Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOP THE WEDDING!!!

Options
  • 01-07-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I was watching that film "Made of Honour" last night with patrick dempsey and at the end he bursts into the church and tells her he loves her in front of the whole crowd.

I know this is a usual movie occurance but has anyone ever witnessed anything like this in real life???

If so please explain what happened because i think it would be brilliant :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No.

It only happens on the telly, friend.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You knowwhen you see in movies etc where the priest says "If anyone knows a reason these peopel should not get marries please say so now...." They do this at the rehersal now apparantly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I did it before. I went running in and bellowed out my feelings. Then I sauntered off and left her to do the explaining.

That'll teach her to only invite me to the afters.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

fippy wrote: »
    I was watching that film "Made of Honour" last night with patrick dempsey and at the end he bursts into the church and tells her he loves her in front of the whole crowd.

I know this is a usual movie occurance but has anyone ever witnessed anything like this in real life???

:pac: Way to go ruining the film dickhead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

When I was ten, a girl in my class threatened me by saying that she was going to do that at my wedding. I can't remember what I did to piss her off but it must've been something pretty serious if it meant holding out a 20+ year-long grudge. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

When I was ten, a girl in my class threatened me by saying that she was going to do that at my wedding. I can't remember what I did to piss her off but it must've been something pretty serious if it meant holding out a 20+ year-long grudge. Ah well.
    You obviously took her milk at lunch-time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

:pac: Way to go ruining the film dickhead...
    Isn't this how every single oestrofest film involving a wedding ends?

Actually it's a bit stalkerish that she's going to hold a twenty year crush on you.

Get many heavy breathing phone calls?

Dinter wrote: »
    Actually it's a bit stalkerish that she's going to hold a twenty year crush on you.

Get many heavy breathing phone calls?

I did up until I was about 14. Then they stopped. Maybe I'm free to get married now!

I did up until I was about 14. Then they stopped. Maybe I'm free to get married now!

That's women for you. No stamina for the chase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I did it before. I went running in and bellowed out my feelings. Then I sauntered off and left her to do the explaining.

Who wants to go to the other bit? Its all a load of gack anyway.

That's women for you. No stamina for the chase.

Actually, I would've been around 16. Still not that impressive though...

Abigayle wrote: »
    Who wants to go to the other bit? Its all a load of gack anyway.

In these recessionary times a free dinner is not to be sneered at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

DubMedic wrote: »
    You obviously took her milk at lunch-time.

"Taking milk"? Is that what you kids call it these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I did it once. Turned out to be the wrong wedding.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

HAHA! Great idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You'd make a beautiful bride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

they don't say it at catholic weddings, os so my priest told me before my wedding..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'll marry you. On the condition Ryan Phillipe can come in before the vows and "ruin" things! :pac:
    In these recessionary times a free dinner is not to be sneered at.

... Even if the food is salted cardboard and mushy processed peas! Mmm hotel food!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,302 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I once came between the bride and groom, but only alphabethically. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"If anyone knows any reason these two should be held in holy matrimony, please speak now, or forever hold your peace"

"Da dadada HEY, dadada. Da dadada HEY! dada"

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I play music at wedding ceremonies so always pray for some sort of drama. The best story I heard comes from an organist who told us about a weeding that happened a few years ago where the bride walked in to a packed church and asked the priest to hold on a second as she had something to say.

She turned to the audience and said "The wedding is called off" cue some gasps and some laughs. But then it got very serious, the bride pointed to one of the bridesmaids and said "she knows why" and turned back to the groom and said "and so does this fúcker". She then went into details about what had happened at his stag party where apparently he had slept with one of the bridesmaids. She then went on to say, the hotel and reception is payed for so lets all go for a party. Then turns to the redfaced groom and the sobbing bridesmaid and said "everyone invited; except you two". Then walked out. To some rapturous applause.

According to the organist its the only gig he played that he was okay with not getting paid for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

puh-lease, thats not how its done.... this is!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I play music at wedding ceremonies so always pray for some sort of drama. The best story I heard comes from an organist who told us about a weeding that happened a few years ago where the bride walked in to a packed church and asked the priest to hold on a second as she had something to say.

She turned to the audience and said "The wedding is called off" cue some gasps and some laughs. But then it got very serious, the bride pointed to one of the bridesmaids and said "she knows why" and turned back to the groom and said "and so does this fúcker". She then went into details about what had happened at his stag party where apparently he had slept with one of the bridesmaids. She then went on to say, the hotel and reception is payed for so lets all go for a party. Then turns to the redfaced groom and the sobbing bridesmaid and said "everyone invited; except you two". Then walked out. To some rapturous applause.

According to the organist its the only gig he played that he was okay with not getting paid for.

Did he play the dramatic "don don dooooon" music when she said the wedding was off?;):D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Thats a ****e movie and all.

Patrick Demphsey goes off and lives like a big slut for twenty-five years. He then proceeds to realise, only when his best-friend is getting married that he is in love with her. Then he goes and ruins her wedding because of it. Selfish arsehole.

And she falls for him, despite him acting the bollocks for so long, why ? Because her boyfriend refuses to share his chocolate cheesecake. I mean, in all seriousness, who the feck would share chocolate cheescake ? Thats like the king of cake right there, only beaten by, maybe, a good banoffi pie, but thats beside the point.

****e movie. Hated the ending. The prick got the girl and we're meant to be happy. Hope she has an STD.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

When my sister was getting married i was standing beside the groom and he forgot to turn off his phone and it rang. It was some lad looking to hire a digger, he just said 'Ring me back later i'm getting married' and hung up. Feckin hilarious it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I was at a wedding years back where the groom's phone rang halfway through the ceremony too. It was his bed-bound granny ringing to know if he was married yet. He replied "No, not yet. I'll ring you back when I am." Lol! :D

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The best story I heard comes from an organist who told us about a weeding

"What is a wedding? websters dictionary difine it as the removing of weeds from ones garden"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

'Legend' as in 'urban legend'

Advertisement