Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BEST DRIVING ROAD IN IRELAND

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

in a rallycar on molls gap ,healy pass,killarneyatlantic drive,knockalladonegal,ring in clonakilty

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Apart from the obvious "any road so long as I'm driving a hire car" line; I'd agree with the Westport/Louisburgh - Leenane road. Also quite like the 'back' road from Scariff to connect wth main Limerick/Galway road, just south of Gort. Over the hill, Killenana way. Helps to be on it literally first thing or last thing, so avoiding usual farm traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The coast road out of Galway through Spiddal then around to Maams Cross, left there up to Clifden. Nice driving road and great scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The healy pass at about 6am when the sun is just coming up is legendary stuff, but for sheer insanity, you can't beat Priest Leap down west. Anyone who's been on the road will agree, it's a rollercoaster at the side of a mountain, at some points you're going up crests and the rise and drop is so severe, you can't see the road underneath you, or where it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

steve06 wrote: »
    The Healy pass!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

The healy pass at about 6am when the sun is just coming up is legendary stuff, but for sheer insanity, you can't beat Priest Leap down west. Anyone who's been on the road will agree, it's a rollercoaster at the side of a mountain, at some points you're going up crests and the rise and drop is so severe, you can't see the road underneath you, or where it's going.

Forgot about that. It's some drive, especially from north to south for the views. You'll enjoy the views as you'll be going VERY slowly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

healy pass - glengarrif to kenmare
    killarney to kenmare the road past ladies view
    conor pass on the way to Dingle
    Westport to leenane really beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

my folks live there i lived there for quite some time and its one of my favourite roads of all time :D the kill to waterford road aint half bad at about 2 o clock on a nice dry cool night :D;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

offalyman wrote: »
    Westport to leenane really beautiful
    Nice views alright.
    86898.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭david....

can you please post a pic of your r34gtr???:D
    and how much breakhorsepower is it

• Advertisement
Advertisement