Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social-Networking Sites?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

I don't mean this to be overkill.. I know there's a few threads already about various social-networking sites, but which do you use, if any?

It's multiple choice..

Which one? 265 votes

Facebook
    0% 0 votes
    Twitter
    46% 124 votes
    Myspace
    13% 37 votes
    Bebo
    9% 24 votes
    Other
    26% 69 votes
    I hope 'Tom' from Myspace burns in hell
    4% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Where's the Boards.ie option?

I'm in your thread, ruining your poll results :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CatacombKittens

I still use myspace now and again but it's pretty poor. I try to use it to find new people but it's mostly scene kids on it especially now. It used to be a bit better. Get very very few new people signing up in Ireland for some reason. I tried browsing in other countries though and it was much better.

Bebo, Facebook are useless for finding new people which is all I'm interested in using social networking sites for not **** I can do by phone or email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

who cares?

Its panda bath time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

who cares?

Its panda bath time

Erm.... thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

used to have bebo, but i got annoyed and deleted it. use facebook now.... mainly for some of the games though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Anyone who spends more than an hour a day on a social networking site has no life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

K4t wrote: »
    Anyone who spends more than an hour a day on a social networking site has no life.

Bothered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

No orkut for shame:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

am i meant to tick them all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

who cares?

Its panda bath time

Well played sir.

AMixedBag wrote: »
    Bothered?
    That you have no life? Ok. Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I had a bebo page when I was 14

I lurk on twitter to see what some famous people are doing

Edit: LOL twitter is showing the RTE underwear lady

K4t wrote: »
    That you have no life? Ok. Good for you.

love to know that you care. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Bebo and Facebook.

For teh lulz.
    The only reason anybody does anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Twitter is the biggest pile of gick I have ever seen. Only really use facebook as there is less kids on it.

AMixedBag wrote: »
    love to know that you care. :D
    Here at boards, we all care.

I just think they're a monumentus waste of time when you could be out playing sport or fulfilling other hobbies. In fairness, the majority of chat exchnaged on these sites is utter crap and the rest of the time is spent playing games or doing up your profile. You're better than that. Better yourselves, people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

NONONONONO

i signed up to twitter nononono

i swore id never do it. i instantly logged off once id done so i swear!

i have a facebook & a bebo account. only facebook is really used these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

i only use bebo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

See there is no option for people who see no point in social networking websites.

Seriously I don't see the need to broadcast your photos and your conversations with people to the internet, maybe private like MSN.

I had a bebo once when I was 12, I hated it and never used it again, waste of f*cking time, the only people who use it are planks who think they can show off how popular they are as if anyone gives a f*ck.

Social Networking is a pile of sh1te and the sooner it dies the better, forums like boards.ie are far better.

The only one which might actually eventually become useful is twitter, I'm not talking about the usual crap like with regular people. Great for getting news about people.

So yeah, they're sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Deleted the MySpace, removed everything from the Bebo (Left a Facebook URL, clever) and am now addicted to Facebook. This probably goes for loads of people.

I think Bebo is absolute cancer, there's people on there who haven't made their communion posting pictures of themselves in shutter shades in the jacks mirror basically, and f<ck all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

more into naughty webcam sites myself mate hehehehehahahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

more into naughty webcam sites myself mate hehehehehahahahahah

Linkage Jim Levenstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Abigayle wrote: »
    Linkage Jim Levenstein.

good 1 mate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

face party all the cool kids hang out there ......

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

yep its base fook for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Yea I go on Facebook a good bit.

If you’re traveling it’s an easy way of staying in contact with people with little effort and to keep in contact with people you meet traveling.

The events thing is handy for sorting out nights out with friends and seeing who can go and who can’t.

Its also nice to see photos of what is happening at home, I missed a wedding of a good friend of mine and it was nice to be able to see everyone’s photos of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Went through a big Bebo phase when I was 16. Hardly ever use it anymore. Have a MySpace but only joined to become fans of bands. :o

I'm addicted to Facebook recently because of the games/applications and stuff (warning: Mafia Wars is bloody addictive. If I had a wife and kids I'd be neglecting them so badly right now.)

Don't have a Twitter although I'm tempted to sign up just so I can cyberstalk Stephen Fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Back on Faecesbook again (better change my sig!) as a result of FOMO (fear of missing out).

MySpace because that's where all the cool bands hang out that you don't know about and I do and that makes me better than you (for those who can't decide, yes I'm being sarcastic).

And this bebo figure worries me. A lot of teenage users here on boards eh?

But s'pose each one is a machination of the debbil. Same sh!t, different form. Flashier graphics (or not in the case of Facebook).

I don't see the fascination with Twitter though. Are peoples' lives that vacuous that you have to see what your favorite "celeb" is doing at ten am? No. Learn a skill. Read a book. Do something productive yourself! Swear, it's like the internet breeds whiners........oh wait.

I'd like to add an "other" too. I'm on bodymod.org (yes you guessed it a bodymod social networking group......) and last.fm can be considered a social networking tool - via tastes in music. And what about youtube? That'll fall in to the category. And boards.ie.......er......obviously.

• Advertisement

I had a bebo once when I was 12, I hated it and never used it again, waste of f*cking time, the only people who use it are planks who think they can show off how popular they are as if anyone gives a f*ck

i dont go on bebo to be popular?? I just joined because all my friends were on it and no-one I know is on facebook or any other thing.
    And also must I point out that you have to be 13 to sign up to bebo!! You're a liar to the bebo people. You were 12!

Advertisement