Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOP THE WEDDING!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

Jenroche wrote: »
    I was at a wedding years back where the groom's phone rang halfway through the ceremony too. It was his bed-bound granny ringing to know if he was married yet. He replied "No, not yet. I'll ring you back when I am." Lol! :D

Jen ;->

Quality!!

I would love to actually witness something like this myself...The only weddings i've ever been to are normal saps who love each other and stuff.

Damn.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I did up until I was about 14. Then they stopped. Maybe I'm free to get married now!
    Thats what she wanted you to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm getting married in a couple of months.

One of my mates has told me that he's going to start a coughing fit when the question is asked.

I told him he'd be knocked te-fuck out if he even tried.

I don't think he'll be doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

My wife who sings at weddings almost seen it happen.

In a nutshell, the bride and groom loved each other very much. But the bride had for many years been pursued by someone she knew from school.

The back story was that he was convinced she actually loved him and not her husband to be, even going so far as sending her flowers and challenging her fiancée. In reality she hated him from day one and was considering going for a restraining order because he was clearly a bit mad.

On the day of the wedding he turned up at the church, very drunk, in a morning suit with a wedding ring. Forunately various family members prevented him from actually entering the church. The police were called and he was taken away. Rumour has it that he 'fell down some steps'. Most people didn't even know it had happened until afterwards.

She has also seen brides and grooms freaking out and having to be coaxed back in to complete the ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

fippy wrote: »
    I was watching that film "Made of Honour" last night

Hahahahahaahaahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't read any further. Hahaahahaaaaaaaaa!!! You watched Made of Honour????

HAHHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

connundrum wrote: »
    One of my mates has told me that he's going to start a coughing fit when the question is asked.

You know they don't actually ask the "lawful impediment" question, right?

grundie wrote: »
    My wife who sings at weddings almost seen it happen.

In a nutshell, the bride and groom loved each other very much. But the bride had for many years been pursued by someone she knew from school.

The back story was that he was convinced she actually loved him and not her husband to be, even going so far as sending her flowers and challenging her fiancée. In reality she hated him from day one and was considering going for a restraining order because he was clearly a bit mad.

On the day of the wedding he turned up at the church, very drunk, in a morning suit with a wedding ring. Forunately various family members prevented him from actually entering the church. The police were called and he was taken away. Rumour has it that he 'fell down some steps'. Most people didn't even know it had happened until afterwards.

She has also seen brides and grooms freaking out and having to be coaxed back in to complete the ceremony.

You should write in to this guy with that story:

http://psychoticlettersfrommen.blogspot.com/

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hahahahahaahaahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't read any further. Hahaahahaaaaaaaaa!!! You watched Made of Honour????

HAHHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Watched it with the girlfriend...

i hardly wanted to watch it myself.

:o

fippy wrote: »
    Watched it with the girlfriend...

i hardly wanted to watch it myself.

:o

Yeah Sure.

"girl"friend.

Sure.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

At my brothers wedding my other brother put a sticker saying ''HELP'' on the soles of one of his feet, so that when he was kneeling down and actually saying the vows everyone in the congregation could see it. Don't think my sister-in-law was too happy with the frequent presence of that little sticker in her wedding album and video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Dinter wrote: »
    In these recessionary times a free dinner is not to be sneered at.

Ah but that's the thing - it's NOT free! You have to put in at least 50 quid into a card, so that's how much your dinner is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Did he play the dramatic "don don dooooon" music when she said the wedding was off?;):D:pac:

That's exactly what I was thinking - perfect opportunity for the Dramatic Look Hamster music.

eoin wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was thinking - perfect opportunity for the Dramatic Look Hamster music.

Perfect opportunity indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ah but that's the thing - it's NOT free! You have to put in at least 50 quid into a card, so that's how much your dinner is :)

Not to mention the outfit if you buy a new one and all that. And travel. A very hasslesome dinner if you ask me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'll marry you. On the condition Ryan Phillipe can come in before the vows and "ruin" things! :pac:

Okay. :)
    Thats what she wanted you to think.

(Shut up dude, I'm totally gonna score with this pikachucheeks chick...)

Okay. :)

(Shut up dude, I'm totally gonna score with this pikachucheeks chick...)

It sounds to me like its on the cards!!!

patrick dempsey will break up the wedding though...she'll kiss him and the credits will roll.

Typical.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Story of my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

:pac: Way to go ruining the film dickhead...

In fairness ,anyone could predict how 'Made of Honor' would end by watching half the trailer! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 annelouise

i dont know if its cause i am planning a wedding myself but when he jumped in and they didnt get married the first thing i thought was they wont get any of thier deposits back. What a waste of money. So romantic i know.

annelouise wrote: »
    i dont know if its cause i am planning a wedding myself but when he jumped in and they didnt get married the first thing i thought was they wont get any of thier deposits back. What a waste of money. So romantic i know.

LOL!!!

Brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement