Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the cleverest thing you have ever said?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinkin its e=mc2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think I might have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I managed to get the countdown conundrum once in about a second. Took the guys on the show about 5 seconds. I was pretty impressed with that.

i guessed what an oologist does on "are you smarter than a ten year old".. out of nowhere.

i was pretty happy with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

"Looks like someone's barking up the wrong Bush..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

my old dear was extolling her pride in myself & my brothers for some reason; most likely we played monopoly wihout resorting to violence. "A family of geniuses" she said. I corrected her: "Genii"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

of course ill tell you when Im about to cum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Auuhhh...I need off this thread now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Dardania wrote: »
    my old dear was extolling her pride in myself & my brothers for some reason; most likely we played monopoly wihout resorting to violence. "A family of geniuses" she said. I corrected her: "Genii"
    "Genii" is wrong, unless she meant that you're all guardian spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

"No thanks, I wouldn't like to buy any Enron shares, kind sir.".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

994 wrote: »
    "Genii" is wrong, unless she meant that you're all guardian spirits.

is there a plural of genius?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

"Looks like someone's barking up the wrong Bush..."

First thing that popped into my head. Spiritcrusher, I hate you.

*not really I'm sure you're very nice*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

most likely we played monopoly without resorting to violence.quote]

ahhh the good old days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i say smart things all the time.....

im known for my useless facts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

While playing hide n seek with Joseph and the kids...
    "...maybe they're in the cellar Mr. Fritzel..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭UnderpantsGnome

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isocoleces triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"Yes"

(The question beforehand was "Do you take this woman to be your lawful wife?")

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

LiNgWiStIkZ banned for abuse.

Edit: D'oh! Unbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I managed to get the countdown conundrum once in about a second. Took the guys on the show about 5 seconds. I was pretty impressed with that.

Aye me too once, although I used a website to input the letters while myself and the parents were watching Countdown. They were astounded at my sudden extreme scoring capabilities that day while only half paying attention to the program and half browsing the internet. Oh how we laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 captainautumn

I remember the morning after Steve Irwin died of the stingray bite I was in work and someone spoke about the inevitability of him dying in violent circumstance due to his regular dalience with death. True, say's I, as they say, 'He who lives by the swordfish dies by the swordfish'. I thought, f*** me that's clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

A few years ago was in my flat in a house (which was up for sale) and an estate agent was showing buyers around the building. He knocked on my door and said he was looking around the house for the landlord. Without opening the door I replied "well he's not in here"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

is there a plural of genius?

Yeah, it's geniuses. Hope that wasn't the cleverest thing you ever said. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I remember the morning after Steve Irwin died of the stingray bite I was in work and someone spoke about the inevitability of him dying in violent circumstance due to his regular dalience with death. True, say's I, as they say, 'He who lives by the swordfish dies by the swordfish'. I thought, f*** me that's clever.

It would have been clever, had it not been for the stingray getting there first.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Hmm.

Meeting my aunt's south-african boyfriend for the first time. He'd come to Ireland to meet us. Soon discovered he wasn't a very nice person, spent the whole evening at dinner telling us why Ireland was rubbish, and why South Africa was so much better, on every level.
    He dominated the entire conversation and was literally screaming at anyone who came to our country's defense.

Topic turned to rugby.

Him: Ireland are terrible at rugby. You have no good players. Brian O'Driscoll, your best player is over-rated. South Africa are much better. We've beaten New Zealand twice this year!

Me (thinking out loud): Yeah, but that was on a PlayStation.

I've never been given worse evils in my life! He was fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i guessed what an oologist does on "are you smarter than a ten year old".. out of nowhere.

i was pretty happy with myself

ahh i was watchin that but whats the answer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isocoleces triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.
    That's a RIGHT triangle you idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

NO to drugs:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My friend, a short gay vegan, was eating some fruit shortcake biscuits

Me: Wow, you're a short fruitcake who likes fruit shortcake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

"I do", Mrs Hagar is an angel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'm thinkin its e=mc2.

It can't be that smart. I'm pretty sure thats also the name of one of Mariah Careys albums.

Advertisement