Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair €4 to Europe, €1 to UK

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah just looking at revenue site
    A rate of €2 will apply where the flight is to a destination located not more than 300 kilometres from Dublin Airport. This covers all flights within Ireland and flights to the following locations in the UK: Cardiff, Glasgow, Prestwick, Liverpool, Manchester, Blackpool and Isle of Man.

A rate of €10 will apply to flights to any other destination.

So London is €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Friend of mine scored €18 return flight to Beauvais today, everything included....the return ticket for the bus to Paris is €26!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Saruman wrote: »
    Ah just looking at revenue site

So London is €10

For whatever reason, ryanair aren't charging it. €8 return is all I paid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Any ideas the best way to find cheap hotels? Im sure Hotels.com and the likes add on their own fees.

To anyone sitting on the fence about this a group of us went to Liverpool in February on a one night session and stayed in the formule1. The whole thing, flights, room, food and drink cost us less than a night out in Ireland and the clubs stay open later!

Hostels ftw. Cheap and cheerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Does it have to be paid at the airport I wonder, though if you check in online I can not see how unless its part of the check in process online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesshoney

Thanks for letting me know!! They dont make life easy,do they!!!

The person I hope to stay with in London lives in Edmonton so I'll try look for cheap flights to Stanstead. Wish me luck, they really screw you with the taxes dont they?!

Best I've found yet is €160 return to Stanstead. Is this good or could I do better??

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

I hope its not that they are forgetting (as someone previously said) to add the €10 tax. I assume its intentional.

The flights are clearly advertised as €6 respectively €14 but come out as €4 and €4 - in each case, the difference is exactly the tax that *is* part of the advertised price but *is not* charged. I would say it is a glitch.
    Does it have to be paid at the airport I wonder, though if you check in online I can not see how unless its part of the check in process online.

You are entering into a contract, paying and getting a ticket... I do not see how they could claim you should have known there was a €10 charge that they forgot about.

Regarding hotels: There is a deal on right now where you get £20 off if you book through expedia UK or €20 off if you go through expedia France (works with an Irish address and credit card and for bookings anywhere in the world)... There is a thread about this somewhere. Many of us are happy to send out those codes. If you need one, PM me your name and e-mail address and I will be happy to send you one :)

Jesshoney wrote: »
    Best I've found yet is €160 return to Stanstead. Is this good or could I do better??

Best you can do to Stansted is €8 return. Just look for flights at €4 each - these ones have no further taxes or charges added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Jesshoney wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know!! They dont make life easy,do they!!!

The person I hope to stay with in London lives in Edmonton so I'll try look for cheap flights to Stanstead. Wish me luck, they really screw you with the taxes dont they?!

:rolleyes:

U need to be looking at weekdays (Mon - Thurs I think)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Jesshoney

Thanks Undo, sure that's cheaper than the bus into town!! Gonna search the net for them flights now!!!

-so cheap I won't mind paying for the train or the tube into London!!

ShooterSF wrote: »
    U need to be looking at weekdays (Mon - Thurs I think)

The terms say:
    Mon - Sun (subject to availability)

So if you are lucky, you can score weekend flights as well. It is all a matter of tedious searching and blind luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Sonya4u

Hey! I have some codes for the 20 pound off hotels through expedia aswel if anyone wants some just PM me your email address and name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

a great way i just found out there to get really cheap hotels if you have a bit of time is using priceline.co.uk or hotwire.com (priceline i think is slightly better for Europe) and use the bidding function.
    it works by you offering a price for a type of hotel in a certain area (i.e a 3 star hotel in edinburgh centre). it then either accepts or rejects your offer. the catch is though that you can only make one bid every 24 hours so if your bid is rejected you have to wait another 24 hours before you can make another bid. for me i was looking everywhere and the cheapest accomodation i could find was £50 pounds a night and that was for a 2 star hotel. i then used priceline and bid £37 and my offer was accepted. the hotel they gave me was a 3 star hilton a mile from the centre. ( beware of the other little charges they charge you on top of your £37 like taxes and a commission). there are sites out there like moneysavingexpert.com that help you figure out what price you should be bidding to get accepted at the lowest price.
    hope you find useful

Actually, for Priceline and Hotwire the URL is http://www.betterbidding.com/. Lots of information on the hotels offered, winning bids and such. I personally find the Expedia deal to be cheaper and easier right now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

www.laterooms.com always do me proud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The flights I booked were €18 per adult/child (incl cc charge). €50 per infant, who doesn't use a seat! Still happy with the deal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

kc66 wrote: »
    The flights I booked were €18 per adult/child (incl cc charge). €50 per infant, who doesn't use a seat! Still happy with the deal though.

This might be a silly question, but here goes. :confused:

Could you book your infant as a child and just not use the seat ?

Also, why are you still paying the credit card charge ? See post number 12 on this thread. Link below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61029178&postcount=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

undo wrote: »
    Ryanair have one of their endless specials on right now. The interesting thing is that the website is forgetting to charge the €10 Irish departure tax on these discounted flights.

Flights to many destinations are advertised as starting at €14 (€4 fare plus €10 departure tax) but as you click your way through the booking, the €10 is never added :). I just booked return flights to Europe for two and paid €16 total (4 flights for €4 each, no taxes or charges).

To the UK, I found fares as low as €1 with no further taxes. It has been a while since I last saw that price; never expected it to come back.

To avoid credit card charges, use Entropay as always...

Does anyone know what happend to the flights to Billund on these special offers ?....they were usually included and my last flight cost me €20 return..now the prices are a lot higher and do not seem to be reduced in the 'sale's :rolleyes:

brosna wrote: »

Indeed, there have been reports of Ryanair not honoring "normal" bookings for infants and requiring people to buy an infant ticket on the spot. It is risky...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

brosna wrote: »
    This might be a silly question, but here goes. :confused:

Also, why are you still paying the credit card charge ? See post number 12 on this thread. Link below.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61029178&postcount=12

I dont want to take the risk of turning up and Ryanair saying the infant is not old enough for a seat or some other excuse to squeeze more money. I did think of it though.
    Didn't know about Entropay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It's reaching the stage when we might need a Ryanair sticky with all the tips and tricks throw in .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭daithi666

Just a tip:

If you're flying to London, except Heathrow, use Easybus. Book online and it works out about 5pounds return from the airport to London City. Good value compared to the train...

Advertisement