Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Obama came to Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Would'nt be bothered. What's he done for me? Nowt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Proof? That was based on hype alone. He hasn't changed anything. The only difference between him and Bush is that he is (Obama) a better speaker.
    I wouldn't go see him.
    His campaign was based on him changing things, so there's no proof needed there. Also, I'm not getting in the spirit of argument (okay I am), but he is changing things. America's obvious white elephants like Cuban relations, it's health care system and it's approach to international problems. He's barely halfway through his first year and people are ignorantly saying "he's doing nothing". Tell me that again in 4, preferably 8 years and I'll know whether to agree or disagree. /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

where's to option to go protesting.

his regime is 99.999% the same as GWB, ergo i'd expect to see the same numbers protesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Twice as big and half as boring

his penis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Pope John Paul had the biggest penis of all, that's what propped him up in the final days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I don't generally go to see people. He's a great man and I have all the respect in the world for him. But I wouldn't go and look at him. Unless he was in my local obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Obama, no. Bring on the Queen though. *dumps can of petrol on thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,832 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Careful. He's coming to run your country into (more) debt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ruu wrote: »
    Obama, no. Bring on the Queen though. *dumps can of petrol on thread*

Another One Bites The Dust?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Wonder will he visit Moneygall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Proof? He hasn't changed anything.

Eh...... stem cell research?......

Anyway ya, would definitely go and see him. i think he's pretty awesome. He's intelligent, powerful, good looking, good sense of humour and is up for a bit of craic by the looks of him. would love to see and hear him in the flesh.

Overheal wrote: »
    Careful. He's coming to run your country into (more) debt ;)
    America's recession is easing and I'd nearly think it's bottomed out.

Ireland's recession is still rampant and our shower of idiots in the Dáil can't even hammer out our own public finances.

I know I'd swap Cowen for Obama any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I voted for him but getting sick of him playing up so much

Think that was Clinton who was doing the playing up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

He shall be visiting ballybracknowhere , to see his great 2nd auntie's cousin or whoever it is' cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Holsten wrote: »
    No, he's just a man.

A man lizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

A man lizard.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought race into this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I reckon I'd make the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Why? He has made me laugh once so far in nearly a year. At least the last guy was entertaining. Give me Dylan Moran or Gervais any day. I'd go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

if i he came to dublin when i happened to be there yeah i would see him

the half hour dublin bus in to see him? i couldnt be arsed

So is that if you came to Dublin when he happened to be there or if he came to Dublin when you happened to be there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I admire Obama - he's the consummate presidential entertainer. He'd be welcome to join the lads and myself round at my place to partake in a few canned beverages and watch the rugger any time.

But if he started asking tapping fag ash on the floor and became a rowdy drunk, knocking over a can of Stella and spilling it on the nice hardwood floor, IN MY FRONT ROOM, I should say "OI! OBAMA! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" give him a slap, "SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO MAKE THIS AFTERNOON A SUCCESS, BUT YOU ARE FAILING TO TREAT MY PROPERTY WITH THE RESPECT IT DESERVES! NOW GET UP OFF YOUR FAT, PRESIDENTIAL, PAMPERED ARSE, GET A DISHCLOTH AND CLEAN MY FLOOR!" :mad:

• Advertisement

I doubt he'd ever come to Limerick city, they'd have to draft in the whole US army and put the city under martial law. Then Obama will have to do his speech with his head poking out of a tank, with a triple armour helmet.

It'd never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Agamemnon wrote: »
    I admire Obama - he's the consummate presidential entertainer. He'd be welcome to join the lads and myself round at my place to partake in a few canned beverages and watch the rugger any time.

But if he started asking tapping fag ash on the floor and became a rowdy drunk, knocking over a can of Stella and spilling it on the nice hardwood floor, IN MY FRONT ROOM, I should say "OI! OBAMA! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" give him a slap, "SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO MAKE THIS AFTERNOON A SUCCESS, BUT YOU ARE FAILING TO TREAT MY PROPERTY WITH THE RESPECT IT DESERVES! NOW GET UP OFF YOUR FAT, PRESIDENTIAL, PAMPERED ARSE, GET A DISHCLOTH AND CLEAN MY FLOOR!" :mad:

Do you happen to have strong opinions on the shape of hula hoops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Do you happen to have strong opinions on the shape of hula hoops?
    HULA HOOPS ARE ROUND, THEY'RE STAYING ROUND, AND THEY'LL BE AROUND FOREVER! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Apart from actually making it to the office of US Prez, he hasn't actually done anything outstanding yet that would make me want to go visit him?!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

When Obama will come to ireland, he will bring all the illegal irish with him.
    Of course i will go and see him. He is the best president .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

like hell I would ! The damn dirty liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

He's coming to Ireland?
    Boom Baby!

(sorry if anyone already did that, i didn't read the whole thread!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I'd give him a game of basketball

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Poor fella, if he went to Offaly (where his ancestors live) Gah gah gah gah gah gah gah gah gah gah brian whelehan gah gah gah laios feckers gah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

If he did come to Ireland, he would probably be trying to steal something..

We all remember what happened with the Hope Diamond :(

Advertisement