Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social-Networking Sites?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

K4t wrote: »
    Anyone who spends more than an hour a day on a social networking site has no life.

Considering you have almost 2,000 post on Boards I'm guessing you fall into this category?
    See there is no option for people who see no point in social networking websites.

Seriously I don't see the need to broadcast your photos and your conversations with people to the internet, maybe private like MSN.

I had a bebo once when I was 12, I hated it and never used it again, waste of f*cking time, the only people who use it are planks who think they can show off how popular they are as if anyone gives a f*ck.

Social Networking is a pile of sh1te and the sooner it dies the better, forums like boards.ie are far better.

The only one which might actually eventually become useful is twitter, I'm not talking about the usual crap like with regular people. Great for getting news about people.

So yeah, they're sh1te

I could not disagree more. As someone who is in college and has alot of friends in America for the summer, Facebook is a great way of keeping in contact with them and following their adventures! Also, Facebook vs Boards. With Facebook you are communicating with you friends. On Boards you are just chatting random people you have met online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

AMixedBag wrote: »
    i dont go on bebo to be popular?? I just joined because all my friends were on it and no-one I know is on facebook or any other thing.
    And also must I point out that you have to be 13 to sign up to bebo!! You're a liar to the bebo people. You were 12!
    And you were a saint of course? You've never signed upto anything on the internet like a forum or anything before you were 13? You never watched an 18s movie when you were younger or heavens forbid, you goto an 18+ website.

Seriously....

All my friends were on Bebo, they moved on now but back then I didn't give a f*ck and just used MSN or text or whatever. Not gonna change now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i've always been more into forums than social networking sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Twitter regularly, and to a lesser extent Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

Twitter is taking over my life.

Sad, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Don't use any of them, phone and email work fine for me, so i have no need to use them really. Plus i find them really gaudy looking and annoying to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

juma wrote: »
    Considering you have almost 2,000 post on Boards I'm guessing you fall into this category?
    Of course not. When I'm on boards I'm posting o different topics like sport, tv, reading, after hours etc. I'm not staring at a screen of my friends pics and saying 'lol' and 'omg' over and over again when I don't really mean it. Seriously, more than an hour of that and you have no life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Max Power uses Bebo only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

K4t wrote: »
    Of course not. When I'm on boards I'm posting o different topics like sport, tv, reading, after hours etc. I'm not staring at a screen of my friends pics and saying 'lol' and 'omg' over and over again when I don't really mean it. Seriously, more than an hour of that and you have no life.

Ok but I'm sure there is plenty out there that spend over an hour a day on boards doing nothing more than looking for and giving 'Thanks' and other pointless stuff. Just like there is lots of people who use Facebook to keep in touch with friends.

So tell me, how is giving someone a 'Thanks' any different to saying 'lol' and 'omg' on a friends picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I'm too cool for that ****e ; D
    IRC and boards.ie for the win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I've always hated bebo/facebook etc, all the photos of everyone looking perfect= depressing but I love twitter. On it every day since I registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Facebook and bebo, and to a lesser extent - myspace.

Advertisement