Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car services.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

If by 'politely and to the point' you meant writing posts dripping with smug self-righteousness as you touted your flawed condesentions as gospel, then yes you did a fantastic job Manus. Kudos.

Anyway lessons learnt. Life goes on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

it takes a bigger man to apologise and admit when he is wrong. i recall doing just that earlier. i also recall that you were completely wrong in your original post, but i dont see any apology forthcoming, and i dont see any remorse with your misguided information...
    also, people who dont accept apologies graciously are lacking manners in my humble opinion....

Hmm. Seems your main problem Manus, is not reading though the posts before you jump in and reply to them. I posted this on page 2....
    Aside from my original post (I admit I was confusing the alternator with the magneto which, in my two-stroke engine, DOES power the spark plug as it is a pull-start engine without a battery)

... before going on to explain once again to your deaf ears how alternators ACTUALLY work. So I'll take another apology, thanks very much!

And as for you, well you don't get one for being a smug, patronising tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Hmm. Seems your main problem Manus, is not reading though the posts before you jump in and reply to them. I posted this on page 2....

... before going on to explain once again to your deaf ears how alternators ACTUALLY work. So I'll take another apology, thanks very much!

And as for you, well you don't get one for being a smug, patronising tool.
    ooohhhh, big hard man are we?, i would like to see you try call me a tool to my face..

Ha ha ha! See you at the playground after school OK. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

there is a polish chap in irish town, i asked for the price of a full service on a 06 peugeout 207, he quoted me at 80 euro, i have had him do a lot of work for me on my other car, he is excellent, cheap, highly efficient and does a fantastic job, i know for a fact he is cheaper than several main dealers in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is that the place that used to be Phil Treacy's Renault garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

yep thats the place, i have another car due a service and i wll be going back to him, he is far superior than another garage i used and i got badly ripped off badly,change your own wipers etc and let him know exactly what you want doing, if he finds any problems he will let you know and get the parts. I had a problem with my little skip. he got the part 2nd hand and told me if it went in the next 3 months he would change the part free of charge, not many would do that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eire_kp61

were currently setting up a garage in blackmill street ( across from the snooker hall / black cat ) hoping to be ready by the middle of this month

we will be offering servicing on any make or model for €55

Along with the service it will also include a full vehicle safety inspection , quote for any further repairs needed , free wash and free collection and delivery from home or work

were also offering mechanical and bodywork repairs with the lowest per hour rate in kilkenny ,

full valeting will be available at a later date

O.S Motors
    086 3 66 11 99

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Just thought id share a sob story with you. Got an engine management light in my 01 1.6L honda civic and its only running on 3 cylinders. Changed the plugs which made no difference but cost e22 so changed the ignition coils which cost 80 euro for a set of second hand ones which also made no difference. So i finally relented and sent it to a professional. Anyone have any ideas what it could be without causing a major arguement like it seems i did the last time! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement