Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who wear juggernaut in Call of Duty

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

i always thought a bouncing betty was the martydom ''perk''...aka the gayest of all perks.
    Oh god I do hate that perk, so many times it has f'd up a big kill streak for me and I suspect every other competent player feels the same.

please please Infinity Ward exclude that from COD MW2.

that is all.

That's the whole point of the perk, to be annoying, to get a little bit of revenge on whoever killed you in the most annoying way possible, also ruining their kill streak so they don't get to call in an airstrike r a helicopter any time soon. This is turning into a "Why won't the game just let me win in the easiest way possible?!?" thread.

EDIT: I also imagine every 'competent' player learned to avoid it after getting caught by it the first few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

DHFrame wrote: »
    I am a high ranking player. I'm not a boasting ****er but I am in the top 8% on COD WAW mainly in Free For All cos I am **** at all the other playlists. The only reason I say this is because I believe I have a enough experience with frustrating COD moments to comment something constructive. I think some perks are annoying in Free For All.

Bouncing Betty or any kind of trip device I hate, known in the community as 'A kill with no skill!' or 'Birthday surprise', looks like a birthday cake when they run around with it, killing you when they plant it. Juggernaut can be extremely frustrating when it comes to one of them fast one on one moments. It's frustrating when you have a 26 kill streak but the guy who manages to kill you is the guy using Juggernaut. The way to balance the act is to use Stopping Power. This will stop him loading bullets into you as long as yours are hitting him.

Bomb squad will allow you to find Bouncing Betty's, useful as the culprit is always around his devices. Easy Kill. It is important to get out of game you know you are going to loose because of connection issues. Dont be chavvy about it, but you know when your ping is causing issues in the outcome of your game. I can kill the best of them, but if I dont have a fast connection, the worst are the hardest. You will find that Americans are always really good, yes, because they have the advantage. This is a problem on the PSN network, there should be a way of finding global areas. I dont want to play Americans they always have theconnection advantage, even if they are rubbish!

Always run. Players who run a lot make the most kills. Always run towards hotspots/kill zones reloading before you get there, find them in Barracks on the COD website. After 3 kills you gain radar. This is the most important skill of the game. It allows you to see the enemy!

Aim your throwables at 'home owners'. The guys that keep using them same buildings over and over to camp.

Always tap tap the trigger, holding trigger causes less control.

My perk choices are:

Sticky Grenades. Put it where you want it, can stick to players, hugh blast area.

Gas, good for throwing over long distances with enemy in view. Can kill on direct hit to the head. Rare though!

Stopping Power, counteracts Juggernaut. Increases amount of damage each bullet does.

Bomb Squad, Good for locating campers (bad at game, scared of you, but love it, want high ratio)

Steady Aim, allows you to kill when running against someone but don't have time to aim, hugh body spinning advantage when passing players. Increases accuracy when firing from the hip.

Dead Silence! Reduces amount of noise player makes. Great for entering 'Home Owners Houses. I use Sennheiser cans, amazing what you can hear and act on it.

Finally. Always have bluetooth headset ready to let dickheads know the score, slagging players for using perks that you don't like destroys their game. Responding to abuse when they thought you were not using a headset murders their game. Yes, it is a game, beat them! Dying after you have gained Dogs/Helicopter is a massive advantage as they help gain new kill streak awards.

MP4, Dual Barrel.

Add me in psn DHFrame

That pretty much sums up the worst kind of player on COD the ones that think camping is wrong, camping is just taking up a good tactical position in cover to kill dumb enemies that just run in circles trying to get 20+ kill streaks.

Claymores/ bouncing bettys are again good tactical defensive measures again used for catching idiots that play the game like its quake or something.

And worst of all you RUN ALL THE TIME !! is there anything worse than someone that runs around all the time just doing circles of the maps and just because they have spent 40 days and looked on websites to find out tips they think they are great.

You are sir what is wrong with COD all i want for COD6 is that it will punish players like you and promote people using their brains to play rather than running around trying to get kill streaks as if that even matters. If COD worked like a real war even just a tiny bit the guys running and jumping everywhere would have their heads blown off in the first 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I have no patience for CODivas sulking because people won't play to suit them.

I have no patience for CODivas sulking because people won't play to suit them.

Next they'll be complaining that people won't stop moving and stand still when they have their perfect head shots lined up and have the audacity to shoot back at them. :P

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Next they'll be complaining that people won't stop moving and stand still when they have their perfect head shots lined up and have the audacity to shoot back at them. :P

Ruining their killstreak.:rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

That's the whole point of the perk, to be annoying, to get a little bit of revenge on whoever killed you in the most annoying way possible, also ruining their kill streak so they don't get to call in an airstrike r a helicopter any time soon. This is turning into a "Why won't the game just let me win in the easiest way possible?!?" thread.

EDIT: I also imagine every 'competent' player learned to avoid it after getting caught by it the first few times.

is this a joke?

is this a joke?

Parts of it yeah. But that is the whole point of the perk. Is to get revenge in a cheap way. Complaining about it, is almost like complaining that the other players have bullets in their guns. It's so simple to avoid, after you kill someone, just wait 2 seconds before you run over them. I know standing still for more than a second probably goes against your whole philosophy on how to play COD, but you're basically complaining that people aren't making the game easy enough for you to be 'awesome' at.

I don't use the perk myself, but I've no problem with people that do, because as I said, unless you're running around like a headless chicken, it's easy to avoid and only very rarely to you get caught by it unless you're not paying enough attention, in which case you deserve it. It's an important perk tactically too in a zones or capture a flag match if you're the last defender and get taken out, there's still a chance you won't lose the zone or flag, and as I said earlier, it can knock out someone's kill streak preventing airstrikes etc. which, again, you know is important tactically. Unfortunately a side-effect of that is, it makes you feel slightly less 'awesome'. I can live with that.

If you can't get around perks, or play in a way that counter-acts their effects, then you're not playing properly, no matter what your K/D ratio is.

That post deserves to be thanked so hard it makes an audible thud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Juggernaut is a defensive perk. If people are getting annoyed because someone doesn't use an offensive perk, he's playing the game wrong.

Personally I only use juggernaut for my shotgun class, when I'm not using overkill on that class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

As people have already said it's a perk not a cheat, everybody is free to wear it(when it's unlocked)I know it can be annoying but its part of the game.

• Advertisement

Parts of it yeah. But that is the whole point of the perk. Is to get revenge in a cheap way. Complaining about it, is almost like complaining that the other players have bullets in their guns. It's so simple to avoid, after you kill someone, just wait 2 seconds before you run over them. I know standing still for more than a second probably goes against your whole philosophy on how to play COD, but you're basically complaining that people aren't making the game easy enough for you to be 'awesome' at.

I don't use the perk myself, but I've no problem with people that do, because as I said, unless you're running around like a headless chicken, it's easy to avoid and only very rarely to you get caught by it unless you're not paying enough attention, in which case you deserve it. It's an important perk tactically too in a zones or capture a flag match if you're the last defender and get taken out, there's still a chance you won't lose the zone or flag, and as I said earlier, it can knock out someone's kill streak preventing airstrikes etc. which, again, you know is important tactically. Unfortunately a side-effect of that is, it makes you feel slightly less 'awesome'. I can live with that.

If you can't get around perks, or play in a way that counter-acts their effects, then you're not playing properly, no matter what your K/D ratio is.

I'm not sure you understand that martydom is merely a One kill for One kill perk. totally pointless .... (whereas other perks in that class will increase your KDR greatly)
    Of course if you make ,for example, a 20 kill streak (helicopter on standby) you dont call in a helicopter until you die (simple basic COD tactics). Therefore how is excluding martydom making the game easier?..If you have a 20 kill streak going you will inverably have avoided many martydom bombs (as its a noob perk and noobs will be your primary prey) but many times you get cornered/ die from other peoples kills, whatever.

on another note I have no problem with juggernaut, claymores, noobtubes, camping etc......
    Martydom is complete BS end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I personally have no problem with martyrdom, just with the people who
    mis pronounce it and call it martydom. Really pisses me off. Great when you're LANning on the PC and they call it martydom, or even Marty, and you have like 10 people pointing out it's called martyrdom. Epic lulz

np gigggly thanks for pointing out my missplelllling

I'm not sure you understand that martydom is merely a One kill for One kill perk.

No, actually, I did primary school math. Did you not even bother reading what I said about capture the flag, no of course not, because then you'd have to concede that it does have a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Well dont know if any one has made this point already sorry if they did!

But the main reason for you unloading a clip or multiple shots into a opponent and they dont die!

Would be your sh1tty internet connection (and mine :D)
    the problem is lag
    sometimes your just shooting where the person was half a second ago
    not right now
    which is a pain in the ass and makes headshots damn hard.

God I love irelands brillent broadband connections sure it really increases the challange of the game you have to learn how to see into the future:P

any way juggernaught only gives you a +1 ie. able to survive one more shot and stopping equelises it as it means one less shot needed

as for martyrdom is you cant avoid those grenades go buy a ds might be easier for yeah;)

Secoundrow wrote: »
    as for martyrdom is you cant avoid those grenades go buy a ds might be easier for yeah;)

''..If you have a 20 kill streak going you will inverably have avoided MANY martydom bombs but many times you get cornered/ die from other peoples kills, whatever.'' I should of added not on large open maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Its a fack jacket or body armour !! its an actual thing soldiers use in real warfare to give them extra protection.

Yes but if everyone is saying that it is a game of "skill" how is extra protection "Juggernaut" being skill full?

Yes but if everyone is saying that it is a game of "skill" how is extra protection "Juggernaut" being skill full?

skillful is the word your looking for, that sentence confused the hell out of me the first time I read it. How are any of the perks being skillful then? If a perk required you to more skillful to use it, how in the hell would it be classed as a perk? Following your logic, they should get rid of every perk, oh and also all the extra gun types that are better than the other guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

skillful is the word your looking for

Sorry I wrote that post in a hurry I wasn't paying attention to spelling :D. I agree with your ideas on the perks, because when you first start you have weak guns and no perks until you are on the level that you can create a class. The only skill in the game is mastering the single shot/sniper weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Using it when it will provide a better result than any of the other perks. All of the perks help in some way, you have to pick the ones that best suit the situation and yield the most kills/points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Some people would think not dying is a skill in itself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Some people would think not dying is a skill in itself.

For me not so much a skill as an ambition.......:(

Advertisement