Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most hated phrase??

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"Here here"

****ING WHERE, NUMBNUTS????!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

"where have you been all my life" UUUGGGHHH some freak said that to my sister saturday night, she actually laughed and walked off.

Dont really hate any phrase really. Actually hate hearing guys say "shes sum buuurrrdddd" Jesus what a buncha yobs!!!:rolleyes: A guy actually said "your some buuurrrddd" to me before and i just kept saying "tweet tweet" everytime he asked me something. Pissed him right off but i got my point across:)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Not sure if this has been said before but I hate hearing couple's names being mashed together, Brangelina this,Bennifer that,TomKat the other....aaaaggghhh:mad::mad::mad:
    Imagine that in Ireland,Bertihan let the country fall to it's knees while GerryLou remained tight lipped about it.

Oh yeah, and whoever invented the word bromance, I'm having a violent thought about you now.

I am a calm person really:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

"where have you been all my life" UUUGGGHHH some freak said that to my sister saturday night, she actually laughed and walked off.

If its a slightly older guy you should answer "in a nursery"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

'Chill out'

or

'Chillax'

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

tman wrote: »
    "Here here"

****ING WHERE, NUMBNUTS????!?!?!

Oh that one definately....well...when it's written like that as opposed to said 9which makes no difference really!)......It should be Hear Hear....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

''such is life'':mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

People who use the word "grand". Like, "I'm grand", I mean how vague is that?

And when people use the "with all due respect" phrase.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

In all fairness = chronically overused to the point of causing agony

Not too bad = said in response to the equally overused question of how are you, which I will not include due to its sheer utility, or on occasions, before the question is even asked. This one is particularly bad, I will kill the next person who says it to my face. It is associated with a fat bloated red cheeked bastard I know who always says it. He is of the deluded opinion that he is some way suave, and that throwing out over used cliches somehow confirms this. I WILL unfortunately yank his esophagus out and whip him with it as he dies squirming.

Basically = not a phrase, but a word which is frightfully overused to levels of absurdity, usually by people who consider themselves to have been endowed with some sort of practical intelligence, which all others around them are somehow lacking. They wear thick framed glasses, which will be smashed as I round house kick them into the wall.

Saying BS or bull**** = Causes my spleen to swell with splenetic juices of fury. I will have my vengeance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

In all fairness Kieran, those examples are not too bad. They are basically used as sentance fillers most of the time, or some bullsht like that ;)

I hate reading posts that start with 'So...' Or 'It goes a little something like this...'
    I am waiting for it to break into some sort of hideous rap song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

I absolutely hate the use of the word 'AWESOME'
    Everything is not ****ing 'AWESOME'

WindSock wrote: »
    In all fairness Kieran, those examples are not too bad. They are basically used as sentance fillers most of the time, or some bullsht like that ;)

I hate reading posts that start with 'So...' Or 'It goes a little something like this...'
    I am waiting for it to break into some sort of hideous rap song.

A post so utterly predictable that it could scarcely cause the raising of an eyebrow, let alone a dusty mace which is stored beneath the kitchen sink for the day when somebody uses all of those words and phrases in a single sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A post so utterly predictable that it could scarcely cause the raising of an eyebrow, let alone a dusty mace which is stored beneath the kitchen sink for the day when somebody uses all of those words and phrases in a single sentence.

Phew, glad I managed to dodge the penetration of a dusty mace then. But instead my friendly jestful post managed to cop a scathing blow from a grump swathed in twisted knickers.

WindSock wrote: »
    Phew, glad I managed to dodge the penetration of a dusty mace then. But instead my friendly jestful post managed to cop a scathing blow from a grump swathed in twisted knickers.

Excuse me sir, but I am a kunt, not a grump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Excuse me sir, but I am a kunt, not a grump.

You spell kunt with a C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Bob Z wrote: »
    You spell kunt with a C

I think Kieran's secretly Krusty the Clown

Bob Z wrote: »
    You spell kunt with a C

Oh sorry, could you write that out for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

hate the "mofo" cause i suppose every childt hat is born has a mother,99% of the time the have been fcuked to start the whole process........
    so i always think is weird to use this word in any negative or bad way :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

" Going Forward "

" I'm like so like whatever "

Advertisement