Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just popped in to say the Manchester gig was in my top 5 of all time - absolutely mind blowing...
    They played Wake up real early and ended with Rebellion (lies) and The Suburbs 1 & 2... I just wish I could find a way to get to Electric Picnic tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

electric picnic was just simply outrageous!!
    what a performance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Was right up at the front for Arcade Fire at EP. That was seriously the best gig I have ever seen in my life. And I've seen Bruce Springsteen!

I was chatting to one of the guys selling the tshirts for Haiti on Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't have the money on me at the time so I couldn't get one but found them on Arcade Fire's website so ordered one last night. :)

arcc-014-arcade-fire-mens-pih-t-shirt-navy-d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

That was seriously the best gig I have ever seen in my life. [/IMG]

it's definitely well up there alright, what a gig !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Just listening to 2fm playing highlights of the gig, amazing. Like reliving it in my mind right now. I got a Haiti t-shirt there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

http://twitter.com/#!/jennyhuston/status/111176858955038720
    @JennyHuston They said they would have let us play more live from the set but have a DVD coming out soon :)

Oooh.

Any links to the 2fm broadcast to download? A live DVD of the show would be great. The only thing I worry it may lack is crowd footage. There was no camera crew in the pit, just a photographer for the band.

Were you at the show Jill/what did you think compared to other shows?

I thought it was great, even if it wasn't maybe the most amazing show I've ever seen. It was the best festival set I've seen from them though definitely, but then again I wasn't at the 2005 super legendary one, you know? :p

I was watching from one of the platforms to start with, but there was no atmosphere up there at all, so I came to my senses and joined the commoners. The crowd was a funny one, some patches were mad into it, and then about a foot to the left or right, they were totally dead.

I did think there was a bit of lost momentum with Rococo and Suburban War in the middle like that, I'm just not sure the Suburbs stuff lends itself to a really intense festival set as well as the Funeral and Neon Bible material on it's own did. Launching into Rebellion like that knocked my socks off though, thought it was a fantastic way to kick off the last leg.

Made for an excellent double header with Pulp.

Unless they came down into the crowd and sang to me personally then I don't know how they would beat the 2005 show, mainly because it was everyone's first time seeing them and no matter where you stood (I was 1/2 way back) the atmosphere was electric. Tents have that effect more than outdoors where it's easy to lose it.

I was up front for this gig so still loved it. Some pics below and more when you click here.

6118140434_299a8c4896_z.jpg
    6120056518_026cdee403_z.jpg
    6120077340_0f4b828b36_z.jpg
    6119544939_50ea9cd101_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I personally thought the poor quality sound from the EP main stage hindered Arcade Fire. They played very well, and it was a good set. But the sound from the main stage was a bit weak. I seen them in the O2 last year and they sound was far more thunderous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Unless they came down into the crowd and sang to me personally then I don't know how they would beat the 2005 show, mainly because it was everyone's first time seeing them and no matter where you stood (I was 1/2 way back) the atmosphere was electric. Tents have that effect more than outdoors where it's easy to lose it.

I was up front for this gig so still loved it. Some pics below and more when you click here.

6118140434_299a8c4896_z.jpg
    6120056518_026cdee403_z.jpg
    6120077340_0f4b828b36_z.jpg
    6119544939_50ea9cd101_z.jpg

weird looking bastards but such a wonderful band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

...The crowd was a funny one, some patches were mad into it, and then about a foot to the left or right, they were totally dead...

That's were I was :(
    I suppose at a festival you're going to get a mix of genuine fans & people who where dragged along by friends or who don't really know who they are and are just there to see what all the hype is about.
    I personally thought the poor quality sound from the EP main stage hindered Arcade Fire. They played very well, and it was a good set. But the sound from the main stage was a bit weak. I seen them in the O2 last year and they sound was far more thunderous.

Spot on. I think it hindered every band that played over the weekend.
    We moved a few times to try and find a better spot but everywhere we went the volume of the music was too low & the volume of people having a chat was too high. We weren't even that far back.
    Enjoyed the O2 gig way more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Bumpedy bump

Love this, dance in front of your webcam!

http://www.sprawl2.com/

Normal video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awHWColYQ90

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Great to see them back even if it is just for a movie soundtrack.

Check out the stream on EW: http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/03/02/hunger-games-arcade-fire-songabrahams-daughter/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm never sure about Arcade Fire songs in isolation and out of the context of an album.

But I really like this one. it really has a "movie soundtrack" feel to it if anyone knows what I mean. I love the atmospheric second half of the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Really like the sound of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

On first listen, I thought it was just a bit ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought it was bleurgh..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Word on the street is that the fourth album is well under way - exciting times!x

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Scratch that. another year to wait at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Arcade Fire are working with James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) on tracks for the new album...

Fan reports from a secret gig reported the new songs are 'fun, dancey and groovy'

Woo-hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pb2

slightly off topic but does someone know the meaning of the artwork on the cover of funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

....according to Stereogum. Wildly different to mine. What's yours?

10. 'Month Of May'
    9. 'Half Light II (No Celebration)'
    8. 'No Cars Go' ('Neon Bible' version)
    7. 'Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)'
    6. 'Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)'
    5. 'Empty Room'
    4. 'Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)'
    3. 'Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)'
    2. 'Keep The Car Running'
    1. 'Rebellion (Lies)'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 macysdayparade

mosstin wrote: »

10. 'Month Of May'
    5. 'Empty Room'
    1. 'Rebellion (Lies)'

10. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    9. The Well and the Lighthouse
    8. Neighbourhood #2 (Laika)
    7. Wasted Hours
    6. Haiti
    5. Modern Man
    4. Rebellion (Lies)
    3. Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels)
    2. Intervention
    1. The Suburbs

10. Deep Blue.
    9. Ocean of Noise.
    8. Sprawl II.
    7. No Cars Go.
    6. Power Out.
    5. Antichrist Television Blues.
    4. Haiti.
    3. Rebellion.
    2. Laika.
    1. Tunnels.

For me, at least. I feel bad for leaving out something as huge as Wake Up, but I think that's more fun live than it is to actually sit and listen to. Either that, or I've heard it so many times I've made myself deaf to it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

mosstin wrote: »

10. 'Month Of May'
    5. 'Empty Room'
    1. 'Rebellion (Lies)'

no intervention??!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Threads merged

roll wrote: »
    no intervention??!!!:eek:

No. Why? I ****ing hate it.

10. Deep Blue.
    9. Ocean of Noise.
    8. Sprawl II.
    7. No Cars Go.
    6. Power Out.
    5. Antichrist Television Blues.
    4. Haiti.
    3. Rebellion.
    2. Laika.
    1. Tunnels.

For me, at least. I feel bad for leaving out something as huge as Wake Up, but I think that's more fun live than it is to actually sit and listen to. Either that, or I've heard it so many times I've made myself deaf to it or something.

I don't. Once U2 adopted it as their official 'anthem' it died a little for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

10. Half Light II
    9. City with no Children
    8. Alexander
    7. Rebellion
    6. The Suburbs
    5. Lenin
    4. Modern Man
    3. Rococo
    2. Intervention
    1. Sprawl II