Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Speaking of friendly celebrities - I once scored with a member from Bellefire. :D

But we're not speaking about friendly celebrities, in face we're talking about the complete opposite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

lockie1983 wrote: »
    But we're not speaking about friendly celebrities, in face we're talking about the complete opposite!!!

Oh he just had to get it out there. Namedropping scallywag :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

yupyup7up wrote: »
    Don't Ive ever met someone famous who was a pr1ck!

Jerry Flannery, Mike Prendergast, Keith earls, Rob Kearney were all sound out! and that was on nights out too.

I met Kerry King from Slayer before and he was sound out!
    One of the soundest famous people I met was probably Corey Taylor from Slipknot/Stone Sour fame. was just laughing and joking about! great laugh!

Brendan Grace is sound too.:D

I must commend you for getting Corey Taylor and Brendan Grace into the same post, most impressively odd! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

Dirty sanchez,i bumped into him in spain,he is crazy!! i no plenty of lads local like him:D

:D

I agree, he is a real wanker!!

Nononsense, please do not post numerous consecutive posts. If you want to up your post count, this is not the way to go about it.
    Xzanti

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Speaking of friendly celebrities - I once scored with a member from Bellefire. :D

Big swing..i scored Wendy James out of Transvision Vamp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Degsy wrote: »
    Big swing..i scored Wendy James out of Transvision Vamp!

I dont care ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Have meet a fair few celebs over the years though work & other things, the rudest person I have ever met was Brian Cowen. Was walking past me towards his car & I said hello, he stopped dead & looked at me as if I had just spat at him!!! He just grunted at me & got into his car :(

Guess a big factor to this is where you meet them, if they are out relaxing you can kind of understand them being grumpy but when you meet them at their work, eg Sports people at sporting events or celebs at events like launches & book signings, its very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Gary Neville, the utter ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

A couple of the rudest people I have met - as metioned numerous times above Kian Egan, he was attending a wedding I was at and so was so rude to the hotel staff, the kids there who weren't really bothering him at all.

Brian O'Driscoll who at at same hotel we has a Christmas party at and he nearly knocked down a couple of people marching out of hotel without apologising and ignored anyone who said hi or looked in his direction.

One of the nicest celeb's I have met is Joshua Jackson who I met in Dublin a couple times as his mum is from Ireland apparently. Met him once in BT where he kindly held a lift door open for me until I got there and second around Trinity college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TreyC

Shane Lynch: sound, met him in the airport and signed my boarding pass and chatted for a few minutes. Huge Boyzone fan when I was a kid so really glad he was sound!
    Mundy: Lovely fella, I asked if I could sing ´Love and Confusion´with him at his gig and as soon as the chords started he pulled me up onstage with him!
    Brian Dowling: sound
    Mary McAleese: lovely lady, held the door open for her at a visit to our school when I was a kid. The commissioner wanted her to keep walking but she stopped and said thanks and insisted that my dad get a photo of us!
    Eddie Hobbs and Ray DÀrcy-met both of them at a charity do, both very short but really really nice!
    Packie Bonner-met him in Glasgow airport, ´Howsa goin`Packie`, sound man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Suggest changing the title of this thread to 'tell us about the loveliest celeb you have ever met...and tell us what made them so lovely'.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

I met that one Elaine Crowley (WHO?) from TV3 last weekend out in dublin, she was with a friend of mine

turned her nose up in the air when introduced to me and walked off

i've never met someone so ignorant. so enraged that i feel like writing an email to TV3. i mean, who does she think she is? she reads the bleedin NEWs on TV3??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    I met that one Elaine Crowley (WHO?) from TV3 last weekend out in dublin, she was with a friend of mine

turned her nose up in the air when introduced to me and walked off

i've never met someone so ignorant. so enraged that i feel like writing an email to TV3. i mean, who does she think she is? she reads the bleedin NEWs on TV3??

Don't take it personally, the majority of the TV3 gang are idiots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

One of the nicest celeb's I have met is Joshua Jackson who I met in Dublin a couple times as his mum is from Ireland apparently. Met him once in BT where he kindly held a lift door open for me until I got there and second around Trinity college.

I always thought he came across as a really nice down to earth fella - happy to see that he seems that way! Not to mention being EXTREMELY hot!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

A good few,and I mean a GOOD few years ago when I was youngster,me and a pal were going through a phase of autograph hunting,pretty lame I know,but what can you do.

Richard Whiteley,the bloke who used to present Countdown,was doing a personal appearance in a shopping centre,so we went down to get his scrawl.
    He was acting the billy big bollix,so we decided to wind him up,and stood at the side of him going Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd, Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd,over and over again until he snapped and told us to f*ck off,RESULT.

So,after that,we decided to make a change in our approach,instead of getting their autograph,we wanted to wind em up so they told to f*ck off as well,our list includes

Jon Pertwee,(who was dressed as Wurzel Gummidge at the time)
    Tight Fit,the bunch of ****e who sang "The Lion Sleeos Tonite)
    Windsor Davies and Don Estelle from It Ain't Half Mum.

I know that most people won't even know who these are,but we had a ball winding them up.

My best story though is, a few years I was over in Leeds,visiting a pal,and we were out having a few scoops.
    We were in this late bar,and the two lads that play Sam Dingle,and Zak Dingle in Emmerdale,were sat at the next table to us,and they were locked,I mean they were hammered,and the Sam one was giving out about another actor on Emmerdale,not sure who,I missed the start,but he was going mental.

He saying stuff like "If he keeps it up next time we're filming,I'm gonna f*cking kill him,he's really pissing me off."
    "Who does he think he is,I'm a bigger star than he is"

He was going on for ages,when Zak uttered the immortal line,

"Leave him,he's not worth it.":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Dub Ste wrote: »
    A good few,and I mean a GOOD few years ago when I was youngster,me and a pal were going through a phase of autograph hunting,pretty lame I know,but what can you do.

Richard Whiteley,the bloke who used to present Countdown,was doing a personal appearance in a shopping centre,so we went down to get his scrawl.
    He was acting the billy big bollix,so we decided to wind him up,and stood at the side of him going Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd, Riiiiccchaaaaaarrrdddd,over and over again until he snapped and told us to f*ck off,RESULT.

So,after that,we decided to make a change in our approach,instead of getting their autograph,we wanted to wind em up so they told to f*ck off as well,our list includes

Jon Pertwee,(who was dressed as Wurzel Gummidge at the time)
    Tight Fit,the bunch of ****e who sang "The Lion Sleeos Tonite)
    Windsor Davies and Don Estelle from It Ain't Half Mum.

I know that most people won't even know who these are,but we had a ball winding them up.

My best story though is, a few years I was over in Leeds,visiting a pal,and we were out having a few scoops.
    We were in this late bar,and the two lads that play Sam Dingle,and Zak Dingle in Emmerdale,were sat at the next table to us,and they were locked,I mean they were hammered,and the Sam one was giving out about another actor on Emmerdale,not sure who,I missed the start,but he was going mental.

He saying stuff like "If he keeps it up next time we're filming,I'm gonna f*cking kill him,he's really pissing me off."
    "Who does he think he is,I'm a bigger star than he is"

He was going on for ages,when Zak uttered the immortal line,

"Leave him,he's not worth it.":D:D

Erm...this thread is about the rudest celebrities you've met, not about the rudest people that celebrities have met!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

gscully wrote: »
    Erm...this thread is about the rudest celebrities you've met, not about the rudest people that celebrities have met!

Erm......did you read all of it?????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Erm......did you read all of it?????:confused:

Yeah...your list includes four people or acts who you deliberately wound up just to get a fcuk-off, and two actors from Emmerdale who just happened to be near you.

What have I missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveydave25

met kerry king in burger king on o connell street few years ago, very quiet but signed autographs for everyone and posed for pictures. lead singer of chinera is a wanker, fieldy from korn was ok but had a big ego. brendan gleeson was sound. bang on. that tool brian ormaond stood beside me in a shop one day, he wears more fake tan than his girlfriend. glowed bright orange....

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Tom Hanks has to be the most Rude, obnoctious celebs I have met, just downright rude, who did he think he was talking too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I met Thom Yorke.He is a little cock eyed wanker.I met Paddy Casey too and he was a c*nt but I gave him a belt for it so that doesn't count.That was at the 99 MTV awards after show in Eamon Dorans if anyone wants to check.Little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

mayotom wrote: »
    Tom Hanks has to be the most Rude, obnoctious celebs I have met, just downright rude, who did he think he was talking too

Indeed, the nerve of that guy!! :mad:

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I met Thom Yorke.He is a little cock eyed wanker..

I think he has a reputation for being pretty charmless, and....

met kerry king in burger king on o connell street few years ago, .

..Envy!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

Met Calum Best in Lilly's one night, he was fairly nice, then a male friend of mine came over and said "how is Lyndsay" he was referring to Lyndsay Lohan who Calum had been spotted with a few weeks previous to this, Calum called bouncer and got my friend thrown out, to be fair he was very polite to my female friend and I, he even appologised for having to get him thrown out! I continued to enjoy the night!! It mustve been a touchy subject!!

Oh and I'm loving this topic!! Makes a really good read

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

miss-bored wrote: »
    Met Calum Best in Lilly's one night, he was fairly nice, then a male friend of mine came over and said "how is Lyndsay" he was referring to Lyndsay Lohan who Calum had been spotted with a few weeks previous to this, Calum called bouncer and got my friend thrown out, to be fair he was very polite to my female friend and I, he even appologised for having to get him thrown out! I continued to enjoy the night!! It mustve been a touchy subject!!

Oh and I'm loving this topic!! Makes a really good read

So he's a complete twat then? He was nice to the 2 females to try to get his hole and was a **** to the male friend as he was not interested in his particular hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

fullstop wrote: »
    So he's a complete twat then? He was nice to the 2 females to try to get his hole and was a **** to the male friend as he was not interested in his particular hole.

Sounds about right was just going to post the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 babs78

Not exactly a 'celeb', but Jerome Hughes from TV3. T*sspot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

The Milkybar kid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Brian Kerr was very rude to my sister a few years ago. She won VIP passes to a concert in Croke Park. She went over to him to ask him would he pose for a photo with her and he said to her really impatiently "I have to go take a piss !" and he stormed off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

babs78 wrote: »
    Not exactly a 'celeb', but Jerome Hughes from TV3. T*sspot.

+1000000000000000. Delighted when he got abused in the street.

Advertisement