Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL - DNS Lookups Slow

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nice to see eircom have the situation in hand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, problems here as well. Switched again to OpenDns. All ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I never left openDNS so I didn't realise there was an issue :)

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this may be a legitimate attack in protest against their piratebay stance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this may be a legitimate attack in protest against their piratebay stance!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Was very slow all evening, had to reload each page 3-4 times to get the connection.

Switched to opendns and working fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Yep, problems here as well. Switched again to OpenDns. All ok now.

I'm now using OpenDNS for the first time.

(Perhaps I should ask Eircom to refund whatever they are charging me to provide DNS services? :) )

Is OpenDNS just "better" than Eircom or should I switch back to the EircomDNS at a later date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

:( Tonight is really slow with me too, I keep getting error messages and pages not loading. I switched to OpenDNS two weeks ago but haven't noticed any real improvement. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dkmedia

Exactly what I was thinking :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

daft!

Farcear wrote: »
    (Perhaps I should ask Eircom to refund whatever they are charging me to provide DNS services? :) )

quote]

Daft again!

• Advertisement

Is OpenDNS just "better" than Eircom or should I switch back to the EircomDNS at a later date?
    Stick with whichever you want. Neither is much different to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Cionád wrote: »
    Was very slow all evening, had to reload each page 3-4 times to get the connection.

Switched to opendns and working fine now.

Had the same problem, took about 4-5 times to load each page
    seems to be a bit better this morning although still slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

kind of nuts that the ad at the bottom is advertising how great eircom is, and were all rubbishing it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

rameire wrote: »
    kind of nuts that the ad at the bottom is advertising how great eircom is, and were all rubbishing it.

Haha just noticed that :)

Eircom is annoying the hell out of me.

Wish Smart Telecoms non contended broadband was available for me.

Had Smart for 5 years and no problems.

I have Eircom for one month and have a problem every second day :(

I think a lot of it is down to the crappy contention. I pay for a 7Mb service. I think I should get it and not have to share it with 20+ other users.

Has there any legal aspect to selling a product that can't perform anywhere near maximum because it's being shared?

The product should clearly state you are buying one twentieth of a 7Mb connection.

koHd wrote: »
    I pay for a 7Mb service. I think I should get it and not have to share it with 20+ other users.

Sorry, but this has been done to death here before. You're paying for "up to 7Mb".

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Has there any legal aspect to selling a product that can't perform anywhere near maximum because it's being shared?

I believe it's in the Terms and Conditions somewhere that "Eircom doesn't guarantee any level of service" or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I believe it's in the Terms and Conditions somewhere that "Eircom doesn't guarantee any level of service" or something to that effect.

Hahaha

Can you imagine a car mechanic with that one?

"I'm sorry sir, I know I promised your car would be as good as new after two weeks work and E3,000 charge. But I think you'll find in our terms and conditions, we actually don't guarantee ANY level of service. Sometimes I just like to drink tea and not work at all. Unfortunately for you, this happened a lot in the last two weeks.

"But on the bright side, I used most of your money to pay for my upcoming holiday to Miami. So at least it's not going to waste ya know."

Hahaha

Can you imagine a car mechanic with that one?

"I'm sorry sir, I know I promised your car would be as good as new after two weeks work and E3,000 charge. But I think you'll find in our terms and conditions, we actually don't guarantee ANY level of service. Sometimes I just like to drink tea and not work at all. Unfortunately for you, this happened a lot in the last two weeks.

"But on the bright side, I used most of your money to pay for my upcoming holiday to Miami. So at least it's not going to waste ya know."

What a PATHETIC arguement!

Yeah kohd, you're paying for 'up to' 7 mb (so at 6pm its 500k if you're lucky), there was a big thing about it a while ago in england as well, it really is bad that the countrys biggest phone/broadband company isnt secure/isnt fast, people are copping on, dont worry i'm sure a few of the governments friends are eircom shareholders, any time now fianna fail will buy up all there bad servers & cables (above cost) with tax payers money and then eircom 'might' upgrade the system.

It will be known as NBMA (National Broadband Mismanagement Agency) :)

P.S.

Fuzzy Clam do you work for Eircom ? just here checking the ads are ok on the page ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I have given up and gone to BT.

Increased speed to 7.6m and its still cheaper than Eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

talk about the ****tiest service of broadband,
    and they will prob come out and say oh its only our third outage in the last year, its not that bad.
    ffs its like once a fuppin week.
    i hate you eircon

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Crazypaddy

"LIVE A RICHER LIFE" by not getting ripped off by Eicoms crappy DNS (Chorus Magnet digiweb NTL BT here we come #eircomfail #eircom #fail

And then we will bully them into proper rates for the slow speeds they offer us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

And this is the fifth thread. Here is the only place for the current eircom problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement