Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make-Up Artist School

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

there's nto alot of jobs in make up to be honest there's too many people doing it at the moment i think???im doing nail tech in Dun Laoghaire and the girls that did the mae up last year still havent gotten jobs???most fo them are working in telesales they were saying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Girls I'm sorry to hijack here, but Im looking for someone to do makeup on Friday, I see there are a few here that are just recently into it, basically I'm doing a photo shoot for fun, 2 models, and kinda fancy having someone to do the makeup too, if anyone is interested they would then receive shots for their portfolio, I'm doing it myself for my portfolio as I havent done very much fashion and beauty work, as are the models. We're hoping to have a good laugh so if there is anyone interested here maybe you can send me a pm, remember it is this friday at 5ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 makeup-angel

There are jobs in the make-up industry but me thinks you gotta work hard and build a good portfolio/CV.

Loads of make-up artists I know just sit at home and complain oh poor me, there are no jobs. I never had any problems getting work.

I wouldn't pay ridiculous money for silly courses though.

and some courses ain't even certified! if I wanna get a certificate you printed yourself I save by printing it at home thanks! :rolleyes:

Like hello, I ain't as stupid as I look.

Its a pity that no licence is needed to work as a make-up artist in Ireland. Makes the industry a bit mickey mouse. Loads of companies to rip you off if you let them too. Research before you pay any money to any training place as you might never manage to get back your money back if you get ripped off, even if you go to court over it.

If you search cibtec, itec, fetac or google make up college or make up courses you find out whats available out there.

I am new here and have no friends :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hi there,

I'm locking this thread because it's nearly a year old. You can start a new, specific thread if you wish to discuss this issue further.

Friends-wise, pop over to the Ladies Lounge, everyone is lovely in there :)
    Ladies Lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cassie_xo

I heard the make up for fashion and media course in Crumlin College is good. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement