Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

That's the one thing I found strange about who he wanted to look after his children if he passed away.

Why Diana Ross?

I know they were very close but looking at the Memorial tonight his daughter seemed very close to his sister ( an easiness if you will ) so why not his sister/s?

There seems to be a closeness in that family that I would envy if it wasn't for that particular codicil in the will.

/sure what do I know, it's only an observation on my part.
    When the Jackson 5 signed on at first with Motown, she was like a mother to him and I think he even lived with her for a short period of time. She's one of Michael's longest child hood friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Also, I was just reading Resolution 600 there which recognizes Michael as a humanitarian and as a contributer to the arts by the U.S congress, this little line.
    Whereas, on July 25, 1992, at his concert in Dublin, Ireland, Michael announced that he will give 400,000 pounds of the tour earnings to various charities;
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.RES.600:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 simon coward

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    Didn't look like she was pushed into it to me.... Looked like a heartbroken 11 year old girl that just wanted the world to know how much she love's her "Daddy", and that he was the "Best Father you could ever imagine", no matter what people said or thought of him, thats all he was to her...."Daddy".

As far as I'm aware the reason he kept their identities hidden with masks was because he wanted them to have a somewhat normal childhood. They often when out with minders and friends to Movie's, KFC etc. and no-one recognized them, but a couple of months ago the press finally got photo's of them and that was really the end of their anonymity.

A Father, A Gentleman and A Star.......

Rest In Peace Michael.

nice one south paw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Didn't look like she was pushed into it to me.... Looked like a heartbroken 11 year old girl that just wanted the world to know how much she love's her "Daddy", and that he was the "Best Father you could ever imagine", no matter what people said or thought of him, thats all he was to her...."Daddy".

As far as I'm aware the reason he kept their identities hidden with masks was because he wanted them to have a somewhat normal childhood. They often when out with minders and friends to Movie's, KFC etc. and no-one recognized them, but a couple of months ago the press finally got photo's of them and that was really the end of their anonymity.

A Father, A Gentleman and A Star.......

Rest In Peace Michael.

people seem to be reading what they wanna read on this thread. i never once said she was pushed into it so i dont understand why you quoted me there tbh. i said that they seemed to want her to speak more than michael ever would have (imo) but i didnt say she was pushed so feel free to argue you point some more but i can assure you i'm not doubting that she loved her dad or that she did wanna speak, i'm just saying i doubt its what MJ would've wanted. as i said, thats imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Im gunna get slated for this but I found some of it very fake. I also found it quite an odd thing to do. They had people singing while a coffin was center stage..It wasnt supposed to be a funeral, it was a memorial.

Perhaps Im just too jaded with hollywood and all its fakery. Im not so sure how close the Jackson family really was considering how messed up micheal was and no one stepped in to help.

Then again, everyone is always great when theyre dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

~me~ wrote: »
    people seem to be reading what they wanna read on this thread. i never once said she was pushed into it so i dont understand why you quoted me there tbh. i said that they seemed to want her to speak more than michael ever would have (imo) but i didnt say she was pushed so feel free to argue you point some more but i can assure you i'm not doubting that she loved her dad or that she did wanna speak, i'm just saying i doubt its what MJ would've wanted. as i said, thats imo.

Sorry to offend you didn't intend to. I should have clarified why I quoted you in my last post. It was in relation to it being disrespectful to let the poor little girl speak, imo, It would have been disrespectful to her not to let her speak. She had something to say about her Daddy, and you, me or anybody else could not deny her that, whether we deem it wrong or right, it was plain to see in her face she wanted to say something, and tbh imo it brought it back to a human level, of a son, a father and a brother with the family dealing with it the only way they know how. He prob wouldn't have liked it, but I doubt he ever thought or could have imagined she would be in that situation at 11 years old (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Im gunna get slated for this but I found some of it very fake. I also found it quite an odd thing to do. They had people singing while a coffin was center stage..It wasnt supposed to be a funeral, it was a memorial.

Perhaps Im just too jaded with hollywood and all its fakery. Im not so sure how close the Jackson family really was considering how messed up micheal was and no one stepped in to help.

Then again, everyone is always great when theyre dead.

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Sorry to offend you didn't intend to. I should have clarified why I quoted you in my last post. It was in relation to it being disrespectful to let the poor little girl speak, imo, It would have been disrespectful to her not to let her speak. She had something to say about her Daddy, and you, me or anybody else could not deny her that, whether we deem it wrong or right, it was plain to see in her face she wanted to say something, and tbh imo it brought it back to a human level, of a son, a father and a brother with the family dealing with it the only way they know how. He prob wouldn't have liked it, but I doubt he ever thought or could have imagined she would be in that situation at 11 years old (imo)

yeh suppose you're right with that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Puddleduck wrote: »

Yeah the whole thing did seem very fake...you could tell exactly which people were going to be there to get thier 'grieving' faces on camera before it was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Michael Jackson isnt dead, he's gone to the Secret Retirement home for famous people. I bet ya right now he's sittin right next to Elvis, John Lennon, Frank Sinatra and Kurt Cobain smokin it up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

another big wow - never heard of most of those contributions he made and time he gave - i suppose you wouldnt the media just wanting to publish the wrongful negative side rather than the truthful goodness of him..

what a great man he was -

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

shezzie wrote: »
    another big wow - never heard of most of those contributions he made and time he gave - i suppose you wouldnt the media just wanting to publish the wrongful negative side rather than the truthful goodness of him..

what a great man he was -
    Too bad people only began to realise and find out after he's gone.

The media are evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

If you're a fan of MJ my tribute is here

(if you're not a fan dont click, cheers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

Guess which magazine has returned after 3 years for a special edition? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ya think he'd give secondary guardian ships to somebody younger then dianna ross, if he worried about his mother dieing of old age, diana ross is 64

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Too bad people only began to realise and find out after he's gone.

The media are evil

I agree. I was never a big MJ fan, I would dance to his songs if they came on during a night out as much as anyone else, and joked about him as much as anyone else as well. But the more I read about him, the more I feel sorry for him. By the end of his life, he was a lost soul , I think and he just desperately wanted to be a child again, to have the childhood he never had. It's a very sad story.

I too didn't realise how much he gave to charity. And what did he get in return for it ? Ridicule and abuse from the media and public, over allegations that were unfounded (http://www.techbanyan.com/4554/jordan-chandler-admits-lied-about-michael-jackson/ ) and for being different (okay, very different).

I think it would be best if we just left the man, and his children, in peace. As his brother said, "Maybe now, they will leave you alone.":(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think it's about time we agreed with him.

RIP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement