Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renault megane rear electric windows.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Martron wrote: »
    just looked at your links there projectgtr..... i knew a guy who owned a civic sir and everytime he try to do something in it something broke.

clutch, vehicle speed sensor etc etc
    so i suppsoe every car is vunerable to a bit of wear and tear

yeah clutch pressure plates snap under high rpm and load and VSS sensors go when your on stupidly bumpy roads with stupidly stiff suspension....BUT i fixed half of the stuff myself and the stuff i couldnt cost alot less than you (or your hot sis) are going to have to pay to get a damn window motor fixed, oh and once its fixed get ready to fix it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

projectgtr wrote: »
    On a serious note id definitely go with a frayed wire or a bad earth.

No, this happens to Meganes all the time. People have had this problem 6 times in a year. It's not frayed or worn anything, it's a design problem: rain fries the electrics in the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i have read up on the renault forum of this problem.

in that case would it b enough to replace the motor or would thwiress need replacing too?

i know i am askin a lot of questions just trying to get a clear picture before i demolish the car door!!!

and i would like to have everything ready to do th job in one swoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Martron wrote: »
    i have read up on the renault forum of this problem.

I think they probably know more about it than anyone here does.

the info there is pretty vague and have had no direct reply from them. i have only read past posts .

sure we will see what happens

• Advertisement

ah just found out that the 2 25 amp fuses controls the front windows and the 40 amp is for the 2 rear windows combined!! makes sense.

Advertisement