Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finest Restaurant in Cork?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

we need a cork boards dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

if you want to get transported back to vintage 1970's dining in Cork then go to sunday carvery at the Sunset Ridge. I always have oxtail soup with copious amounts of bread, followed by the turkey and ham with lashings of poppies and gravy then a warm apple crumble and cream. All washed down with a pint of stout. If you're hungry then you're in luck ;)

bill comes to €25 inc. pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not complete without after-meal entertainment by:

joanna8-zzx_small.jpg

Or

dlxchamions.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

deRanged wrote: »
    we need a cork boards dinner!

Yeh? Good luck on tryin to organise that! You'd need the UN to get everyone to agree on which eaterie to go to! :D

FYI - The Silk Purse connection to Cafe Paradiso (hate the place), so far as I know is that the lady doing front of house in Silk Purse is the soon to be ex of the guy attempting to run Paradiso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Max001 wrote: »
    FYI - The Silk Purse connection to Cafe Paradiso (hate the place)
    Really? :)
    How come, if you don't mind me asking? I've only been there once mind, and I did think there was something fairly arsey and pretentious about it all right but that doesn't bother me once I'm with people I get on with - and I found the food just unbelievable. Staff were lovely too.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Really? :)
    How come, if you don't mind me asking? I've only been there once mind, and I did think there was something fairly arsey and pretentious about it all right but that doesn't bother me once I'm with people I get on with - and I found the food just unbelievable. Staff were lovely too.

Cafe Padadiso we're talking about yeh? See my review on tripadvisor....under Cork Blow-in. Says it all :cool:

I am gonna go back sometime soon to give it another try, but if its as bad as last time, everything'll be going back to the kitchen and I'll only pay for the bottled beverages this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daveybaa

I heard it's relocated but I've not been able to find it since. I fear the worst!

Definitely relocating, to a fantastic bigger premises. This restaurant is finally getting a premises which reflects the fabulous food!

Daveybaa wrote: »
    Definitely relocating, to a fantastic bigger premises.

turns out this is the Clarion!
    So, Augustines is now in the Clarion hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Don't like the sound of that... Kudos has always been a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

Where did you hear this? And are you serious?? :)

• Advertisement

Illkillya wrote: »
    Kudos has always been a disaster.

I wouldn't say it's that bad. I find it grand. nothing special, but ok.

I imagine that Augustine's will be totally separate though, or it just won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭jebusmusic

you are serious, http://www.clarionhotelcorkcity.com/eat-drink/augustines-restaurant/

thats amazing, was a great restaurant, but to go from 30 covers to possibly 140 or more will be interesting! Wonderr what the menu will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Went to the Silk Purse for the first time on Friday. Absolutely lovely place with a great buzz and personal touch. The food is spanish inspired. I had the squid with chili starter and it was just great. We had cake for desert, with a funny name with yoghurt not getting a foot in the door or something, it was just devine! I'm quite sure yoghurt didn't appear on the ingredient list ^^
    Booking essential, will go back for sure. Prices are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

morgana wrote: »
    Went to the Silk Purse for the first time on Friday. Absolutely lovely place with a great buzz and personal touch. The food is spanish inspired. I had the squid with chili starter and it was just great. We had cake for desert, with a funny name with yoghurt not getting a foot in the door or something, it was just devine! I'm quite sure yoghurt didn't appear on the ingredient list ^^
    Booking essential, will go back for sure. Prices are ok.

Sounds good, this will be visited soon:)

glanman wrote: »
    Sounds good, this will be visited soon:)

About bloody time Glanman ;) I've only been banging on about this place for months, that said, high time I was heading back that way too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 callum2971

I've been to most of them and have a waistline to prove it!! If you're a serious foodie then here's my top 5..
    1. Flemings - Yes, it's a little outside the city but it's worth it. Amazing food, unique setting, great service.
    2. Jacobs - Not as good as it used to be but better than most none the less.
    3. Augustine's - Really good and worth a visit.
    4. Les Gourmondaise - Excellent! Nice atmosphere, great wine list.
    5. Electric - not exactly fine dining but hard to beat for a good all round night out

Advertisement