Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Death discussion thread - CHAT, NOT JOKES

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Why do people keep going on about his children not having their faces covered?

Has no one stopped to think, that maybe they disliked it and now can be like every other child.

they probably didnt like it, you're right and its great that now they dont have to but michael obviously did want it that way and it was michaels funeral so i thought it was a bit "now hes dead lets do it our way". but i suppose now they wont be with him so there wont be a circus surrounding them as much. or else now their identities are known it'll be worse. could go either way really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Michael was a God, of sorts, but not really. Think about it?

Eh?

I'm sorry, but what does that even mean? :confused:

It's easy to see how Jackson developed that latent messiah complex with the amount of blind worship demonstrated in this thread. A great singer/songwriter (and even then, having produced very little of note after 1991), but you'd think he'd cured cancer, walked on water and halted the recession from some of the responses on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Eh?

I'm sorry, but what does that even mean? :confused:

It's easy to see how Jackson developed that latent messiah complex with the amount of blind worship demonstrated in this thread. A great singer/songwriter (and even then, having produced very little of note after 1991), but you'd think he'd cured cancer, walked on water and halted the recession from some of the responses on here.

I LOVE MICHAEL!!1!1!1

He will be missed :( Raw human emotion :(

He will be missed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

8 wrote: »
    I LOVE MICHAEL!!1!1!1

He will be missed :( Raw human emotion :(

He will be missed :(

im really sorry if this offends but are you being genuine or taking the piss? i honestly dont know...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8

~me~ wrote: »
    im really sorry if this offends but are you being genuine or taking the piss? i honestly dont know...:confused:

I love Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He was well loved by his fans.
    Hence the responses you are talking about in a thread about the person they admired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I understand admiration, I understand love (in the sense of a love for a musician or their work), I'm just remarking on the somewhat excessive nature of some of the replies, that's all.

I understand admiration, I understand love (in the sense of a love for a musician or their work), I'm just remarking on the somewhat excessive nature of some of the replies, that's all.

The excessive posts I have seen are from people who didn't care one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

~me~ wrote: »
    does anyone else think it was a bit disrespectful to have the child talk publicly at his send off when his whole life he tried to keep their identity hidden?

Didn't look like she was pushed into it to me.... Looked like a heartbroken 11 year old girl that just wanted the world to know how much she love's her "Daddy", and that he was the "Best Father you could ever imagine", no matter what people said or thought of him, thats all he was to her...."Daddy".

As far as I'm aware the reason he kept their identities hidden with masks was because he wanted them to have a somewhat normal childhood. They often when out with minders and friends to Movie's, KFC etc. and no-one recognized them, but a couple of months ago the press finally got photo's of them and that was really the end of their anonymity.

A Father, A Gentleman and A Star.......

Rest In Peace Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

He was well loved by his fans.
    Hence the responses you are talking about in a thread about the person they admired.

I agree with that, you have the right to be upset if your idol died. But how many of these people left during the trial and didn't support didn't admit they were his fans but are now crawling back and going "OMG I always loved him so upset" yet you didn't support him when he needed support the most?

I understand the true fans supporting him its the fickle ones (Who are the majority I might add) that I can't stand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

There is a genuine sense of loss felt for his death by some of the posters in this thread. I've had family members pass before this and I have been less affected by their deaths than I have by this.

I wasn't even alive when all of the thriller hype was going on. I missed the whole thriller era and the hype surrounding it, but I was around to remember the Bad album, Dangerous and HIStory. Literally all of my earliest memories involve Michael Jackson's music or music videos in some way. He was the first person who's music I consciously liked as a human being and I am still listening to it today.

So please excuse the people who are posting "excesive" posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    Didn't look like she was pushed into it to me.... Looked like a heartbroken 11 year old girl that just wanted the world to know how much she love's her "Daddy", and that he was the "Best Father you could ever imagine", no matter what people said or thought of him, thats all he was to her...."Daddy".

As far as I'm aware the reason he kept their identities hidden with masks was because he wanted them to have a somewhat normal childhood. They often when out with minders and friends to Movie's, KFC etc. and no-one recognized them, but a couple of months ago the press finally got photo's of them and that was really the end of their anonymity.

Rest In Peace Michael.

GOOD 1 MATE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I agree with that, you have the right to be upset if your idol died. But how many of these people left during the trial and didn't support didn't admit they were his fans but are now crawling back and going "OMG I always loved him so upset" yet you didn't support him when he needed support the most?

I understand the true fans supporting him its the fickle ones (Who are the majority I might add) that I can't stand

can agree somewhat with that - i have been a fan of mj for many many years well before his first trial and always believed in his innocence and said it to anyone that wanted to hear pmy opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

The world is a worse place without Michael Jackson.
    He was a visionary, a champion of hope and love. There arent enough people in the world that devote their entire existence to spreading the word of love, hope, compassion and togetherness like he did. I started to love him as a child when I was learning the moonwalk in my sitting room and trying my hardest to sing 'who's lovin you' in tune, but I have ended admiring and loving him the most for who he was as a person and what he represented.

There are many, many out there who ARE doing amazing things to improve the lives of the less fortunate among us, but there are very few who will have the impact that Michael did, on me anyway. I will always strive to live and love as he did.

Thanks Michael

yermandan wrote: »
    The world is a worse place withput Michael Jackson.
    He was a visionary, a champion of hope and love. There arent enough people in the world that devote their entire existence to spreading the word of love, hope, compassion and togetherness like he did. I started to love him as a child when I was learning the moonwalk in my sitting room and trying my hardest to sing 'who's lovin you' in tune, but I have ended admiring and loving him the most for who he was as a person and what he represented.

There are many, many out there who ARE doing amazing things to improve the lives of the less fortunate among us, but there are very few who will have the impact that Michael did, on me anyway. I will always strive to live and love as he did.

Thanks Michael

HEAR HEAR TOTALLY AGREE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Indian Princess

SOUTH PAW wrote: »

Rest In Peace Michael.

Couldn't agree more, Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

The fact Magic Johnson says the best moment of his life was sitting on Michael Jackson's floor eating KFC tells you the effect the man had on so many people, even legends like Magic Johnson.

Some of the tributes were very good and very sad. I liked the Reverend speaking to the children: "To Michael's children, your daddy wasn't strange. what he had to deal with was strange" and was suitably met with cheering and applause from the crowd.

His daughter at the end was very sad. Should bring it home even to those who think the the general events are like a circus; someone's daddy has died. And that's sad enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Fuck yeah.....
    We're entitled to our opinions, so lets go to their fucking funeral and criticize them.

Sorry, Fred Phelps. I don't agree.

Get out of this thread.

Mixed feelings myself about MJ, like most people here i'm sure, ,but for once just feel compelled to say:

Please don't feed the trolls.

Incidentally, OT: Fcuken hell, Brooke Shields looks amazing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

what I think is sad that great artists like MJ have perished and we have goof balls like pete doherty [sniff sniff] to put up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 HFXOC

Typically professional scheduling by RTE2 tonight - they aired an episode of the Simpsons immediately after the memorial service that had a pictorial reference to Wacko Jacko - do any editors work after 5.00pm?

• Advertisement

HFXOC wrote: »
    Typically professional scheduling by RTE2 tonight - they aired an episode of the Simpsons immediately after the memorial service that had a pictorial reference to Wacko Jacko - do any editors work after 5.00pm?

There's no harm in it, if there was it wouldn't have aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Was it "Wacko Jacko to Simpo Blimpo: Sell me your bones"?

If it was I'd see that as more an insult to the British tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I have to say it was a great memorial. I was almost, almost, moved to tears by it. When Jermaine sang, Smile, I could feel myself welling up. Then as soon as I seen MJ's daughter aproach the mic, I said to the girlfriend that's it, Im out of here. If I had of heard her speak I would have bawled Id say.
    RIP MJ. You were and always will be the greatest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What exactly is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Leave it to TV3 to take commercial breaks during a funeral.

An hour long special on MTV now.

/I'm enjoying it.

Leave it to TV3 to take commercial breaks during a funeral.

defo mate couldnt stand it total cobblers thats why i watched it on the net and then they kept cutting back to those 2 muppets in the middle of it oh for god sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I did'nt see the funeral because i was working but i saw some of it on the news. I was moved by his daughters words.

I read interviews with some of the people who he stayed with when he was in Ireland and the one thing they all said was that MJs kids adored him. Even though his parenting was at times a bit unconventional he did seem to be a good father and the greatest tragedy here is that three young kids have lost their father.

I hope his family and everybody involved will try and do whats best for his kids because they were the most important people to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

The daughter speaking had me bawling

• Advertisement

I hope his family and everybody involved will try and do whats best for his kids because they were the most important people to him.

That's the one thing I found strange about who he wanted to look after his children if he passed away.

Why Diana Ross?

I know they were very close but looking at the Memorial tonight his daughter seemed very close to his sister ( an easiness if you will ) so why not his sister/s?

There seems to be a closeness in that family that I would envy if it wasn't for that particular codicil in the will.

/sure what do I know, it's only an observation on my part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement