Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Giant Spiders!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

bug wrote: »
    Which is why no one qualified EVER comes to these threads about spiders to give us spider wonderers any factual information.

Thats what I think...
    Where's spiderman when you need him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't mind spiders at all, I hate flys though. More spiders in my house the happier I am. I especially like the ones that go mental spinning around on their web whenever anything goes near them.

Yeah, I was typing away here 10 minutes ago and a bloody fly lands on my leg. Spiders don't tend to do that. Same fly here the last few days.

Hate fly sprays. Any natural ways of getting rid of them . Papers don't work, he's damn too quick.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was typing away here 10 minutes ago and a bloody fly lands on my leg. Spiders don't tend to do that. Same fly here the last few days.

Hate fly sprays. Any natural ways of getting rid of them . Papers don't work, he's damn too quick.
    javaboy wrote: »

It's not natural but it's fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sleipnir wrote: »
    They have been in the UK quite a while and are a quite passive. If these are surviving there is no reason why the widow and redback cant as the are all related.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't mind spiders at all, I hate flys though. More spiders in my house the happier I am. I especially like the ones that go mental spinning around on their web whenever anything goes near them.
    Im the same, If i catch a fly in the kitchen I will feed it to Borris. He is very quick when something lands on its web :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Spiders dont bother me at all...but what is the story with the flies that look like they are pumped up on steroids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭lau1247

Always have a newspaper ready.. :D

I don't mind them as long as they are not in my house.. otherwise all bets are off.. don't like the idea of them crawling around in my space.. especially as more and more tropicals are that managed to migrate over.. and they could be poisonous..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I always kill a spider if i see one even the really small ones

Why cause they can grow into big ones and if i put them outside whos to say they wont come back in

better to get them while there small and weak, so they dont get you when there big and strong....:eek:

karlog wrote: »
    I always kill a spider if i see one even the really small ones

Why cause they can grow into big ones and if i put them outside whos to say they wont come back in

better to get them while there small and weak, so they dont get you when there big and strong....:eek:

It is considered very bad luck to kill a spider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

It is considered very bad luck to kill a spider.

I'm not superstitious

I'm arachnophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

That's what they look like? If so, I am sure I've seen some around these last couple of months. Little buggers.

• Advertisement

karlog wrote: »
    I'm not superstitious

I'm arachnophobic
    Dosent matter, bad luck will fall upon you if you kill a spider. You can get a humane spider catcher and release them in the wild, no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

fly_gun_200.jpg

Most fun method of killing flys. Killing moths with a BB gun is pretty sweet too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They are quite big alright. I didn't mind spiders in the past when they were small but now they gotta go!
    I like spiders. Friendly chaps they are :)
    And cause of them I dont have flys buzzing around my feckin room.

Can't say i'd fancy the webs all over the place.
    FearDark wrote: »
    Forget the spiders, what about the gazillions of flies around. I was bitten by flies the other day about 6 times, yes bitten, the little feckers are getting out of control. I was up a ladder swinging a piece of 2" x 1" at em I could have died.

The flies are clearly getting way above their station. Very uppity of late. Who do they think they are?

Maddison wrote: »
    Spiders dont bother me at all...but what is the story with the flies that look like they are pumped up on steroids.

I always knew the new fly trend of working out would lead to steroid abuse. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Does anybody else think it was idiotic of the family in wicklowpeople article, they are releasing it away from residentail area, KILL it! it's not a native species! With names like theirs I'm sure the parents are complete self absorbed fvcking twats

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Maddison wrote: »

i like you to say that if you had a giant crab spider in your bedroom

http://images.whatsthatbug.com/images/giant_crab_spider_spiderlin.jpg

rossie1977 wrote: »

So a piece of tissue is out of the question then?

Merch wrote: »
    Does anybody else think it was idiotic of the family in wicklowpeople article, they are releasing it away from residentail area, KILL it! it's not a native species! With names like theirs I'm sure the parents are complete self absorbed fvcking twats

Yeah the cheek of them, giving their children Irish names...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Left the window open the other night with the lamp on and when I came back there was a big fcuking cockroach sitting on the window sill!!!:eek:I mean a proper cockroach!

I like you to say that if you had a giant crab in your bed. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Ah sure that would be my beardie fed for a week...saves my on giant locusts & frozen baby mice. Id say my snake would have a go of it aswell.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Merch wrote: »

They're here to stay so you'll have to just get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

One night I woke up with my leg being itchy, naturally I scratched it, felt a bit of dirt and threw it on the ground where it made loud noise followed by a tapping noise. Me thinking it was a mouse that I disturbed by throwing something at it(yes it was that loud) turned the light on to look at the cute mouse what I got was a spider with a 2inch leg span. It was on my ****ing leg and I picked it up and then it was trying to get under the bed. I don't mind spiders as long as they stay away from me.

Those big ones are actually native to here, they are called house spiders, live in the walls and come out normally at the end of summer to breed and to find a new nesting ground. I lived in a place that was riddled with them. I also got one land on my shoulder but that was only about 1cm not near as bad as the 2inch one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah the cheek of them, giving their children Irish names...
    I'm not saying people are all the same, but in my experience those that have names like that always come across to me as exceptionally smug.Maybe its me or just 100% of the few I've come across?
    In this case you think the parents would have just flattened it? It's not native maybe it is (unlikely) the only one and they could have ended it there?
    They're here to stay so you'll have to just get used to it.

Do you mean the spiders or the self absorbed idiots? I'm assuming spiders but I think it would be more difficult to get rid of the latter:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Reading this thread is making my skin crawl.

I remember i woke up one night and felt a big enough spider crawl across my face. Freaked me out.

(BTW here's an interesting fact: The average person will swallow 2 spiders while sleeping during their lifetime.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

This is just like the phobias forum... I know I shouldn't look but I always do and now I keep getting that crawling feeling on the back of my neck... fúcking hate spiders, the (not so) wee bastards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Just be thankful none of us live in Australia :

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

http://digg.com/users/Totz83/gallery/5014452/p.jpg

That was in my bath a few months ago

That link won't open for me. :confused:

All of the others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

I like you to say that if you had a giant crab in your bed. :eek:
    Is that what they call women these days?.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

thats a MONSTER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

benj wrote: »
    thats a MONSTER

Whats worse is theres around a hundred small ones next to it.

Advertisement