Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's all over

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Mr.S wrote: »
    So you know how many points you've got then yeah?

:rolleyes:

As much a hilarious and well worded jab that was, he never said nor implied that he knew how many points he has gotten.
    Claypigeon wrote: »
    Yeah because I'm a "smart arse" (lolwhat) for pointing out that if you have done well over the past 2 years and put the neccessary effort in, you won't suddenly come out with like 50 points.

Secondly he does have a valid point that students who perform well over the 2 years will hardly get low points all of a sudden or vice versa. I don't see how anyone could arguee against this.

Finally I would point out that it was not him who attempted to create a argument, it was others who took it in an aggressive/heated direction, as shown below:
    Adriatic wrote: »
    Mr smart arse himself, what are you even talking about?!

I'm not looking for a fight here, I just feel that there's a bit of mean spiritedness here on this thread and as many of you seem to be ganging up on the one lad, lacking any valad arguments, it is very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Can't believe it's over and that I've got free time again - all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Saul-Good wrote: »

I'm not looking for a fight here, I just feel that there's a bit of mean spiritedness here on this thread and as many of you seem to be ganging up on the one lad, lacking any valad arguments, it is very unfair.

Yeah i get what your saying but you just have to look around and youl see he has started alot of heated discussions. I simply said we have 7/8 weeks to wait for ur results and he had to argue that i was wrong and that we will know if we have our points or not. We all know roughly how we did, but we dont know exactly, like that doesnt even have to be said, in my opinion. It just seems to me that he only contradicted what i said for the fun of it, because he does it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye lads keep it on topic and less random/mean comments please

True it's a nervewracking wait to get your results, you wonder if you did as well as you thought, sometimes you go back and analyse your exam paper, but it's just a waiting game unfortunately, best to try and not overthink it and enjoy part of the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

it really hasn't hit me yet that, that's it we're finished school forever..
    I'm absolutly wrecked, have been out pretty much every night since wed.
    just keeping my fingers crossed till august now and gonna fix up my CAO before the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Aye lads keep it on topic and less random/mean comments please
    :confused:What exactly is the topic "its all over" is pretty open to interpretation in all fairness:o.

I just spent the last few hours looking through a UL and GMIT prospectus ...damn I ave notting to do!
    Cant wait for college:D (hopefully limerick here I come)
    +
    Id say the CAO are goin to ring me soon Im messin with my app so often!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Id say the CAO are goin to ring me soon Im messin with my app so often!

LOL you sound like me, my sister hasnt changed hers once, but i cant make up my mind:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

It hasnt hit me its over yet.

Since 12 on friday ive went to a friends, got drunk, went out to town, got drunk.

Went work saturday morning for a few hours, severly hungover, came home, went watching lions match until about half 7, back home, quick change, off to a friends. Drunk ensued as did surfing in the back of a van, very sore.

Come home, up at 11 sunday, some of the lads come mine, we drink all day, all night. House is a total mess. Havent slept in 30 hours. Not a bother on it sure

I love summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

From the sound of that it looks like you'll be getting sober to have fun soon:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Secoundrow wrote: »
    :confused:What exactly is the topic "its all over" is pretty open to interpretation in all fairness:o.
    True enough, but it doesn't / shouldn't encompass cat-fights or getting digs in at people, imho.

So ... handbags down! ... yes, it IS all over, surely that's a damn good reason to be in good mood / celebrating / letting old grudges drop?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement