Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cask Conditioned O'Hara's Red in the Bull and Castle.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm annoyed, there I said it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MediaTank wrote: »
    I'm on my way, any one else?
    Is that the time? Barwards!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

BeerNut wrote: »
    Is that the time? Bastards!

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

BeerNut wrote: »
    The spankingly amazing Goods Store IPA went back on today. It's a definite contender for the best Irish beer ever made, IMO.

Go on then, Rub it in everyones face outside the pale!!! :p
    I want to try this beer...

slayerking wrote: »
    Go on then, Rub it in everyones face outside the pale!!! :p
    I want to try this beer...
    1. I don't think there's border control in place yet. I think buses and trains may even be running in and out of the Pale.

2. If the pubs near you don't stock the beers you want, ask them to stock the beers you want, and stop giving them money if they don't.

3. I'm sure there are downsides to living in Dublin too. Only, this beer trumps most of them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Con Con

Any ideas on how long the Goods Store IPA will last? Won't make it in until tomorrow. I'm willing to go for breakfast if that what it takes to get a taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

It took a fair hammering yesterday evening :D Hopefully there will be some left. Why don't you give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I had 4 pints of it last night with the fantastic baby back ribs (in IPA sauce :D).

Fantastic stuff.

I hope Carlow know how much we love this stuff and will make it regular beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Got to try a pint of this on Sunday. Very nice, but served a tad warm for the style I thought but lovely none the less.Looking forward to trying a few more cask beers now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Glad you liked it. Cask beer is not served as cold as draught beer. It tries to keep the flavour that the cold kills.

Lager is served cold as that is the way the style is designed. Since there is little flavour to be lost you end up with a refreshing cold drink.
    Many ales/stouts followed suit to win back drinkers of the cold lagers. Guinness was not always served cold the way it is now and is a better drink when you leave it to warm up closer to room temperature.

Cask beer is not as refreshing as a result BUT it has a better flavour usually (not always).

Try TSB from the porterhouse and I believe they now serve Plain porter on Cask there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I've also found that the cask in B&C is sometimes a tad on the warm side even for cask, almost room temp. About a month since I had my last pint though.
    I'm sure they'll iron it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Yeh I do enjoy most ales when they warm up a little but I still felt this was a tad too warm. I'll have to pay a visit to Porterhouse to try the TSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Thinking of stopping by this evening. Does anyone know what's in this weeks cask?

That'd be a "no", I think, at this stage.

But it's Malty Bitches from Friday, apparently.

Advertisement