Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top gear is back tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Anyone know if Top Gear live is coming back to Dublin this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lads, here its says that the FXX aint even road legal. I thought that a car had to be a road car to go on the board! Definitely a set up for the whole schumacher thing

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

i think it's repeated on friday at 9pm bbc2 , (except bbc2 ni analogue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

bookerboy wrote: »
    Anyone know if Top Gear live is coming back to Dublin this year?

yeah it will be back 3-6 of december http://www.topgearlive.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I take it I missed this? :o

Does this show be on the BBC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

bmm wrote: »

God bless you, i only spotted this thread now and was searching frantically on the sky menu to see if its repeated with no joy.
    i now have this episode sky+ and the rest series linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I BLOODY FORGOT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Will it be on again anywhere else before it's on dave?:confused:

Edit: Sorry, i just read the rest of the thread, should have read though it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Lads, here its says that the FXX aint even road legal. I thought that a car had to be a road car to go on the board! Definitely a set up for the whole schumacher thing

There's a road legal version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Missed it ..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You got laugh at Clarkson's smugness. He got on the train thinking he was driving it only to be told he was to shuvel the coal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

:( Yeah I missed it too! Here's alittle clip of it:http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the%20stig%20revealed%20himself&rls=com.microsoft:en-ie:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#
    Hope it's ok with the mods! Its the last link Top Gear The stig is revealed 21 June 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

CianRyan wrote: »
    There's a road legal version.

I don't think that's the one they used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Lads, seriously, don't mean to be rude but anyone who even considers for a nonosecond that Schumacher is the regular Stig needs an IQ test.

Like a guy who earned about half-a-billion during his career and 7xWDCs is gonna turn up at an old airfield in rural England each week for the last 7 years or so, don a silly helmet and drive a Chevy Lacetti:rolleyes::o...

Same goes for the Damon Hill suggestion...

There are a couple of Stigs depending on vehicle being driven. AFAIK it's Ben Collins most of the time, on special occasions someone else (the Renault F1 car a few years ago was Hekki Kovaleinen - he was Renault test driver that year). I've heard Hamilton was Stiggy once or twice before he was famous but dunno if that's true...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

bmm wrote: »

Indeed it is ..... Just checked the bbc site.....

Phew...:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright lads, i think it's time this was handed over to the Top Gear forum, no point in having the same conversations going on across two forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Does this show be on the BBC player?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Zonda999 wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60805943#post60805943

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

All I saw was Static.... Nothing but fizz and crackled.... and something that looked like Hornby. I should get BBC2... I pay for BBC2... but it don't come through.

/me is trying to find it online and failing.

I am sitting here shivering like an addict desperate for his fix of heroin.

anybody know how to spoof a UK IP for BBC iPlayer?

EDIT: n/m, I found it. But I would've raped my granny to death to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

Can I catch tonights episode online?? I missed it tonight. Maybe its been uploaded onto you-tube but Im not sure what season this is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dartz wrote: »
    All I saw was Static.... Nothing but fizz and crackled.... and something that looked like Hornby. I should get BBC2... I pay for BBC2... but it don't come through.

/me is trying to find it online and failing.

I am sitting here shivering like an addict desperate for his fix of heroin.

anybody know how to spoof a UK IP for BBC iPlayer?

It's on the newsgroups so won't be long until it has reached the main torrent networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

spoilersof episode....beware
    i liked the race at the end. the train was actully quite good....and the bike was crap. true spoiler in next bit BEWARE
    didnt expect the car to win when it started i expected the motorbike because it can go trough traffic etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Mousey- wrote: »
    didnt expect the car to win when it started i expected the motorbike because it can go trough traffic etc...
    I am sure the bike would have won if Hammond did not mess up and actually remembered to switch back to the main fuel tank.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

pburns wrote: »
    Lads, seriously, don't mean to be rude but anyone who even considers for a nonosecond that Schumacher is the regular Stig needs an IQ test.

I think most would have failed to see the spoof behind it. They wouldn't have gotten what was behind the final "bombshell". RTE news certainly didn't. http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0621/topgear.html Idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

anyone who is interested its up on youtube now, heres part 1 just follow the related videos after it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vg0dDVJHHY

enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

polyfusion wrote: »
    RTE news certainly didn't. http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0621/topgear.html Idiots!

If RTÉ falling for it means they are idiots then there are lots of idiots about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    If RTÉ falling for it means they are idiots then there are lots of idiots about.

It was on BBC Breakfast this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Jeremy also said that he didn think that schuey was the stig after the lap. The only reason schuey was there is because thats is his personal fxx which is NOT road legal. it is one of the 30 original and the only black one without a stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Really enjoyed it immensely, and the James May program on afterwards about going to the moon. Good ol' James gets "13 miles high" in a two-seater U2 spy plane. :D He really is a spokesman for his generation. :pac:

OTOH what made any fvckwit think a discussion about veterinarians committing suicide was in any way funny or worth broadcasting? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The reason they said he was the syig is for this very reason! We're all talking about it, and its made the news, free publicity

Advertisement