Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed dating....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sparky wrote: »
    Yeah?
    What I do?

somehow, i knew this would happen.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

somehow, i knew this would happen.......

Well I for one am confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

OP, if you want to go to something soley for a laugh, why not go to a comedy show? Speed dating is for single people who want to meet other genuine single people. They don't want any messers who are there just for a laugh or are just going to support their single friends. If you genuinely want to meet a guy, then definitely do it, if not don't waste the guys' time. I've done it before and was really impressed, got a couple of dates out of it. Despite all the p*ss taking speed dating gets it remains a great way to meet people. I don't get why people refer to those who participate as saddos. IMO it's much more sad to be wasting your time trying to meet random people in loud crappy nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nallandnanyways

No we are really just thinking of going for something different and to have fun!

I know... didnt mean that post to sound so... arsey :o:P

Of course it should be fun.. a) approaching it with too-high expectations is ne-he-ver gonna work (Hi, Im Mary, I like holding hands, walks on the beach and do you think we should do the living room in Crushed Magnolia? :P) and b) if you (one) didnt approach this kinda thing with an air of light-hearted fun, well, it might explain why youre (one is) single in the first place.

Anyway, the point is, of course its fun, but so might pilates, pot-holing or paint-balling.. the fact is, youre going cos youre single a while after a long enough relationship and youd be happy to meet a new beau. Nothing wrong with saying so, is all
    Maybe you should try it!
    Maybe I will ;)
    project much, sparky?
    Tumbleweed much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

I dont see the problem in going if its just for a bit of fun!!Ive never gone but it could be a better night out than meeting drunk fellas in clubs (or girls for the guys)....that generally never goes so well!! And if something comes of it all good and if not so be it....nothing ventured nothing gained! But from what I have heard a lot of people seem to go for a bit of a laugh and not anything serious so as long as you dont lead anyone along it cant do any harm!You never know it could work out well for you!!Id say give it a go though you never know you could meet your prince charming!!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Thanks Rock Chik!!
    Im going to give it a try anyway, il let ye know how we get on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This pics lacks thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

callaway92 wrote: »
    This pics lacks thread

Errrrmmmmmm..........you drinkin' ??? :D

Maybe ya mean this thread lacks pics! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nallandnanyways

Thats what he did, saidn't he?

God afterhours is full of messers!!! :eek::p:D

• Advertisement

So we went and it was a laugh!
    One of my friends is after falling head over heels for one of the guys and there a couple now so it was a success for her. :)
    I didnt have any interest in anyone there and neither did my other friend but it was something new anyway ,We didnt go with the intention to find anyone.
    I dont regret it but doubt il ever go again, its a bit drastic and there seemed to be a bit of urgency with some peoples questions and requirements almost. Some men there were basically ''looking for a wife'', one even said that. :eek:
    At 23 I felt way too young to be there, we were in the 20's and 30's group but everyone was mid to late 30's at least!

Advertisement