Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new holland ts115

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Well went to see a couple of these today. Got a few questions though. I'm not that well up on the SLE gearboxes so not sure if there might be an issue but think there might be something that might cause an issue later down the line?

Tractor #1
    Left hand shuttle, works fine but only in the low gearbox I have to use the clutch before changing direction in the high box or it won't go.

Moving from the high to the low gearbox (outer lever) was fine

Moving through the ranges was quite good only one doing any kind of jumping was going into and out of #2. What I did notice was when moved back down from the upper range to the lower range the gears would go back to #1 instead of #4. I assume it shouldn't do that so what does that show?

Tractor#2
    Shuttle is on the gear console on the right, works nice and smoothly in all gears, high and low box

Changing between the high and low high box was a lot harder and needed to pushed and pulled pretty hard even with the clutch down.

Changing through the gears was ok again only jumping was in gear 2. What I did hear was a kind of whining noise after I changed.

On both tractors changing from the lower to upper range and back down was hard enough.

Also one of them is getting a new set of tyres front and back, what would a full set of tyres be worth?

The rest of the tractor was good on both counts, engine and other bits all working well. Just not convinced about the gearboxes or am I thinking too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

yellow50HX wrote: »
    Well went to see a couple of these today. Got a few questions though. I'm not that well up on the SLE gearboxes so not sure if there might be an issue but think there might be something that might cause an issue later down the line?

Tractor #1
    Left hand shuttle, works fine but only in the low gearbox I have to use the clutch before changing direction in the high box or it won't go.

Moving from the high to the low gearbox (outer lever) was fine

Moving through the ranges was quite good only one doing any kind of jumping was going into and out of #2. What I did notice was when moved back down from the upper range to the lower range the gears would go back to #1 instead of #4. I assume it shouldn't do that so what does that show?

Tractor#2
    Shuttle is on the gear console on the right, works nice and smoothly in all gears, high and low box

Changing between the high and low high box was a lot harder and needed to pushed and pulled pretty hard even with the clutch down.

Changing through the gears was ok again only jumping was in gear 2. What I did hear was a kind of whining noise after I changed.

On both tractors changing from the lower to upper range and back down was hard enough.

Also one of them is getting a new set of tyres front and back, what would a full set of tyres be worth?

The rest of the tractor was good on both counts, engine and other bits all working well. Just not convinced about the gearboxes or am I thinking too much?

When u say wont go in relation to the shuttle did it jus beep and flash up cp on the dash? If so that is just normally if your going to fast when shuttling and it wont release ye clutch to avoid damage.

Tyres for a full set depending on brands/size could be any were from about 3k up.....

I wouldn't be overly worried about the gearboxes, they were originally launched in 92 with the 40 series and are still pretty much the same box in the new t6's

Zr105 wrote: »
    When u say wont go in relation to the shuttle did it jus beep and flash up cp on the dash? If so that is just normally if your going to fast when shuttling and it wont release ye clutch to avoid damage.

Tyres for a full set depending on brands/size could be any were from about 3k up.....

I wouldn't be overly worried about the gearboxes, they were originally launched in 92 with the 40 series and are still pretty much the same box in the new t6's

Yeah nothing was showing up on the dash. The N wasn't showing on the dash and the arrow for reverse didn't light. Wasn't under big pressure or high revs. The other one shuttled with no problems. Am I right in saying the levers for changing the range and gearbox are cables so they can be adjusted. Maybe the reason they were hard to move was that they need adjustment

Yeah nothing was showing up on the dash. The N wasn't showing on the dash and the arrow for reverse didn't light. Wasn't under big pressure or high revs. The other one shuttled with no problems. Am I right in saying the levers for changing the range and gearbox are cables so they can be adjusted. Maybe the reason they were hard to move was that they need adjustment

Then it may be a little more, our ts was a dual power with right hand shuttle but if you used the button to shuttle when going to fast it would just beep and show up cp on the dash, dip the clutch and she went on grand.

And yes the levers are cabled. Our ts had a disliking for 3rd gear, always had to push a bit harder but it was like that from 2500hrs when it arrived to 7200 when it left and gave no problem

Zr105 wrote: »
    Then it may be a little more, our ts was a dual power with right hand shuttle but if you used the button to shuttle when going to fast it would just beep and show up cp on the dash, dip the clutch and she went on grand.

And yes the levers are cabled. Our ts had a disliking for 3rd gear, always had to push a bit harder but it was like that from 2500hrs when it arrived to 7200 when it left and gave no problem

The DP version is that the ones with the 24X24 gear box rather then the sle?

• Advertisement

The DP version is that the ones with the 24X24 gear box rather then the sle?

Yep thats the one! Both gearboxes started in 92 with the introduction of the 40series and have continued on with minimal change right up to present

Advertisement