Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside smoking areas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I love when winter comes and the smokers are huddled around in pub doorways trying to get a few lungfuls of smoke and at the same time shelter from the stinging rain and freezing wind.

Always cheers me up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Very popular late bar in Limerick have a huge smoking area. Their busy has benefit alot due to the smoking ban. The one thing I noticed is that when it rains and the canopy is fully closed the smoke lingers for awhile before it escapes on the narrow gaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I love when winter comes and the smokers are huddled around in pub doorways trying to get a few lungfuls of smoke and at the same time shelter from the stinging rain and freezing wind.

Always cheers me up. :)

Lovely.

Your types then complain when people have a smoke in the outside areas when the weather is good.

Damaging 'Your air':rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Lovely.

Your types then complain when people have a smoke in the outside areas when the weather is good.

Damaging 'Your air':rolleyes:

man you really love your smoking, eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Big Ears wrote: »
    man you really love your smoking, eh ?

No, not really, just hate the attitude of the 'holier than thou's' of this world.

Wish they'd fall off their high horses & break their stupid scrawny necks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

I work in a bar. When the smoking ban first came in, we bought a little shed for people to go into to smoke.... we had a little heater in there too so people stayed warm and dry. Next thing the H&S came out and told us it was illegal because there wasn't more than 50% of it exposed to the outside... you can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

funk-you wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that smoking areas have the best craic? Really does show that smokers are cool.

-Funk

Yes, particularlyin winter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Degag wrote: »
    I work in a bar. When the smoking ban first came in, we bought a little shed for people to go into to smoke.... we had a little heater in there too so people stayed warm and dry. Next thing the H&S came out and told us it was illegal because there wasn't more than 50% of it exposed to the outside... you can't win.

I think the law states that any building with more than 3 sides comes under the smoking ban.

Shelters seperated from the building do not come under this rule.

Thats why most pubs only have a canopy attached to the building as anything more would come under the law so long as its on the pubs property.

Advertisement