no from me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Been reading the posts on this thread and i have to say i wouldnt spend what little yo yo's i got to send someone around the country playing darts , i would much rather send myself and try and improve my game.

So its a big no no from me !!

I wan't money from every Boards member or I'm out of here!;):D:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

paulcorr wrote: »
    I agree i wont be giving any money either why would i pay someone my hard earned money for them to play in comps around the country when i could just as easily play myself . but all i was saying is that it is through boards that this idea has come up im not in favour of it at all.In my opinion it doesnt make any sense what so everyou are giving money over to someone who 90 per cent of people on here wont even know . you get nothing in return may as well just give 20 euro to charity.

I think it's a great idea. It would be good craic to have an involvement in something like this especially for 20 quid. I'd be in favour of doing it if we could call ourselves something like "The Irish Dart Players Sponsorship Group" or something like that. No problem with it being "The Boards.IE Dart Player's Player" either but would object to it being just "Boards.IE"

Sorry guys, i know i'm focusing too much on a pretty minor part of this....

Sorry also for the $hite names!

Advertisement