Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband

Options
  • 07-07-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Anyone having difficulties with eircom broadband in the county lately.

Had no signal at all Sunday night and even today my signal is veering from poor to fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

Its been up and down in the clarina area over the last 5 days or so, maybe the weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I was wondering about that - i'm getting a lot of site not found errors and thought it was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I was wondering about that - i'm getting a lot of site not found errors and thought it was just me

Have been getting the exact same for a few days and was doing my nut over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It's a nationwide issue. Eircoms DNS servers are fecked (possibly due to be hacked).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 haranp

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It's a nationwide issue. Eircoms DNS servers are fecked (possibly due to be hacked).

Having constant problems since last week, d16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Check the link from Goodlad above there are instructions on how to change to opendns , will solve the current problem .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Yup,having the same problems with eircom lately :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

My problem is worse. Started with being directed to wrong sites. Opendns sorted it. But now my bloody router wont synch 80% of the time, and when it does it goes down after 5 minutes. Anyone else have this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Finding it very bad for about a week...coonagh area.. intermittent email and internet connection.. tried open dns but no improvement.
    Any useful psosts most welcome.

• Advertisement

Bit of a change tonight ... everything went really bad there about 9 and continued that way until around 11 , so it wasn't just the DNS problem .

Yeah, mine worked for about an hour last night...doesn't matter what dns settings I use. But then down again. On average it stays up for less than 15 minutes, and it usually requires 4 or 5 boots to synch. So what's the story. Is Eircom fcuked in Limerick or what ? Logging a tech support call does nothing as they send someone out to the exchange who never rings you back with the results, and then someone out of the blue comes out to the house when your not there (despite you saying on the phone that a callout will be refused) and then tries to blame your setup which it clearly isn't. Pure scam to charge you the callout fee. This is about the 3rd time an outage like this has happened to me in 18 months and at this stage I'd probably be better off with Irish broadband or a mobile broadband package.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Would this attack explain your router not being able to dsl synch 9 times out of 10 on boot, and dropouts every 5-10 minutes after synch though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tooley

Go to http://twitition.com/8g935 and sign the petition

We the undersigned petition Eircom to provide a usable broadband service

(1) Eircom should inform customers of outages (2) Eircom should inform customers of scheduled maintenances (3) Eircom should perform broadband maintenance between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM (4) Eircom should consider using OpenDNS (5) Eircom should consider outsourcing its Customer Support Centre to someone who cares

Flaccus wrote: »
    Would this attack explain your router not being able to dsl synch 9 times out of 10 on boot, and dropouts every 5-10 minutes after synch though ?

Not really .. not if this is happening to you on a regular basis .

For the majority , the symptoms were ... monday evening , really slow or no browsing , changed to opendns and all was fine , then last night around 9 it all went a bit haywire , slow browsing mixed with bad latency and packet loss . From what I am reading on the BB forum there was no real reports of anyone not being able to sync .

tooley wrote: »

We the undersigned petition Eircom to provide a usable broadband service

(1) Eircom should inform customers of outages (2) Eircom should inform customers of scheduled maintenances (3) Eircom should perform broadband maintenance between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM (4) Eircom should consider using OpenDNS (5) Eircom should consider outsourcing its Customer Support Centre to someone who cares

1: Was this not an unexpected outage
    2: To the best of my knowledge they do have an announcement page on their BB support ... haven't needed to look there in a long time but I presume it is still there
    3: I believe they usually do their maintenance in off peak hours ( early morning ) , why are you of the impression they don't ??
    4: I believe all ISP's have their own DNS ( could be wrong on this one but one attack wouldn't lead me to believe that they should use some other DNS )
    5: I have never had a problem with their customer care , as long as you realise there is only so much the front line can do .

Mine started working again last night. No disconnects. Go figure. Pity EA couldn't get their servers sorted...couldn't get onto BF1943 on Live

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Eircom acting up again this evening, cannot log into my eircom email at all.

This is getting annoying now, may look into changing providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

I can't access my email either and this is not the first time:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

tooley wrote: »
    s (3) Eircom should perform broadband maintenance between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM

ya mad? thats the best time to be onine for us insomniacs

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

angeleyes wrote: »
    Eircom acting up again this evening, cannot log into my eircom email at all.

This is getting annoying now, may look into changing providers.

Same problems here - co cork.
    Rang and got automated message saying they were experiencing problems with broadband in this area.

Same thing last week.

Sick to the teeth of this non-service.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

the eircom DNS servers have crashed again ...

Primary 208.67.222.222
    Second 208.67.220.220

I spoke to a friendly Eircom tech suport guy who told me this ..

Should get a refund on this months charges as well

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

Same problems in Corbally...it's doing my nut in. Thinking of changing to UPC. Anyone hear anything about their service?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Same problems in Corbally...it's doing my nut in. Thinking of changing to UPC. Anyone hear anything about their service?

I'm also in Corbally, and have done just that recently.

The UPC triple play deal (phone, bb, and tv) is good value. The bb is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Just got mine working there.
    It's been wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

I'm also in Corbally, and have done just that recently.

The UPC triple play deal (phone, bb, and tv) is good value. The bb is great.

You know the way sometimes there are disruptions in their telly service? Well, does that interfere with the BB too? Did ya go for the 3mb or 10mb?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No tv disruptions so far. I went for 3meg bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

im an idiot on the technical side of things but my question is this, is it safe to change from eircom to opendns,by this i mean can your system be hacked or can spyware or worse, be installed by neer do wells? i actually have managed to change following some excellent tutorage on boards.ie but im a bit worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

hey all, its not just limerick, my mum is in tralee and her eircom broadband is totally acting up the last few days,she said she couldnt get on at all today to it. i'm in limerick city with irish broadband and mine is perfect

Advertisement