Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO L 3220T 22" Monitor 1920x1080 (2xHDMI/1xVGA) - €172 delivered!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

basquille wrote: »
    No clue.. probably because it was a special edition model exclusive to eBuyer.

Hopefully another monitor bargain comes along so you can forget this debacle completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Now check the original link:
    *Please note that this Amilo 3220T does not come with 2 x HDMI's.

Not happy! Rang up eBuyer and said I wanted a refund.... which he approved (DAMN RIGHT!).

But look what I ordered soon after. Works out slightly less than what I paid for the one from eBuyer too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Now check the original link:

Not happy! Rang up eBuyer and said I wanted a refund.... which he approved (DAMN RIGHT!).

But look what I ordered soon after. Works out slightly less than what I paid for the one from eBuyer too!

So it's safe to assume that eBuyer made a mistake from the start?

I was going to recommend that model earlier on as well as the 23" version, but neither have HDMI ports. I guess having 2xHDMI ports on a 22" monitor is too much to ask for nowadays.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    So it's safe to assume that eBuyer made a mistake from the start?
    He said they changed that today (since it appears as discontinued on the site for a short time) and I presume they ran out of them shortly after I ordered one.
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    I was going to recommend that model earlier on as well as the 23" version, but neither have HDMI ports. I guess having 2xHDMI ports on a 22" monitor is too much to ask for nowadays.
    As I said on the Dell Firesale thread, I can live without the HDMI, but it would have been a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Noice!

• Advertisement

Finally got my refund from eBuyer and as suspected, they didn't refund the delivery charge.

So I was charged £10.56 for delivery of an item that wasn't even correct.

They're taking the piss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Finally got my refund from eBuyer and as suspected, they didn't refund the delivery charge.

So I was charged £10.56 for delivery of an item that wasn't even correct.

They're taking the piss!

Tut tut! Everyone take note of eBuyer............

Sent them this:
    Dear Sir / Madam,

Regarding RMA XXXXXXX, I was told I would be issued a full refund as you sent me the incorrect item.

I sent it back over a week ago and have just recieved a "full" refund excluding a delivery charge of £10.56.

No offence but why am I paying for delivery of an incorrect item? It was admittently your mistake that you sent the wrong item so I downright refuse to pay for your mistake. And don't bother offering me free delivery on my next item as after my piss-poor experience with your company for this order, I won't be buying from you again.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979,

"If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then the consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the good, or a full refund if the fault/s have meant they have enjoyed no benefit"

I'm awaiting the £10.56 delivery charge to be refunded to my credit card.

If it's not, I'll shall be forced to take this to the ECC (European Consumer Centre).

Regards,

basquille
    I'll get the full refund back if it kills me! :D

Thank you for your contact with our Customer Support Team.

I apologise for any inconvenience or annoyance caused. I have submitted a carriage refund request for you.
    Damn straight..!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Worked out good in the end so.

In fairness, they're probably not the worst e-tailer when it comes to returns and refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Good result Basquille, looks to me like they were just chancing their arm not refunding the delivery charge.

That's a nice Dell monitor you bought for €159, I wonder are Dell actually getting the message on pricing now?

Advertisement