Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

unwyse wrote: »
    im an idiot on the technical side of things but my question is this, is it safe to change from eircom to opendns,by this i mean can your system be hacked or can spyware or worse, be installed by neer do wells? i actually have managed to change following some excellent tutorage on boards.ie but im a bit worried.

I have been following the thread in the BB section and I can't really see any great downside to using Opendns . I certainly wouldn't be worried about hackers or spyware because I was using it . It really just acts like a phone book .... you type in www.google.ie in your browser it goes to the dns and says " oi! , whats the IP number for that " the dns gives it the number and off it goes . Thats my limited understanding of it anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Having problems today alright, website not found, etc. Good to see i'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

nope no problems for me.

odd one posting about broadband problems on the INTERNET

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Eircom gave an announcement on local and national news this morning saying it was a hack attempt and/or huge volumes that caused the problems over the last few weeks, and that in the Limerick area normal service was resumed just after 23:00 last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Ya there DNS servers were ddos'ed twice this week, good option might be to use opendns servers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement