Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite controller ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

has to the this beauty: :pac::pac:

AtariJoystick.jpg

One Button, one stick, what more could anybody want....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

MegaDrive_6ButtonPad.jpg

Did not have that console, so I have to go with the daddy of them

No way is that better then the Saturn pad,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

djsim wrote: »
    has to the this beauty: :pac::pac:

AtariJoystick.jpg

One Button, one stick, what more could anybody want....

Ah, what a controller. The cover from the stick came off for faster waggling in Activision's Decathlon. Feel the pain of the 1500 metres. Blister tastic.

I liked those days when that one joystick would work in your Spectrum Kempston interface, your C64 and your 2600, happy, cheaper days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

My first console controller, you want blisters??
    leave the "analogue" stick on it!!

con_Atari7800Joypad.jpg

The underside of that used to act like a cheese grater on my hands if I played for too long!

I like the 360 controller but I think I still have to go with the Dreamcast one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The underside of that used to act like a cheese grater on my hands if I played for too long!

I like the 360 controller but I think I still have to go with the Dreamcast one

I forgot that! was it the right hand side was covered in uncomfortable, diagonal lines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CCCP^ wrote: »
    microsoft-official-xbox-controller.jpg

I only started gaming in 1993 on the NES and have used and tried just about every controller since then and nothing in my hands can beat the first Xbox controller for comfort and functionality, the S controller had a slightly better D pad but was smaller and not as comfortable to hold. The 360 controller would be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Atari%205200%20trak-ball.jpg

or

power-glove.jpg

Oh sorry i taught you said the worst controller ;) - I watch to much AVGM :)

Best modern controller is the 360 I feel,

The best retro... Super snes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I liked the 360 controller too.

Old school the competition pro 500 was quality. One of few joysticks that could handle kick off 2 without falling to bits.

appleidog wrote: »
    No way is that better then the Saturn pad,

Already said that I did not have one.

How am I meant to vote on something, that I have not experienced?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You shouldn't be allowed vote then!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You shouldn't be allowed vote then!

This thread is not called Best Controller, it is Favourite Controller

SO THERE:P

PS
    Quiet you or I will bring these out
    arcadecontrollers.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I forgot what it was like to play a Playstation controller without dual shock knobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

rowtron_televisioncomputersystem_2.jpg
    Ah you cant beat the rowtron, where the analogue stick stays in the direction you push

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS controller d-pad sucks donkey balls. Just because it's better than the xbox 360's d-pad doesn't make it any good. It's still a horrendous design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Can I ask what makes a "good" d-pad and why ? I've never liked the Xbox kinda ones where it's all raised and sh*t but the PS one does me fine :) .

I was one of those Mega Drive kids so maybe that has something to do with it.

The SNES, megadrive 6 button, the classic MS sidewinder and the saturn pads are the best you can get. Street fighter is the ultimate test for a d-pad, try them on street fighter then try the PS one. It's really only responsiveness that makes a good d-pad. The saturn has the same design as 360 one but is much better made and far more responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The SNES, megadrive 6 button, the classic MS sidewinder and the saturn pads are the best you can get. Street fighter is the ultimate test for a d-pad, try them on street fighter then try the PS one. It's really only responsiveness that makes a good d-pad. The saturn has the same design as 360 one but is much better made and far more responsive.

what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I bought a USB SNES pad a while back and it's great, the Spanish site I got it from doesn't have them anymore but here does:
    http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=85b1365948301bd90a045f527e36219d

Advertisement