Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who wear juggernaut in Call of Duty

Options
  • 02-07-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thought I would start this thread because I know I am not the only one who gives out about all those fu***rs who have Juggernaut on in games. I would like to hear all bad stories such as "ah I shot him how was he able to turn around and shoot me!" or "come on I sniped that bas***d!!"

Can't wait to see what people have to say, so don't be shy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

If you can't beat them, join them. Its hardly some magical cheat. Everyone has the option of wearing it or not. No big deal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

if you cant kill someone thats using juggernaut your shyte at the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

It's a perk your allowed wear it stop b**ching seriously i mean if it was a mod then yeah it would be bad but your allowed it so wake up....use it......and rack up more kills for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Use the stopping power perk to balance it , simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, I find it really annoying having to listen to somebody whine about Juggernaut.

Like you say, it's an element of the gameplay. You have the option of either using it or having to deal with it, the choice is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

play hardcore
    softcore is for juggern00bs anyway
    full magazine to kill someone

more skill to try and keep yourself alive in hardcore modes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

BOBBY wrote: »
    play hardcore
    softcore is for juggern00bs anyway
    full magazine to kill someone

more skill to try and keep yourself alive in hardcore modes

How is it more skill to keep yourself alive if it takes a full magazine to kill you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

because hardcode mode means less bullets to kill someone..
    eg 2 shots from any handgun is death...
    of course if ye all got headshots juggernaut wouldn't be a problem :)

because hardcode mode means less bullets to kill someone..
    eg 2 shots from any handgun is death...
    of course if ye all got headshots juggernaut wouldn't be a problem :)

Yeah that's what I thought, but he contradicted himself. He said it takes a full magazine to kill someone. Ah wait unless he was talking about regular mode. Whatever way he phrased it made it sound like he meant hardcore mode. It's too early in the morning to be expecting me to think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I was going to write a long reply about how its lag and nothing to do with juggernaught when it takes a clip to kill someone or they can turn around and shoot you but then you wrote NOOB !!! and i realised its not worth talking to under 10's.

Bet when someone is trying to shoot you, you jump as well ?? dont you ?? yea of course you do and run in a circle..... yea .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Juggernaut isn't a problem, i use stopping power(unless I'm doing S&D).

It's these damn drop shotter fags that pi$$ me off, more and more of them pop up every feckin day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

"drop shotter"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Perks are alright, the one that lets you shoot through walls is an absolute cop outthe worst thing is where the game will spawn you on top of an enemy or in the middle of an airstrike!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

nedd wrote: »
    "drop shotter"?

The guy in the video jumps and drops, but you get the idea. What he does aint as hard to stop, but when you run around a corner and a guy just drops to the floor with an M16 or a AK74 it's the most annoying thing ever.

Thats what im talking about too, i keep trying to tell my mates that playing like that is stupid i like to play with a bit of realisim by using cover etc other wise i cant see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Thats what im talking about too, i keep trying to tell my mates that playing like that is stupid i like to play with a bit of realisim by using cover etc other wise i cant see the point.

+1

If you want realism get Socom. Respawns set as default are turned off, and no blips on map or marks on enemy players to help spot them.

If you want realism get Socom. Respawns set as default are turned off, and no blips on map or marks on enemy players to help spot them.

I play that too but sometimes that can go too far the other way. Operation flashpoint is what im waiting for think it will be brilliant.

I think games need to look at this since COD4 is about being realistic just running in circles jumping up and down throwing random grenades over walls is pretty much the easiest way to get shot in a real war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Hi All,

Thought I would start this thread because I know I am not the only one who gives out about all those fu***rs who have Juggernaut on in games. I would like to hear all bad stories such as "ah I shot him how was he able to turn around and shoot me!" or "come on I sniped that bas***d!!"

Can't wait to see what people have to say, so don't be shy.

Not many people use Juggernaut tbh cos its a sh*t perk. It can be annoying for snipers but I hate snipers so doesnt bother me:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I'm not b****ing about it I just think what's the point in having it, if it is a game of "skill" how so when you can have extra health? That's not skill at all!

• Advertisement

Because the other players have to have the skills to compensate.

I'm not b****ing about it I just think what's the point in having it, if it is a game of "skill" how so when you can have extra health? That's not skill at all!

Its a fack jacket or body armour !! its an actual thing soldiers use in real warfare to give them extra protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

You can use the stopping power perk which gives you extra damage and balances it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Oatesy23 wrote: »

The guy in the video jumps and drops, but you get the idea. What he does aint as hard to stop, but when you run around a corner and a guy just drops to the floor with an M16 or a AK74 it's the most annoying thing ever.

Ugh, it's like dolphin diving in BF2 all over again :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

I am a high ranking player. I'm not a boasting ****er but I am in the top 8% on COD WAW mainly in Free For All cos I am **** at all the other playlists. The only reason I say this is because I believe I have a enough experience with frustrating COD moments to comment something constructive. I think some perks are annoying in Free For All.

Bouncing Betty or any kind of trip device I hate, known in the community as 'A kill with no skill!' or 'Birthday surprise', looks like a birthday cake when they run around with it, killing you when they plant it. Juggernaut can be extremely frustrating when it comes to one of them fast one on one moments. It's frustrating when you have a 26 kill streak but the guy who manages to kill you is the guy using Juggernaut. The way to balance the act is to use Stopping Power. This will stop him loading bullets into you as long as yours are hitting him.

Bomb squad will allow you to find Bouncing Betty's, useful as the culprit is always around his devices. Easy Kill. It is important to get out of game you know you are going to loose because of connection issues. Dont be chavvy about it, but you know when your ping is causing issues in the outcome of your game. I can kill the best of them, but if I dont have a fast connection, the worst are the hardest. You will find that Americans are always really good, yes, because they have the advantage. This is a problem on the PSN network, there should be a way of finding global areas. I dont want to play Americans they always have theconnection advantage, even if they are rubbish!

Always run. Players who run a lot make the most kills. Always run towards hotspots/kill zones reloading before you get there, find them in Barracks on the COD website. After 3 kills you gain radar. This is the most important skill of the game. It allows you to see the enemy!

Aim your throwables at 'home owners'. The guys that keep using them same buildings over and over to camp.

Always tap tap the trigger, holding trigger causes less control.

My perk choices are:

Sticky Grenades. Put it where you want it, can stick to players, hugh blast area.

Gas, good for throwing over long distances with enemy in view. Can kill on direct hit to the head. Rare though!

Stopping Power, counteracts Juggernaut. Increases amount of damage each bullet does.

Bomb Squad, Good for locating campers (bad at game, scared of you, but love it, want high ratio)

Steady Aim, allows you to kill when running against someone but don't have time to aim, hugh body spinning advantage when passing players. Increases accuracy when firing from the hip.

Dead Silence! Reduces amount of noise player makes. Great for entering 'Home Owners Houses. I use Sennheiser cans, amazing what you can hear and act on it.

Finally. Always have bluetooth headset ready to let dickheads know the score, slagging players for using perks that you don't like destroys their game. Responding to abuse when they thought you were not using a headset murders their game. Yes, it is a game, beat them! Dying after you have gained Dogs/Helicopter is a massive advantage as they help gain new kill streak awards.

MP4, Dual Barrel.

Add me in psn DHFrame

DHFrame wrote: »
    Finally. Always have bluetooth headset ready to let dickheads know the score, slagging players for using perks that you don't like destroys their game.

No, it destroys the game.

Perks are perks. You make your own choices about which ones you live with or live without.

I'll take a million juggernauting, mine-laying, bunnyhopping campers laden down with doubletapping noobtoobs over a single whiny headset bitch trying to lay on ridiculous trash-talk over losing their bajillion kill-streak.

It's a game, like you say, but that doesn't mean you have to be childish about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Part of the game,people can play it whatever way they want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

No, it destroys the game.

Perks are perks. You make your own choices about which ones you live with or live without.

I'll take a million juggernauting, mine-laying, bunnyhopping campers laden down with doubletapping noobtoobs over a single whiny headset bitch trying to lay on ridiculous trash-talk over losing their bajillion kill-streak.

It's a game, like you say, but that doesn't mean you have to be childish about it..

Headset bitch? Thats not childish is it. Cant you just mute what you dont want to listen to?

DHFrame wrote: »
    Bouncing Betty or any kind of trip device I hate, known in the community as 'A kill with no skill!' or 'Birthday surprise', looks like a birthday cake when they run around with it, killing you when they plant it.

I don't play free-for-all, but the bouncing betty's are pretty important tactically in all the other modes. It's not a 'kill with no skill', placing it in a tactical position where it's going to be most effective is a skill in itself as it's easy enough to end up placing one in a spot no one goes near. They're easy enough to spot and eliminate, it's only people who run in blindly and all gung-ho that seem to get taken out by them, which I imagine is a fairly accurate representation of what would happen in a real battle.

I don't know about free-for-all though, I can't imagine they'd be that useful in that, it's my least favourite mode in COD, very rarely play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

i always thought a bouncing betty was the martydom ''perk''...aka the gayest of all perks.
    Oh god I do hate that perk, so many times it has f'd up a big kill streak for me and I suspect every other competent player feels the same.

please please Infinity Ward exclude that from COD MW2.

that is all.

Advertisement