Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegan and Vegetarian Forum Picnic, Saturday 25th of July*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hey i was gonna say that!:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not sure if numbers are sufficient atm, will see if anybody replies later on. Lots of people said they can't go, work etc. And it looks like I alone would be the govindas group hehe.
    Although garlic potato and soup in cornucopia would be lovely some time. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

SO! Rachel, who was there last time (at Hell), but who does not frequent the board anymore, will join us at Cornucopia. Us being me, Aoifums and maameeo. Tar.Aldarion may just be going camping with his buddies on a mountain in Sligo after all.. Master of Nothing, how do you appear to be fixed?! You thought you might be about.

Any other lurkers/shy veggies interested??

And we probably won't do a big drinks with the few of us. I don't actually think anyone but myself can stay later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Aww, I was lookin forward to gettin hammered :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jape wrote: »
    Aww, I was lookin forward to gettin hammered :-(

Sadly I don't think there is enough for drinks. :/
    So i think I head to this weekend party, will say for deffo tomorrow anyway!
    If we were not drinking I'd just be wandering around dublin all day :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

lol! yeah let us know anyway, I'll try to confirm somethin tomorrow also

bedtime, night

well since moonbaby is coming along we might have enough for drinks?! dunno. somebody post things! will check back later ahve to run

well, Aoifums can't drink, maameeo has to head off early, Master Of Nothing has to head off early IF he can make it and Rachel has work at 5. That leaves me and Moonbaby for drinks if Tar decides on camping on mountains instead. What time would you become available jape??? Sure, we'll se how it goes, but I doubt we can last in the city centre for too many hours...

Still weather report for Dublin is good.
    Mostly dry and bright at first. Becoming cloudy with light rain by the end of the day. Highest temperatures 18 or 19 degrees, freshening southerly breezes later in the day.

My apologies, I won't be attending.

Have a good day, see you at the next one...

Master of Nothing, how do you appear to be fixed?! You thought you might be about.

And we probably won't do a big drinks with the few of us. I don't actually think anyone but myself can stay later...
    Well since i've had no reply as of yet about going to Meath, i can stay with you guys a bit longer if needs be:) No drinkies for me as i'll be running another 8-9 miles for training in the evening:(

So what time are people meeting up then, and what foodstuffs are being taken along?

• Advertisement

Cool :) I'll be outside Cornucopia at 2pm. The sun will shine and we will go and enjoy our food at college green, or stephen's green. I'll be bringing vegan chocolate cake (which I will be up early tomorrow to make) and the necessary cola bottles for Moonbaby, which will be opened very carefully this time!

Thats cool so i'll be outside there for 2 myself:) I must try one of those this time, never had the chance last time as all you hungry females devoured them!:P For the veggies turning up i'll have ginger nut biscuits:D Sadly i've got nothing that nice at home for vegans sweet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

I'll be bringing vegan chocolate cake

Just stumbled across this recipe *hint hint*
    http://www.ommnomnom.com/2008/vegan-jager-bomb-cupcakes-round-two/

....wish I could bake...sigh....

*hint hint*:P

those cup cakes look frightening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Those cupcakes look amazing!!!

I want one! Yes I know my mammy would never let me have one

Weather is lookin' great :) Cake is in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oooh wow! jager bomb cupcakes!!! my work is complete!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

The Darth Maul of Cupcakes.

We can be drunk with fear of them. And also get drunk on them.
    No need for brown paper bags in the park.

great picnic guys, im no longer a cornucopia virgin! :D
    hope u all had good time too!

sweet rasmus... that cake was AMAZING!!! thank u!!!

Erm how did you get home before me?:confused: It was a lovely day for a picnic, good food and good company is always a win-win situation:)

• Advertisement

Lol! You guys are quick off the mark. Just in the door :) I agree, good food and good company. Glad we could help with the Cornucopia virgin issue!

Lol! You guys are quick off the mark. Just in the door :) I agree, good food and good company. Glad we could help with the Cornucopia virgin issue!
    Yeah pretty quick at that, and i even had time to stop off at that festival i told you about (it WAS on:()

The v word...never thought i'd be that again:P thanks for making it easy for the both of us haha!:pac:

Yeah pretty quick at that, and i even had time to stop off at that festival i told you about (it WAS on:()

The v word...never thought i'd be that again:P thanks for making it easy for the both of us haha!:pac: p.s. Cake was yum!

Ah no! I wish you'd known and I would have come to check it out! But tbh I don't where where those offices were that you were talking about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Amazing picnic!!!

Sweet-Rasmus, you are the queen of chocolate cake!! If there was a crown smily, I'd so give it to you!

And I'm very burned. I told you all I would burn. Anyone else in similar pain?

:D

Can't believe the sun got you! That's not fun :(

Aww I'm sorry I missed this. Sunburn in Ireland is kinda fun in a novel way.
    I tried to seen you a text begging for a picture of this cake SweetEramus.
    Dont think it went through.
    Bet it is too late now. ~eyes Master of Nothing~

"Here's one I made earlier!" 745988313a7909717255l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Just back from France, only saw the message about this now, wish I coulda gone!
    that cakes looks delicious, I'm v.jealous!
    Hope everyone had fun!

• Advertisement

aw aoifums!! thats awful! hope ur ok hun, hate sunburn, factor 60 all the way!!!
    masterofnothing, i left before u and u stopped off a t a festival, and im super woman... obviously id get home before u! :P

heres an image of the cake after being devoured! so yummy!

Advertisement