Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so... I started playing rugby

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

cronin_j wrote: »
    So... Training is back on this Thursday!

Anyone heading down that hasnt before? Now is the time to get in there, you wont be long making friends..

I personally cant wait, although i expect to be in ribbons Friday morning from the running as i havent done a tap since season end..

Where the **** were you then eh??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

castie wrote: »
    Where the **** were you then eh??? :p

The brother called up with my godson, didnt end up going to training last night.

The brother called up with my godson, didnt end up going to training last night.

tssk tssk bad start already :p

tssk tssk bad start already :p

Ya not great... ill be there next week..

Was there many there last night?

Ya not great... ill be there next week..

Was there many there last night?

Bout 30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Bout 30

Good turn out.
    I still can't run on my knee, so it will probably be another 2 months before i can start back training :mad: Will head down on thursday night and help out though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

wow you guys have started back training already!

and we give out about how long the pro's season is ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Got the dreaded text on Sat night.
    1 hour fitness examination session, tomorrow night

owww
    :-(

owww
    :-(

Just remember your not meant to try to impress at these. Dont set too high a benchmark at day 0 :)

• Advertisement

Just remember your not meant to try to impress at these. Dont set too high a benchmark at day 0 :)

I know that but still have the little voice saying "remember when you could do X and Y??"
    The battle is with myself, I have been too lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Tallaght J4 started back last night too. Just 1 session a week until August and then back to 2 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

my local town is talking about starting up a rugby club this year. a lot less driving for me that way hopefully it gets off the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lads i never got a break...as soon as rugby was over it was the gaa...best preseason training ever imo

excuse this week? :D

Last week was the intro.
    First full week this week, Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu nights training.

My body is exhausted. I have not trained this hard in about 8 years.
    Damn I am fat and slow

Last week was the intro.
    First full week this week, Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu nights training.

My body is exhausted. I have not trained this hard in about 8 years.
    Damn I am fat and slow

Ha ha i feel the same, although i have lost 1.5 stone since the end of last season to last night..

Woke up this morning and my arms and the tops of my legs were killing me. Im like jelly. Some wake up call training in the rain last night.

Still though its all worth it.. Im going on holidays now so ill miss a weeks training, and im going with a load of the lads so ill be full of beer, im dreading coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭philipm

Are ye Stillorgan lads doing 4 nights pre-season training?

Hardcore!

philipm wrote: »

Hardcore!

I'm not with Stillorgan, don't know cronin_j's routine

Hearing that a lot of senior clubs are back hard at it already

Hardcore!

No thank god.. Norries schedule seems to be flat out compared to ours.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry I thought he was part of the Stillorgan majority:)

Oh sorry I thought he was part of the Stillorgan majority:)

Nah, he drops by too offer encouragement from time to time..

And by the looks of today to gloat about his 4 day session ha ha:D

Nah, he drops by too offer encouragement from time to time..

And by the looks of today to gloat about his 4 day session ha ha:D

Trust me, if you saw me at training, you would understand that there is no gloating that can be done by me.

how you guys going for numbers?

Trust me, if you saw me at training, you would understand that there is no gloating that can be done by me.

how you guys going for numbers?

there were about 30 of us there last night, but the vast bulk of the long timers werent there, so it looks promising, a few new people there too which is always good.

yourselves?

there were about 30 of us there last night, but the vast bulk of the long timers werent there, so it looks promising, a few new people there too which is always good.

yourselves?

About the same.
    Only Senior and J1 back at the moment, I imagine that all the other teams will start taining within the next two weeks

I'm trying to get fit and start playing at higher levels again so going to kill myself with the beasts, untill the season starts

I play with Monkstown last season was my first year with them. We start back next week.

The numbers we had last year for pre-season were crazy. Its bad how many players you loose though.

I play with Monkstown last season was my first year with them. We start back next week.

The numbers we had last year for pre-season were crazy. Its bad how many players you loose though.

Weather is good generally does mean a lot more at training.

Cold miserable November Tuesday usually lets you know how you are doing for numbers:P

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Howdi Lads!

been following this post since last year and have to say its been a fantastic read!

good to hear people are looking forward to getting back into training.....i myself aint looking forward to the cold nights :(

did any of u do much training over the summer? i tried to hit the gym but i could only manage about 2 or 3 days a week (sometimes only 1 day a week) but iv been hard back at it now for the past 3 weeks. unfortunatly i cant really do much leg work as iv a slight tear on my Patellar Tendor and my I.T Quad Band so doing alot of physio at the moment so fingers crossed ill be ok for the start of the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Having not played for a few years (due to injury and living abroad) and with pre-season starting in a couple of weeks, we got a few lads together, just for a bit of a laugh on Saturday.

Broken collar bone and tendon/ligament damage for my troubles. Won't be able to play till November, at the earliest due to the physio work required...

FML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

god sorry to hear about that tolosenc!

hope u have a quick recovery!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement