Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Scrubs on RTE?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

They havn't shown it on Monday nights in two weeks and again not listed for tonight. Is it something to do with the Confeds Cup?

There were only 3 episodes left and the finale was supposed to be tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, I suspect it's due to the conferations cup alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dgalactico

whenever they start showing them again...do not miss them....the finale is AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Found out it restarts on the 1st of July.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

According to the Sky EPG it isn't on July 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

And did you look at the time, 12:30am or something like that !

edit: just checked, 11:35 or 11:40, still not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

why move it from mondays to wednesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 28,738 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Because that's RTE for you - amateurs! :rolleyes:

11:40 tonight........what idiots!

With only 3 episodes left I don't know whay they did that!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Because they are a bunch of idiots. They have done that with a huge amount of good tv programs over the last few years.

But with Katherine Lynch's Wonderwomen on, who needs Scrubs :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the finale, I've heard very good things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Jesus wept.

An unwanted and unnecessary repeat of the irritating Katherine Lynch programme gets a Post-CSI slot, while new, unseen-on-Irish TV episodes of Scrubs get relegated from it's regular advertised Monday prime time position to the highly sought after "midweek at midnight" slot for it's last 4 episodes.

Rté scheduling staff are on LSD. Discuss.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Dman001 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the finale, I've heard very good things about it.

Oh its so so good, i never stopped loving the show but people who lost faith in even said how it was such a great way to end it.

I would think that with sky+ becoming very affordable that things like this are going to become more and more common. IE with the option of just taping something on late and watching it tomorrow stations will eventually click that quiet times such as midweek at midnight can be a high watched time too.

Well theres 2 episodes left now and the last one is an hour long I believe, so it'll run until 12:40....madness.

I see they've put Father Ted on Mondays for the past two weeks like we havn't seen them loads of times.

Also I betcha they won't even bother advertising the last episode.

ziedth wrote: »
    Oh its so so good, i never stopped loving the show but people who lost faith in even said how it was such a great way to end it.

I would think that with sky+ becoming very affordable that things like this are going to become more and more common. IE with the option of just taping something on late and watching it tomorrow stations will eventually click that quiet times such as midweek at midnight can be a high watched time too.
    Yeah I just Sky+ everything. Last nights episode was good, I can see how they are building up to the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

RTÉ are a joke with comedies to be honest (excuse the pun!) Going to bed later I usually flick on the box to see whats on, Play TV on TV3, and then shows like Rules of Engagement and The Big Bang Theory on RTE2 at around 1:30/2:00am. Why don't they play them earlier.

Sorry for the off-topicness, don't think it deserves it's own thread.

Even if RTE put the good late night shows on the RTE Player it would be somewhat better. But Sky+ suits my needs at the moment anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

yeah John C McGinley who plays Cox was bowled over by reaction to show when he came over here recently. Could be show was not pulling in the viewers which would hurt the advertising. but dreadful time to be showing it. Fr Ted good but an insult to fans of Scrubs that they have put it on at a ridiculous time. but thats rte for you. would much prefer to go down the road of celebrity tv and all that nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

my guess is they tied up loose ends that never really needed it. never any central story of significance after series 3 and the whole thing was a farce for 5 years. glad its gone. series 1,2 & 3 will always mean something. the rest was for idiots (like it or not dumbass)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

2fivers wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

An unwanted and unnecessary repeat of the irritating Katherine Lynch programme gets a Post-CSI slot, while new, unseen-on-Irish TV episodes of Scrubs get relegated from it's regular advertised Monday prime time position to the highly sought after "midweek at midnight" slot for it's last 4 episodes.

Rté scheduling staff are on LSD. Discuss.

Lol 2fivers,RTE schedulers are so old they suffer from flashback from LSD

sorry for being so ACID tounged:pac:

Jazzy wrote: »
    my guess is they tied up loose ends that never really needed it. never any central story of significance after series 3 and the whole thing was a farce for 5 years. glad its gone. series 1,2 & 3 will always mean something. the rest was for idiots (like it or not dumbass)

Fail.

Like it or not you don't reschedule a program to a different day and a ridiculous hour thats 3 episodes away from finishing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    RTÉ are a joke with comedies to be honest (excuse the pun!) Going to bed later I usually flick on the box to see whats on, Play TV on TV3, and then shows like Rules of Engagement and The Big Bang Theory on RTE2 at around 1:30/2:00am. Why don't they play them earlier.

Sorry for the off-topicness, don't think it deserves it's own thread.

I know its a disaster!! I love the Big Bang Theory and RTE put it on sooo late i normally just watch it on CH4 or E4

PCros wrote: »
    Fail.

Like it or not you don't reschedule a program to a different day and a ridiculous hour thats 3 episodes away from finishing up.

FAIL FIUAODLHJUIOKFHLSK>DHLUIOGDLKUJDSHG fkyl

Actually series six was very good.

watched the finale last night. was pretty much spot on in what i said earlier. there was no underlying main plot to resolve and nothing really happened. the only moment of significance for me was the fact that jd really did get the penny jambed in the door in the first episode

watched the finale last night. was pretty much spot on in what i said earlier. there was no underlying main plot to resolve and nothing really happened. the only moment of significance for me was the fact that jd really did get the penny jambed in the door in the first episode
    yeah some good plot lines in season six and seven. My favourite episode the one about the bin man who keeps ostriches.

Reminder. Scrubs finale on this thursday in case anyone is wonder. They moved it again!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Despite this being "My Finale", Scrubs will apparently be back in some way, shape, or form, next year, but will be probably completely unrecognisable with a new cast. ("Scrubs: The Next Generation" anyone...)

Whether the new incarnation will last any more than one season is anyone's guess.

Having missed most of this season on RTÉ (what with the wierd scheduling and all), why hasn't E4 started showing it yet?

icdg wrote: »
    Despite this being "My Finale", Scrubs will apparently be back in some way, shape, or form, next year, but will be probably completely unrecognisable with a new cast. ("Scrubs: The Next Generation" anyone...)

Whether the new incarnation will last any more than one season is anyone's guess.

Having missed most of this season on RTÉ (what with the wierd scheduling and all), why hasn't E4 started showing it yet?
    Know e4 are still showing some of the old episodes. Heard season nine will be about a teaching hospital. Like ER will be more about the new interns. Seems to be more popular in America now. Given that RTE have decided to jettison Scrubs into a late slot, three episodes from end (after a three week break), I would be surprised if they ordered the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Know e4 are still showing some of the old episodes. Heard season nine will be about a teaching hospital. Like ER will be more about the new interns. Seems to be more popular in America now. Given that RTE have decided to jettison Scrubs into a late slot, three episodes from end (after a three week break), I would be surprised if they ordered the new season.
    Theyll order it so others cant have it

• Advertisement

re Theyll order it so others cant have it...
    And put it on at five in the morning just to annoy us!

Advertisement