Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Giant Spiders!

Options
  • 04-07-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

What the fook is the story with the huge spiders that are invading homes these days?

Spiders and me get along in the sense that they stay over in their little bit of the place and I reside in my corner but now some of these spiders are FOOKING huge. They could eat my head in a few bites! Is it just my gaff that they are evolving into SUPER FOOKING SPIDERS?

Anyone else seen these huge b'stards?

:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh listen mate dont get me started had 1 with a huge arse the other day out in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

you know the big huge 1s with the big arses, long time since i went to school now mate so dont remember what the proper name is but the big huge 1s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Terry, wrote: »
    What the fook is the story with the huge spiders that are invading homes these days?

Spiders and me get along in the sense that they stay over in their little bit of the place and I reside in my corner but now some of these spiders are FOOKING huge. They could eat my head in a few bites! Is it just my gaff that they are evolving into SUPER FOOKING SPIDERS?

Anyone else seen these huge b'stards?

:(

[TAP, TAP, TAP] Have we had a few drinks tonight Sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

nothing a spray of deodorant to the face doesnt cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I only clicked because I thought Terry had started a thread, waste of fucking time! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

had a massive one in my bath last year, tried to wash it down the plughole but he was too big, so hoovered it up!!

Left the hoover hanging over the sink and lo and behold, it appeared again about 3 days later, so hoovered it up again!!

I won second time around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I like spiders. Friendly chaps they are :)
    And cause of them I dont have flys buzzing around my feckin room.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://digg.com/users/Totz83/gallery/5014452/p.jpg

That was in my bath a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Terry, I won't sleep now :(

edit...thought it was actual terry....can sleep now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

there every where got a lovely crunch as I stood on one earler...

your not the only one there every where....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

bronte wrote: »
    Terry, I won't sleep now :(

Well if you're awake and local...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We need to start making bigger and bigger newspapers to combat these new enemies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Forget the spiders, what about the gazillions of flies around. I was bitten by flies the other day about 6 times, yes bitten, the little feckers are getting out of control. I was up a ladder swinging a piece of 2" x 1" at em I could have died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have a wild pet spider in the kitchen called Borris, (After the Who:)) I dont use fly killer anymore after learning that it could also hill him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055414907&highlight=spiders

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

FearDark wrote: »
    Forget the spiders, what about the gazillions of flies around. I was bitten by flies the other day about 6 times, yes bitten, the little feckers are getting out of control. I was up a ladder swinging a piece of 2" x 1" at em I could have died.

€6.50: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=42813

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

javaboy wrote: »
    Yeah, theyre great but some fecker always gets a hold of it and swats ya on the conk which imo is ten times worse than a big bite.... also id look a bit odd with that thing in my tool belt (aka my utility belt batman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

'do we have any incence?'

'there was a spider in the bath'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I saw the biggest spider I've ever seen outside of the zoo last week. It absolutely terrified me cos I have a deep fear of the wankesr :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

dude my name is boris :) and so is ur spider :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jay P wrote: »
    I saw the biggest spider I've ever seen outside of the zoo last week. It absolutely terrified me cos I have a deep fear of the wankesr :(
    Global warming might introduce some nice little nasties. Japan got the redback introduced in from Australia quite recently. As long as they keep the flies away they wouldnt bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tomebagel wrote: »
    nothing a spray of deodorant to the face doesnt cure.

Would that not hurt your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

No arm in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Global warming might introduce some nice little nasties. Japan got the redback introduced in from Australia quite recently. As long as they keep the flies away they wouldnt bother me.

The False Widow is already here....

http://www.uksafari.com/falsewidows.htm

http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/news/children-find-fake-black-widow-spider-at-house-1450103.html

http://www.queerid.com/topic.aspx?topicid=18324

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steatoda_nobilis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

oh **** if i ever see a spider with an actual body i will be so scared. ive seen some big ones and they scare me but nothing like the ones in South America/north america/australia. Eeeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

none this year round my crib.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

You...you aren't the real Terry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

jumpguy wrote: »
    You...you aren't the real Terry. :(

Comma Comma Comma Comma Comma Chameleon, they come and go, they come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Must be because I'm on the web more!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't mind spiders at all, I hate flys though. More spiders in my house the happier I am. I especially like the ones that go mental spinning around on their web whenever anything goes near them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

FearDark wrote: »

I thought this too. Huge increase in flies this year, not so many hover flies either.
    Maybe the spiders are getting bigger because there are more flies. :/

Who knows? I don't like to wonder about these things, because it's one of those things where we'll never actually have the facts, and wondering is futile.

All Irish insectologists and spidologists have been redeployed or are unemployed or depressed about the recession.

Which is why no one qualified EVER comes to these threads about spiders to give us spider wonderers any factual information.

Thats what I think...

Advertisement