Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toy Story/Prop Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

??!?

I think that can be disabused by a quick flickr tag search for 'danbo' ...

well it was original from my point of view - I'd never seen or heard of Danbo before.

I know it's just a but of fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

well it was original from my point of view - I'd never seen or heard of Danbo before.

I know it's just a but of fun...

Neither had I, I think longshanks himself posted some links to some other flickr stream that had a pile of danbo picks. Or maybe it was someone else. meh.

But yeah, I agree with what you're saying though. I think it's kinda emblematic of both the worst and the best of forums like this one. Ok, longshanks' pictures were pretty cool, but I don't think running out and ordering identical toys yourself so you can produce identical pictures is really a particularly interesting thing to do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just opened mine, tis only tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Well, I think imitation is a good thing. I regularly imitate other peoples pictures to try learn new techniques like Long Exposures, Light Painting, DOF (excellent in a lot of the dando etc shots). I had an idea to implement something similar to the dando and sackboy stuff (not using either of those as props) and from a different viewpoint than a story board. And maybe get a new thread going on it if others want to join in. Sometimes you get little gems of genius if you develop an idea and just feed peoples imagination. God only knows where it will lead to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Well, I think imitation is a good thing. I regularly imitate other peoples pictures to try learn new techniques like Long Exposures, Light Painting, DOF (excellent in a lot of the dando etc shots). I had an idea to implement something similar to the dando and sackboy stuff (not using either of those as props) and from a different viewpoint than a story board. And maybe get a new thread going on it if others want to join in. Sometimes you get little gems of genius if you develop an idea and just feed peoples imagination. God only knows where it will lead to ;)

Im up for that!

• Advertisement

I'll kick it off either later this evening or tomorrow! You guys can use your dandos/sackboys if you wish. I'll be using something else. :D

Ok, this was inspired by Danbo and Sackboy threads. I thought why don't we expand this a bit to include any prop / toy.

Here's an example using 3 toys/props:

DSC_0100.jpg

Feel free to post a sequence to give a real 'toy story'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yes I'm aware its been done to death here, i have taken a different approach to this guy. instead of a comic strip idea... I've gone for a well... different approach, mainly to tie in with college work, a bit kinda, single image 'far side' style... but a bit deeper... well trying to anyway.

3653395023_9345cf7737.jpg

What If...

So we and our elaborately evolving computers may meet each other halfway. Someday a human being, named perhaps Fred White, may shoot a robot named Pete Something-or-other, which has come out of a General Electric factory, and to his surprise see it weep and bleed. And the dying robot may shoot back and, to its surprise, see a wisp of gray smoke arise from the electric pump that it supposed was Mr. White's beating heart. It would be rather a great moment of truth for both of them.

]3653884833_7d1feb9d70.jpg

Box Mentality

The trouble with the world is that too many people with too much power live in a box (their home), then travel the same road every day to another box (their office).

3654877535_39fd4c9d7b.jpg

Danbo Loves Danbo

“If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself”

I hope my idea is getting through... still working on them, so any suggestions and input greatly appriciated... I dont really do this sorta thing with my shots... dont think i have ever named a photo before even :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Good idea, very different approach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Okay, I stand corrected. It IS possible to do something interesting and original with this stuff ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

#1 is my favourite. Well done on keeping danbo interesting. :)

cheers. its hard to be imaginative with this guy, huge online photo following

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

#1 is superb, love the shadow. Nice work:)

dakar wrote: »
    #1 is superb, love the shadow. Nice work:)

cheers, i actually didnt like the shadow at all on it

cheers. its hard to be imaginative with this guy, huge online photo following

Yeh, have you seen this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcopeman/3246845785/

Crispin wrote: »

yeah some very creatic stuff out there

my personal fav

http://www.flickr.com/photos/achew/3325647820/

yeah some very creatic stuff out there

my personal fav

http://www.flickr.com/photos/achew/3325647820/

Yeh thats a good one, just can't get bored of him (at least not before mine arrives :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

My Danbo arrived this morning from Nippon. Looking forward to playing with him while it's sunny out. I got the normal one, I couldn't bring myself to use my flickr to shill for amazon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Who (or what) is frakking Danbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Fenster wrote: »
    The model in the pics!

• Advertisement

C&C more than welcome

Another danbo series. This time hes lucky enough to meet his maker, but what will happen next?

Whos that?
    61085C8A2B0642D9AC11C1FFC919AC8C-500.jpg

Tries to get a closer look
    2525D943E2A64DD8AFD486F26E9D2610-500.jpg

"He's empty!?"
    F8AD16DC52A74FDCBFCF0F810B1C8436-500.jpg

Maybey he's not real....
    91D5D0C0AEBB4AD5AA8DB81E5F6279F1-500.jpg

"Holy cow, hes alive!!!!"
    EA2332C3BD1F4D5EAC251FBF23A666F2-500.jpg

....So many questions, where to start
    90E8011FE1D8432BA3597CD2E8584FA7-500.jpg

Show me the way....................
    87ACBB2D943E455D902F8C0FA47AEB14-500.jpg

Next week I have a felling he'll be cought up in 'Lego city'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Could there not just be a "Danbo Stories" thread made where all these could go?

Although they aren't bad now i have a feeling more are going to pop up...

Edit is that a dreamcast in the background?

Ricky91t wrote: »

Totally agree, I just started the thread as I'm looking for some C&C as I've never done this kinda stuff before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Very creative, well done!

Rb wrote: »
    Very creative, well done!

Cheers man :)

hehe excelent stuff

My Danbo arrived this morning from Nippon. Looking forward to playing with him while it's sunny out. I got the normal one, I couldn't bring myself to use my flickr to shill for amazon :)

the big one??? how much ya pay?

Ricky91t wrote: »

Edit is that a dreamcast in the background?

I created this thread that died a very quick death:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055601475

Feel free to hijack that and put the danbo stories in there. It was inspired by Danbo anyway. If you do I'm sure he'll be the main toy prop of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Fenster wrote: »

this is danbo
    hope your good at reading japaneese!! :)

• Advertisement

3658755396_2c5ab4ffbc.jpg

Beer Bottle Reflections

We look back on life through rose colored glasses

Advertisement