Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Event

Options
  • 03-07-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, long time since I posted on here!

I'm buying into the Main Event but don't want to have 10k at stake. So I'm selling off some percentages, I am not really bothered about mark-up but because money would be transferred online I'm gonna do a little bit mainly to cover exchange rates, fees etc. I think 1.1-1 is still fair, I'm pretty sure that it's still good value :) If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you there

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

1% please

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

PM sent, 3% if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

will take 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

5%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

3%, sending PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

1% plz. PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Bozzer

3% please. PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'll take 2% too plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

in for 4 plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 paler

ill take 2% please

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

1% please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

2% please! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Will take 5% if FTP poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

Ok thanks guys that's def enough I'll get back to everyone via PM now.

phantom lord you need to delete PMs, you're booked for 2% anyway though. gl all!

Shipped gogogogogogogoogoggg......

Shipped! Good luck. Be great if you confirmed receipt whenever possible.

Let the advantage crapshoot begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

He is just away to the rio to register so am sure he will get back to you when he gets back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Sent, gl!

Playing today, just handed over 10k. Coulda used it to buy some food, but I can't now, so imma have to win it all...glgl to me

I'm using the public internet in the Rio so don't want to log in to anything to check receipt of money, I'll check all that tonight when I get back to our rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

ffs i keep missing out on these-best of luck van dice

Just as well you did Robin :(

On dinner break now but it's been horrible so far.

Starting table was pretty tough, only one poor player and he was to my direct left. Anyway, lost almost every pot I played for the first 2 hours, mostly through flopping very badly. So down to around 26k. Then squeeze with AK from SB, get called by good player, don't cbet a co-ordinated middle card flop with 2 suits (can't remember exactly what the cards were), and check again on Qo turn. He bet 2/3 pot, I kinda wanted to call twice but eventually passed. Not sure I like any of that hand tbh.

Then the bad player limps UTG, SB calls, I have K5o in BB. Flop Kd Ts 5d, I lead 550 into 600, UTG makes it 1550. I call, and he bets 4k on 3h turn pretty quickly. I think in hindsight I probably should fold there, but he had been overbetting a lot of strong one pair hands to protect them. Including 5k into a 1k pot with KK on 654 flop. But he had been raising most of those type of hands pre, so I think I see KT or 55 most of the time. I called anyway and he checked back a blank river with KT. Then he fistpumped and patted my shoulder. FML.

Table broke with that player on around 95k, lol.

Lost other hands with AQ on AJ4 flop I bet, bet again on J turn and fold to a big raise. 3bet TT fold to a lead on AKx.

Win a few ok pots, bluffraised a flush completing river with middle pair against a good player, and value bet 3 streets with top pair where the other guy who I thought was a station folded the river.
    Then just before dinner I 3bet AA vs a fish from 700 to 2050. He check-calls 3k on a JT9 rainbow flop, check-calls 6.5k on a 6 turn and open shoves an 8 river. Sweet.

I only have 9k left, on dinner, and somewhere in the middle of feeling sorry for myself, lifetilting, and laughing at it all.

Will surely double soon though :)

Squeeze KK get it in vs AQ Qxx flop A turn going to drink as much as possible as quickly as possible for as long as possible gl me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Van Dice wrote: »
    Squeeze KK get it in vs AQ Qxx flop A turn going to drink as much as possible as quickly as possible for as long as possible gl me

gl best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

I'll give u 6 hours max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Not getting my money now man!! :D Good report, will meet up with you later to sort you out with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

ship me your details u fish!

OMG what a fish. UL dude

Hey, what can you do. Unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

Then he fistpumped and patted my shoulder.

That was the most brutal beat of all.

UL. I'll cancel the jet for November then.

I see your future...it involves fear and loathing for the next few days. MTT's are great craic:D

Advertisement