Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tricolour stickers around the place

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

i cant wait for a united ireland and then we change the national flag, what should the new one be?

nonexistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

oh clever, well what i mean is that the irish flag stands for unity amongst nationalists and unionists but surely a peaceful united ireland would mean that well ireland would be completely different and i don't think the religion should come into it, because then we should put the islamic star onto the flag to represent the fastest growing religion in ireland, so we need to have a whole new flag, we should make a cool one like brazil :D

ummm maby we should change the name of the country as well? Atlantis anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

i cant wait for a united ireland and then we change the national flag, what should the new one be?

Not gonna happen, forget about it. The island of Ireland has never been under one rule at any time, this island was always politically divided - even since the days of Leath Mhogha and Leath Cuinn. It's about time people got used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

And whats the reason for the Anti-British rant?

Last time i checked they didn't make our road signs.

And i don't see anywhere in this thread anyone being offended by the Irish flag. Think you should take a deep breath and lose the imaginary British chip on you'r shoulder.

Well it's their fault the language is dying, the hill of tara being bull dozed and most people supporting man utd, liverpool etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

ive seen them around maynooth as well, have been wondering for a while what they're about... not that any of that adds to the thread at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

DTrotter wrote: »
    Well it's their fault the language is dying, the hill of tara being bull dozed and most people supporting man utd, liverpool etc.

Oh oh. Quick someone let United and Liverpool know that someone is onto to them. They might as well drop the whole "playing football" cover and admit they were just set up to destroy the Irish language. I miss having national Irish speaking class on Satuday afternoons at 3 o'clock. It all went down hill when they started televising the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Imagine that. Irish people who are proud of their flag.:eek: They must be all racists then huh.

Why would one be proud of a bit of cloth? it's not even a nice flag. East Timor, they have a stylish flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

DTrotter wrote: »

Typical Irish small mindedness, blame everybody else except our selves. Its not the British fault nobody speaks Irish outside of the Gaeltacht because last time i checked it was being taught in all the schools.

And last time i checked the British dont plan our roads, which is a shame because our road net work sucks compared to the UK.

Oh and theres a reason why people support United and Liverpool. Its because League of Ireland sucks ass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I noticed these especially on the newer motorways in Co Dublin like the M1 - I thought they were put there by the contrators for some novel reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

Typical Irish small mindedness, blame everybody else except our selves. Its not the British fault nobody speaks Irish outside of the Gaeltacht because last time i checked it was being taught in all the schools.

And last time i checked the British dont plan our roads, which is a shame because our road net work sucks compared to the UK.

Oh and theres a reason why people support United and Liverpool. Its because League of Ireland sucks ass.

Sure why not just have a European Super League?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sure why not just have a European Super League?:rolleyes:

Because if we did it would destroy the Domestic leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Well...

A bit of background:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-14km-stretch-of-motorway-shortens-trip-up-to-belfast-1049415.html

The route:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=54.087791,-6.333275&spn=0.142573,0.308647&z=12

Description:
    Instead of cutting the border at roskeagh, the M1 runs paralell to an indent on the southern stretch of the border (on the Irish side).

To start, does this mean we paid more? and to get back to the point, does this imply that the road was planned externally or that Irish road planners are... a little slow?

Well...

A bit of background:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-14km-stretch-of-motorway-shortens-trip-up-to-belfast-1049415.html

The route:
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=54.087791,-6.333275&spn=0.142573,0.308647&z=12

Description:
    Instead of cutting the border at roskeagh, the M1 runs paralell to an indent on the southern stretch of the border (on the Irish side).

To start, does this mean we paid more? and to get back to the point, does this imply that the road was planned externally or that Irish road planners are... a little slow?

Whats ur point? Are you saying our road infrastructure is better than the UK's?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

basically: NO! :p

allow me to narrow the quote down to "And last time i checked the British dont plan our roads".

Then have another wee look at my conclusion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

What I heard was that it was a bunch of lads from the Continuity Dyslexic Ivory Coast-ians ? ?

basically: NO! :p

allow me to narrow the quote down to "And last time i checked the British dont plan our roads".

Then have another wee look at my conclusion ;)

oh right, sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've seen a good few of these around - M1 and back of signs on roundabouts. But I've just been to JC's Supermarket in Swords and at the bottom of the rail at the steps near the bus stop was a tiny one of this flags. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Theres one on the N4

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Don't know if there has been a thread for this already but for the past 4 months I've been noticing an increased number of small to large tricolours on traffic lights and bridges on the M50. Anyone else notice this? are they tracked.

1st one i noticed was on the M50 North exit at the redcow
    2nd On the M50 near Sandyford
    3rd On a bollard outside the Esso Starion on the Navan road near castleknock

Since then I've noticed loads more.

Anyone else even bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭donkey balls

there was a thread on this a few weeks ago i will try and dig it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Is that them green white and orange ones' or the green white and gold? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread merged.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

flogen wrote: »
    I've spotted a load of tricolour stickers popping up around the place in the past few weeks on road signs, traffic lights and motorway fly-overs etc. and I'm trying to figure out who's behind them.

noope, but some fella called "bollox" wrote his name all over the walls in the park near my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Not gonna happen, forget about it. The island of Ireland has never been under one rule at any time, this island was always politically divided - even since the days of Leath Mhogha and Leath Cuinn. It's about time people got used to it.

Surprised you know that much and don't know of Brian Boru? And was England much different to that up until the time of the Normans? Anyway, lets just say if we hadn't been occupied and settled by colonists, we would have evolved like every other European country. Remember, it isn't the decendants of the native Irish that have the island divided - it is the decendants of those colonists that were planted here to maintain British power in Ireland that are still following their 400 year old programming today

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

I have been wondering what the deal with these stickers is for ages aswell. Someone told me that it was discussed on the Gerry Ryan Radio show and that it has something to do with Irish jobs for Irish workers? Can anyone confirm this? Interested to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

After 2 threads, four years of questions, and hundreds of little tricolours on road signs up and down this land, and no one knows what it's all about. Is it an arts project...a Banksy style guerrilla arts project? 4.5 million people in this land, and no one has seen anyone placing these flag stickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

After 2 threads, four years of questions, and hundreds of little tricolours on road signs up and down this land, and no one knows what it's all about. Is it an arts project...a Banksy style guerrilla arts project? 4.5 million people in this land, and no one has seen anyone placing these flag stickers?

That's so 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I didn't realize dlofnep and chin grin closed their accounts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

Thanks for your input. Now back to the question. Does anyone know who is putting up these stickers?

• Advertisement

Please start a new thread if you wish yo discuss this subject.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement