Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking etiquette?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I would always ask first, it's just good manners innit.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If I was in a non-smokers house/car I would actually insist that I go outside/wait until we've stopped somewhere. Anything else is unfair because, let's face it, smoke smells fcuking terrible.

My house/car, well, that's up to me. Sometimes I won't smoke in either for a few days to air them out a bit but that's rarer during the winter. My car was smoke-free until I developed road rage (passive road rage - I take it out on my lungs).

I suppose if there was a grey area where it was a smoker's house but it was predominantly non-smokers, house-owners call. Student accommodation is also tricky but I'd leave it up to the people who live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I think i will have to counter your questions with one of my own...

How drunk am i??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

How drunk am i??

Drunk enough to be "merry" but not enough to be a prick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Dinter wrote: »
    At home though I would smoke where I want.

(Sheesh, off them four days and still using the future tense!!)

Conditional tense. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Drunk enough to be "merry" but not enough to be a prick?

in which case i'd insist on going outside, forget why i was outside and wander back in smoking!!

Plus when you're about to feel guilty fr sparking up in a "non-smakers" house, remind them that its your fags they'll be robbing at 2 in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Had a thread on this in the smoking forum a while back. i don't smoke anymore but I would like to have pictured myself as a considerate smoker, but there were times when it was like "meh, **** it".

- I always smoked at least 10 ft away from someone I suspect as a non-smoker (e.g. at a bus stop)
    - I never stood directly outside door ways
    - If I was the only smoker in the room and rules allow me to smoke, id still go outside.

However
    - I did often throw butt's on the ground if there is no bin/tray within 10-15ft and wouldn't really care either
    - I always had a cigarette before a show (cinema etc.), which means the poor bugger sitting next to me has to put up with the smell. I did ask my mates did it bother them and they are all completely fine with it
    - I did drag my mates toward the outdoor seating area when going to a cafe (Again, they didnt mind).

Advertisement