Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientology

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

espinolman wrote: »
    You know i could not be bothered with this thread any more because they have resorted to using similar tactics to what they use in nazi germany to attack scientologists in this thread , you know we were discussing a new religion here and now there are posters posting not to buy certain products.

Those damn Nazis and their evil requirement for evidence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

came across this today for anyone interested

"Scientology leader David Miscavige is the focus of this special report from the St. Petersburg Times. Former executives of the Church of Scientology, including two of the former top lieutenants to Miscavige, have come forward to describe a culture of intimidation and violence under David Miscavige. These former Scientology leaders served for years with Miscavige."

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

dvpower, stop trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

watty wrote: »
    How does this relate to Scientology?

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/20/2239255

...and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diskeeper_Corporation#Scientology_and_Diskeeper

Search a bit on google for more, there was a full courts document from one of the sessions available somewhere at one stage also.

That's just one public example btw, I have more personal experiences in relation to Diskeeper (not my own though thankfully) but I can't/wouldn't go into them on a public forum as it would put some peoples jobs at risk here (in Ireland, not boards !).

Have also met quiet a few scientologists in my business dealings in the past, through networking mostly in the states at conferences and such. No different than any other people really other than generally being very confident about themselves and what they're saying.

If they didn't insist on classifying themselves as a religion but more of a "well meaning group of likeminded individuals" or something, I dunno, they might get a bit more respect or welcoming.
    As it is, I still think they're a dangerous cult who are trying their utmost to infiltrate and utilise governments and state departments along with the media for their own gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i actually admire hubbard, he kinda got screwed over himself in the later years though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hubbard was a bi polar peadophile who invented a type of psychotherapy which prayed on peoples emotional flaws/weaknesses and when the US supreme court ruled that all unlicenced psychotheraputic practices should be banned he suddenly invents a "religion".

Scientology is not a religion, it is dianetics with a funny back story which was made up to somehow get around laws.

he wasnt a pedo was he?

that doesnt sound much like the history of it that i read, it wasnt their literature either before you ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hubbard was a bi polar peadophile who invented a type of psychotherapy which prayed on peoples emotional flaws/weaknesses and when the US supreme court ruled that all unlicenced psychotheraputic practices should be banned he suddenly invents a "religion".

Scientology is not a religion, it is dianetics with a funny back story which was made up to somehow get around laws.

That's an unfounded accusation!
    He was never convicted of paedophilia.
    :pac:

was he even tried for it? like i never heard it before but given their internet manipulation its not like im gonna find anything about it online

ive never read it in any of the books or anything though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

indough wrote: »
    was he even tried for it? like i never heard it before but given their internet manipulation its not like im gonna find anything about it online

ive never read it in any of the books or anything though

The accusation probably has been made but I'm pretty sure he's never been on trial for it.

Fortunately Scientology's reach does reach that far so if the information was there it'll be on the net.

This guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/13Heathens

Has a great series of videos explaining the beliefs of Scientology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

indough wrote: »
    he wasnt a pedo was he?

that doesnt sound much like the history of it that i read, it wasnt their literature either before you ask :)

No he was'nt , the government was , and he found out about it and exposed it in Dianetics , MK-ULTRA , it was about how to undo MK-ultra , the government were torturing children to program them to create covert assassins , and ron hubbard exposed this program and he put himself and all his relations in danger in doing so , thats why his relations had to move to england after Dianetics was published , they had to flee to england because his friends and relations were being knocked off left right and centre and it was safer in england .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Considering so many of Hubbards other claims were proven false, that one doesn't hold much water either.

And wasn't MK-Ultra the use of chemicals to programme people, not torture? In fact, wasn't the whole idea of it was to be able to control people without them knowing it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blinksarah182

First of all scientology is not a bloody religion, that is why this person is not attacking other religions. It is branded a cult. Its banned in Greece and Britain has denied it charitable status! They say Tom Cruise is their messiah for God's sake! If one of them came up to me telling me that I'd run (That's if they didn't brainwash me). They earn money from this. They give you a personality test which they correct. If their only one thing "wrong" with your personality they offer (expensive) courses on how to improve yourself. You keep coming and coming until they make you a member. You get brainwashed due to lack of sleep, vegetarian diet (no protein, slowing down brain development) and repeating stupid mantras. As soon as you are brainwashed they take everything you have! See what you think: http://anonireland.com/blog/documentaries/

yeah....right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

zombie thread thread ia a zombie thread.

please learn how to use the internet before posting

thanks

Please learn how to use full stops and capital letters... and maybe actual words before posting. Nothing person or anything.

"zombie thread thread ia a zombie thread." - Lab_Mouse

Please learn how to use full stops and capital letters... and maybe actual words before posting. Nothing person or anything.

"zombie thread thread ia a zombie thread." - Lab_Mouse

no offense taken,just pointing out you posted on a thread that has been dead for over 2 years,also your second post makes no sense unless you were replying to yourself.

alas,my caps lock is broke so sorry about no caps.as for the fullstops,i forgot them in my haste.again apologies.

as for
    Please learn how to use ... actual words before posting
    im not really sure what your point is here.If english isnt your first language i would suggest google translate.here's a link for ye
    http://translate.google.com/

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

You keep coming and coming until they make you a member.

Sounds good to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    no offense taken,just pointing out you posted on a thread that has been dead for over 2 years,also your second post makes no sense unless you were replying to yourself.

alas,my caps lock is broke so sorry about no caps.as for the fullstops,i forgot them in my haste.again apologies.

as for
    im not really sure what your point is here.If english isnt your first language i would suggest google translate.here's a link for ye
    http://translate.google.com/

She could have made a new topic, and then you could have whinged and cried about using the search option before posting.

Go on, Smile! it suits ye!

• Advertisement

She could have made a new topic, and then you could have whinged and cried about using the search option before posting.

Go on, Smile! it suits ye!
    well she didnt so your point is moot.

yeah i feel like smiling:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    well she didnt so your point is moot.

yeah i feel like smiling:rolleyes:

only to a cynic :)

vegetarian diet (no protein,

Could you please provide links regarding the above , interesting if that is going on !

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

www.xenu.net

its time we expose these wacko's for what they truly are

I was reading that , so , can i help to save the universe ! ;)

Advertisement