Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cereal box toys

Options
  • 21-06-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

oh my dearest and most sincere friends i have come to a terrible realisation i have finally noticed why my 2 have stopped eating the cereal years ago........... it hit me today as a huge revelation................ THEY DONT PUT THE LITTLE TOYS IN THE CEREAL BOXES ANY MORE:eek: hey anybody know why :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Small parts - safety concerns? Maybe more daft EU laws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Turns out that Snap, Crackle and Pop were operating a paedophile ring in conjunction with Tony the Tiger.

The toys were just there to lure in kids.
    Cops shut the whole operation down 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Because those toys were always ****e anyway,and Kellogs finally realised this?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Anyone remember the send-away things in Honey nut loops? Big stretchy string ball animal thing. Amazing.

... and not ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

they are cheap now adays

i remember when they took little plastic army men out of kindereggs it was on the news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Turns out that Snap, Crackle and Pop were operating a paedophile ring in conjunction with Tony the Tiger.

The toys were just there to lure in kids.
    Cops shut the whole operation down 2 years ago.

Used to love those free toys, though now knowing they were the lynchpin of a paedophile ring has kinda damped my memories of them :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Wasn't this here before, maybe it's a serial thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Kellogg's bike reflectors for the victory, hehehehehehehohoooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Ruu wrote: »

MATE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

MATE :D

D.E.F.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭spylon

I had a rake of those bicycle reflectors. And the ET stickers in weetabix - another enjoyable series.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,114 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Ruu wrote: »

I still have my mountain bike mad and speed demon stickers
    and some glow in the dark dinosaur footprints

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The toys in the kinder eggs were much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

D.E.F.O

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Anyone remember the following cereal toys/gifts?

- Willow (movie) jigsaw pieces
    - Frisbee on the front of Lucky Charms
    - mini LPs on Frosties boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Remember those cool lil Monster Trucks they had in the Corn Flakes? They were savage!

The toys in the kinder eggs were much better.

The ones in the bigger egg that came out at Easter were great, I loved getting the ones that had the soft toy inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The ones in the bigger egg that came out at Easter were great, I loved getting the ones that had the soft toy inside.
    Ohhh someone was well off!:pac:

Ohhh someone was well off!:pac:
    Not the eggs though.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Yes i remember the reflectors, the biz they where. I also remember getting some lego space ships,had to send away for them but they weren't Lego,they were the other less popular lego (can't remember the name).

What about the jigsaw of the cockeral, cut into about 7 or 8 shapes, i vaguely recall them.

Loved it when you got 2 toys in the one box, I did get 3 once,think it might've been the reflectors though.

+1 on the Willo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

The thing i disliked about those toys were the "side-effects" that came with them.

For example; your mother comes home after doing the shopping with a big box of rice-crispies with toy inside. Q your younger sibling racing in from the muddy garden and gouging through all the rice crispies with his grubby, dog-haired covered hands to find said toy....yuck!

On a related note, I really liked the characters with the bouncy heads, although I never figured out their purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rubberneck

i remember in the 80's when you'd get these little plastic boats in the corn flakes that you would fill with the bicarbonate soda and that would propel them around the the water....loadsa bubbles and froth!

and the big one back then was the Kellogs Die Cast Truck or "Dinky" commemorating the anniversary of Kellogs Delivery Vans, got about 3 of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,114 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

jaybee747 wrote: »
    Yes i remember the reflectors, the biz they where. I also remember getting some lego space ships,had to send away for them but they weren't Lego,they were the other less popular lego (can't remember the name).

I had that space station with the landing dock/bay and control tower attached, pretty cool, pity it didnt work with lego
    rubberneck wrote: »
    i remember in the 80's when you'd get these little plastic boats in the corn flakes that you would fill with the bicarbonate soda and that would propel them around the the water....loadsa bubbles and froth!

and the big one back then was the Kellogs Die Cast Truck or "Dinky" commemorating the anniversary of Kellogs Delivery Vans, got about 3 of them....

I remember when when my cars were delivered early one morning and being excited, good times, think I was sent a few of them maybe because it was at the end of the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

cause we all buy the cheap aldi lidl tesco cereal for 2 euro a box. Your lucky you actully get the cereal in them. The genius that though of selling cereal by weight and not volume must be loaded now. my box is always empty before I start ( So is the moths:eek:)

Anyway the cars from frosties and cornflakes used to be little matchbox cars. They were great.... They are a long way away.

All the cereal companies try do no is convince you to eat them for breakfeast dinear and tea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Wasn't this here before, maybe it's a serial thread.

lol

You're right though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Rsaeire wrote: »

- mini LPs on Frosties boxes

What LPs came with boxes of Frosties?

jaybee747 wrote: »
    I also remember getting some lego space ships,had to send away for them but they weren't Lego,they were the other less popular lego

Oh dear, you must mean Brix (shudders).
    Getting that crap for Christmas was almost as bad as the time I asked for Transformers and got Gobots. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I hated it when you had to send away for something, think it took about 21 days to be posted out to you. There I'd be stalking the letter box like a tool for days.. and for what? A writing set or something stupid like that.

Fcuk me.. I was one sad kid :o

Abigayle wrote: »
    I hated it when you had to send away for something, think it took about 21 days to be posted out to you. There I'd be stalking the letter box like a tool for days.. and for what? A writing set or something stupid like that. :o

There was this one time I collected all the tokens and sent away for the life size Coco monkey off Coco-Pops.
    I waited and waited for months but then he eventually arrived.
    It was worth the wait, oh me and Coco had the best of times, we used to go everywhere together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

God I remember the days of getting cereals just so I could get the toys! Sometimes I would even hate the cereal but desperately wanted the cheap plastic toy! The things we did as children!

Advertisement