Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Event

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

Van Dice wrote: »
    Just as well you did Robin :(

On dinner break now but it's been horrible so far.

Starting table was pretty tough, only one poor player and he was to my direct left. Anyway, lost almost every pot I played for the first 2 hours, mostly through flopping very badly. So down to around 26k. Then squeeze with AK from SB, get called by good player, don't cbet a co-ordinated middle card flop with 2 suits (can't remember exactly what the cards were), and check again on Qo turn. He bet 2/3 pot, I kinda wanted to call twice but eventually passed. Not sure I like any of that hand tbh.

Then the bad player limps UTG, SB calls, I have K5o in BB. Flop Kd Ts 5d, I lead 550 into 600, UTG makes it 1550. I call, and he bets 4k on 3h turn pretty quickly. I think in hindsight I probably should fold there, but he had been overbetting a lot of strong one pair hands to protect them. Including 5k into a 1k pot with KK on 654 flop. But he had been raising most of those type of hands pre, so I think I see KT or 55 most of the time. I called anyway and he checked back a blank river with KT. Then he fistpumped and patted my shoulder. FML.

Table broke with that player on around 95k, lol.

Lost other hands with AQ on AJ4 flop I bet, bet again on J turn and fold to a big raise. 3bet TT fold to a lead on AKx.

Win a few ok pots, bluffraised a flush completing river with middle pair against a good player, and value bet 3 streets with top pair where the other guy who I thought was a station folded the river.
    Then just before dinner I 3bet AA vs a fish from 700 to 2050. He check-calls 3k on a JT9 rainbow flop, check-calls 6.5k on a 6 turn and open shoves an 8 river. Sweet.

I only have 9k left, on dinner, and somewhere in the middle of feeling sorry for myself, lifetilting, and laughing at it all.

Will surely double soon though :)

this is all complete lies -pretending to play well and all that

his real bustout hand was he limped for 200 utg+1 makes it 600 button makes it 1600 van dice cunningly makes it 2600 other 2 player call flop 910J van dice shoves allin for 27000 -springing his elaborate trap

wp & gg

Advertisement