Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the cleverest thing you have ever said?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

"Looks like someone's barking up the wrong Bush..."

Damn! You beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

phasers wrote: »
    That's a RIGHT triangle you idiot!

No, UnderpantsGnome is correct, it works with an Isosceles triangle also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

That's a RIGHT triangle you idiot!

D'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

"No".

I find it's something I can reused time and time again and it stays just as clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No, UnderpantsGnome is correct, it works with an Isosceles triangle also.
    Does this mean my maths teacher... and the Simpsons... lied to me?

Oh my God. What's real? Am I real? Are you real? Does Maths actually exist? In what form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Does this mean my maths teacher... and the Simpsons... lied to me?

Oh my God. What's real? Am I real? Are you real? Does Maths actually exist? In what form?

exponential meltdown.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't remember what it was but I'm sure I got loads of thanks for it. Possibly even post of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Hagar wrote: »
    "I do", Mrs Hagar is an angel.
    legend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Not sure what the most clever thing I have ever said is, but using the word 'clever' incorrectly would not be one of them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

well everybody, P.C won this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can we narrow it down to specific time periods, like weekly or monthly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

P.C. wrote: »

Not sure what the most clever thing I have ever said is, but using the word 'clever' incorrectly would not be one of them. :D

The fine people at Merriam-Webster's dictionary would disagree with you, good sir. 'Cleverest' is a perfectly legitimate word.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Also, the cleverest thing I ever said (circa March 2009)

"I think the FF government will be too bull-headed to consider the alternative option of nationalising the banks, and will instead pursue the bad-bank model so I'm expecting bank share prices to rise in the medium-term"

Quids in a couple of months later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

The fine people at Merriam-Webster's dictionary would disagree with you, good sir. 'Cleverest' is a perfectly legitimate word.

/thread

If you mean this:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cleverest

Then, no. They agree with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isocoleces triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.
    Stop and think about that for a second and it makes no sense! Say you have an isosceles triangle in a similar shape to the spire, then the square root of the base is clearly not equal to the sum of the 2 long sides...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

seanybiker wrote: »
    of course ill tell you when Im about to cum

I thought yours was this thread has taken a noise dive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Just ONE instance?
    Sorry, no way i'm going to be able to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

yerayeah wrote: »
    Stop and think about that for a second and it makes no sense! Say you have an isosceles triangle in a similar shape to the spire, then the square root of the base is clearly not equal to the sum of the 2 long sides...

I think you'll find that the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

after intercourse i found that the condom had broken

after a few minutes of panic and crying into my pillow I rolled over and announced;

"in for a penny, in for a pound"
    BOOM!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I managed to get the countdown conundrum once in about a second. Took the guys on the show about 5 seconds. I was pretty impressed with that.

Pfft. I got the target in a Maths round inside the 30 seconds that neither the contestants or Mrs. Vorderman could get.

It's been all downhill from there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I think you'll find that the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the beat.
    Now that is clever:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

When in rome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I used to work in a recruitment agency, and tons of non-nationals (especially Poles) would come to our door looking for temp work in construction and the like. They'd nearly always say "I look for job; can you open door?" because the nature of the work they were going for didn't demand a high level of education and vocab.
    Anyway, Dominika, a charming girl that worked with me, who was Polish herself, was explaining to me why they could so rarely manage to say 'open the door', and instead would just say 'open door.' She explained that the Polish language doesn't really differentiate between 'a' and 'the', so Poles inexperienced in English find this hard to learn, and often don't bother with either. She said that Polish people don't know is it 'a' or 'the' door. I replied "Okay, so in Poland you don't go though 'the' door, you just (cue singing) BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE!"

I spent the next six weeks laughing at how perfectly that joke set itself up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Like a carpenter who makes stairs, I'm always thinking one step ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭c_dog

I called a dickhead a retard before where he replyed my brother has downs syndrome so I said it must run in the family so..... I thought that was pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Looks like someone's barking up the wrong............. ah, sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

yerayeah wrote: »

I think you'll find you're both wrong.

The square of the hypothenuse of a right-angled triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of other two sides.

Isosceles is wrong, square-root is wrong, and you have to ensure that the two sides you pick are those other than hypothenuse. (although you can do it to work out another side if you subtract from the hypothenuse).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

mink_man wrote: »
    Like a carpenter who makes stairs, I'm always thinking one step ahead

Riiight... but what was the cleverest thing you ever said? ;)

Advertisement