Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ways of making a bit of extra cash???

Options
  • 28-06-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a job thats just BARELY keeping me by. I would like to make approx 100/150euro a week extra. I have about 4 evenings a week free and am willing to put in extra effort and time for this money.

Any suggestions? Any stupid hard working money extra earners in these tough times? Anyone ever do the whole delivering catalogue routine? How did it fare out?
    Note that telling me to sell drugs will be WAAAY too predictable a joke to write down!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Me too,barely surviving. I'd like about €2500 extra a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Any suggestions?

The game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Sell drugs.

/gets coat and leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sell your hole.

When thats done dig another hole. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

wylo wrote: »
    Ok I have a job thats just BARELY keeping me by. I would like to make approx 100/150euro a week extra. I have about 4 evenings a week free and am willing to put in extra effort and time for this money.

Any suggestions? Any stupid hard working money extra earners in these tough times? Anyone ever do the whole delivering catalogue routine? How did it fare out?
    Note that telling me to sell drugs will be WAAAY too predictable a joke to write down!!

male giggolo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More seriously there may still be some scope for low cost services like window washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Buy a lawnmower and extort old people

"Ya wouldn't want to trip over that crabgrass now would ya?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Sulmac wrote: »
    The game.
    explain more

explain more

Oh dear.....................:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

explain more

See here.
    Those involved in prostitution activities refer to this sector of the underground economy as "The Game."

Although I'm not involved in this sector of the underground economy. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

alrite mate..

Have you a car? maybe contacting the local chinese or chipper asking do they need a deliver man.??

or maybe the taxi office for shifts during the week?

ah yes, I was getting mixed up with The game regarding pick up artists.

alrite mate..

Have you a car? maybe contacting the local chinese or chipper asking do they need a deliver man.??

or maybe the taxi office for shifts during the week?

yea i might consider deliveries alright, im sure most places have no vacancies though, like everywhere really, but no harm in trying all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

phoenix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

randomname wrote: »
    phoenix park
    I think we already have a president!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I think we already have a president!

:D

he could squat there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Seriously... :pac:

I do the odd marketing nixer myself. It isn't a regular gig but i test products and answer questions on said products.

Check out nixers.com, a lot of stuff on offer are usually product promotions (so they only want pretty girls for that! I'm too old :-)) but you never know, you might see something suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Sell dvd's you downloaded off the internet.

€5/1
    €15/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Door to door begging...if you're the shy type, try bringing a hand written sign telling potential contributors about your hard upbringing in [insert country], your twelve dependent children living in a skip behind the local retail park and the fact that you've not eaten this week.
    Practice your "feel very sorry for me" face in the mirror before you hit the streets.
    Shabby clothing and body smells are optional but will obviously add to the effect.

Let us know how you get on...oh and let me know the areas you intend to cover so we don't "double up"...that's bad for profit margins...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Wash random people's car windows when they are stuck in traffic. Homeless clothes preferable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

If your not afraid of having your face seen go on to gaydar and other gay sites,post pics of you exercising in jockstraps/boxers/yfronts etc then sell the used smelly underwear to guys who are into it,you will be amazed how much you make.You can also sell your piss to some of them,some kind of authentication will be needed though.

Also trainers and dirty sweaty socks that you have been wearing,they love that shít,again you will need to show pics of you doing it.

Buy a load in penneys of a couple different kinds underwear/socks etc,take one set of shots in each and make sure and charge for postage.

oh and dont use ur real address,rent a P.O. Box from An Post for like €100/200 a year

If your not afraid of having your face seen go on to gaydar and other gay sites,post pics of you exercising in jockstraps/boxers/yfronts etc then sell the used smelly underwear to guys who are into it,you will be amazed how much you make.You can also sell your piss to some of them,some kind of authentication will be needed though.

Also trainers and dirty sweaty socks that you have been wearing,they love that shít,again you will need to show pics of you doing it.

Buy a load in penneys of a couple different kinds underwear/socks etc,take one set of shots in each and make sure and charge for postage.

oh and dont use ur real address,rent a P.O. Box from An Post for like €100/200 a year

How exactly are you so expert in this?:D

galwayrush wrote: »
    How exactly are you so expert in this?:D

worked in the sex trade for years mate (since maybe 99?),opened my first sex shop in 2002,had three at one stage,til broadband access got so handy lol

theres not much sex wise i havent seen or heard of,if i could hide my face id be sellin me jocks,put it like that LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Would you like to buy a pair of sweaty sneakers? (Assuming that's where your name comes from)

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Would you like to buy a pair of sweaty sneakers? (Assuming that's where your name comes from)

LMAO didnt even think of that,nah mate Im an Air Max Fanatic,have like 17 pairs all Air Max BW 90s and 92s

lol would have figured though if id seen it meself lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Get elected to the Dail,easy money

Sell bootleg Michael Jackson t-shirts,cd's,dvd's and any other crap with his nameon it,Michael Jackson turf anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Walk around town for about an hour a day looking fro coins on the ground. Stick to busy areas (beside shops, supermarkets) and you'll be amazed at how much you can find. I found about a euro overall last friday night after a good hour's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Offer shopping services for old ladies. Yeah it's a bit random.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Avon catalogues etc, bring out your old scouts uniform, people miss bob a jobs you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

K4t wrote: »
    Walk around town for about an hour a day looking fro coins on the ground. Stick to busy areas (beside shops, supermarkets) and you'll be amazed at how much you can find. I found about a euro overall last friday night after a good hour's work.

In other news, "man gets flattened by bus, seems he wandered into street to look for 2c coins"...

Advertisement