Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's all over

Options
  • 19-06-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

it's now 5:25 p.m on the 19th which means the leaving cert is officially over :pac:

those last 2 years (maybe more for repeats) you spent worrying about it is now officially over. It feels good really.

So how does everybody feel about it being over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Finally over!!:D
    Im very happy...it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be...about to go on my secong session today...plenty of red bull...really tired
    Hopefuly everyone gets what they want...good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

Now we wait in hope for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Correction.
    Now we party in freedom until August!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mn-wergamers

Larkin501 wrote: »
    it's now 5:25 p.m on the 19th which means the leaving cert is finally over :pac:

those last 2 years (maybe more for repeats) you spent worrying about it is now officially over. It feels good really.

So how does everybody feel about it being over?

A****ingMEN

A wee bit happy its over.

Correction.
    Now we party in freedom until August!

What if I'm not a party-animal like you? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

AMixedBag wrote: »
    What if I'm not a party-animal like you? :(

then you print off this years exams from www.examinations.ie and spend the next 2 months redoing the exams over and over again inserting all the bits of information you forgot in the exam but remembered 5 minutes after the exam was over

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

freeeeeedom!!

so happy its finally over!

i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders at last!
    time to party!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The LC being over is so last Tuesday...

pathway33 wrote: »
    then you print off this years exams from www.examinations.ie and spend the next 2 months redoing the exams over and over again inserting all the bits of information you forgot in the exam but remembered 5 minutes after the exam was over

Very Good idea.
    Better get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Wait, what? It's over? Does it not start next week..? O_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ahoy!

pathway33 wrote: »

reading that made me shiver :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Actually, there's a rumour going round that some superintendent left the storeroom for the exam papers unlocked all through the exams, and that everyone will have to resit everything again! :eek:

I'M JOKING!!! :p:D

Yes, it's all over. Relax, go reclaim your lives. Have a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Well, it's finally over. Those God-forsaken days that we're been waiting for for the last 5/6 years. The days we've been preparing for for the past 2 years. It's finally over. The past 2 weeks meant the greatest battle of our lives (so far). Here's my analysis of those days:

English Paper1
    : What a BEAUTIFUL paper! I didn't imagine it would have been that nice! Much better than the mock; so worth the painful hand.

English Paper2: "Hey, did you hear that they might be cancelling english paper 2 tomorrow?!" 'lolwut' FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Math Paper1: Nice enough exam. Glad I actually decided to do some study for it!

English Paper 2 (Backup): "I'm gonna fail I'm gonna fail I'm gonna fail..." OH YES! Nice enough paper; liked it more than what was on the real paper 2.

Math Paper2: "How the hell do I do that again... OH YEAH" As was paper 1, a nice enough paper over all.

Business Studies: Could have been worse; Could have been better. Overall, it was alright.

History: Sooo glad I didn't follow the predictions for this! It was quite the nice exam!

Art History: Sick with strep throat, woohoo. It went... Okay. Could have been worse.. But could have been much better! Thankfully it's only 38% of the whole exam.

German: Dropping down to ordinary level = :D But I wasn't the only one. Out of the 16 who still did honours level in my year, only 5 did the HL exam. XD

Economics: What an awesome exam! I can honestly say I didn't expect that at all. But still, not much time given for the amount that you have to write.

Religious Education: Went better than expected! I was expecting to fail it miserably. But I guess it's proof that you CAN learn more of the course the day before the exam!

I want to see your own analysis of the exams too in this thread so GO GO GO GO GO!

Also, everyone have fun last night? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

TBH , the reality hasn't kicked in yet....:D

i just had the best sleep in ages...feeling good :p

i am officially free...can't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

it definatly wasnt as scary as i thought it was going to be.
    Glad its over, 8 weeks or so until we know if we will be doing it again!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

it definatly wasnt as scary as i thought it was going to be.
    Glad its over, 8 weeks or so until we know if we will be doing it again!;)

Your results aren't random :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Claypigeon wrote: »

Mr smart arse himself, what are you even talking about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Still weird to think two years of work . . . over. . . wooo!!

English 1 - Ah sure twas graaaand, Some weird questions with the comic strip and all. Nice start to the exams.

English 2 - WHAT?! CANCELLED?! cool! :D

Maths 1 - Nice paper, I <3 Ordinary level! hehe

English 2 take 2 - My poet's came up! Who cares about the rest of the questions!!

Maths 2 - Not too bad, I had done loads of papers, but they asked them in strange ways. I literally threw done anything I knew :rolleyes: still I know I passed.

Irish 1 - Typical essays and nice comprehensions. Happy happy!

Irish 2 - I remember being happy after it, but seem to have forgotten why?! haha

Biology - Went through 3 teachers in 2 years, only just had the course finished and turns out I knew more then I thought.

Art History - No comment :(

German - Strange questions, ok listening hahaha "BINGO!!"

Music - :D my best subject, and favourite exam. :D

But, its also not garaunteed that youv got your points.. thats why you get results:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Adriatic wrote: »
    Mr smart arse himself, what are you even talking about?!

Yeah because I'm a "smart arse" (lolwhat) for pointing out that if you have done well over the past 2 years and put the neccessary effort in, you won't suddenly come out with like 50 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

Well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garf

Yeah because I'm a "smart arse" (lolwhat) for pointing out that if you have done well over the past 2 years and put the neccessary effort in, you won't suddenly come out with like 50 points.

No, but the amount of points your desired course(s) require could boom to 600, and no matter the amount of work done, everyone is at risk of getting only an A2 (in one of their best 6 subjects) due to screwing up an exam on the day (a bit).

Although the points required for each course aren't random (it is all a supply-demand relationship), to you as an individual (because you don't know the values of all the variables), they do contain an essence of randomness.

Why do you try to start an argument/heated dicussion in nearly every thread?? Maybe its not intentional.. but you do it alot.
    Garf wrote: »
    No, but the amount of points your desired course(s) require could boom to 600, and no matter the amount of work done, everyone is at risk of getting only an A2 (in one of their best 6 subjects) due to screwing up an exam on the day (a bit).

Although the points required for each course aren't random (it is all a supply-demand relationship), to you as an individual (because you don't know the values of all the variables), they do contain an essence of randomness.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just slept for 15 hours, I'm still tired :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

meh was just a few tests. I wish I'd have studied for them though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I learned how to Leavingcert this year.
    Heck! we all leavingcerted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

blah blah blah. nobody knows what points they get until they get their results, why else would millions be spent on people correcting them?we could all just tell them what we got :rolleyes:

Why do you try to start an argument/heated dicussion in nearly every thread?? Maybe its not intentional.. but you do it alot.
    you are soo right and its very irritating when someone always seems to think their opinion is better than every one elses

Mr.S wrote: »
    So you know how many points you've got then yeah?

:rolleyes:
    well obviously......duh!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

Mr.S wrote: »
    So you know how many points you've got then yeah?

:rolleyes:

for me, yeah. I know I'll pass the leaving cert. Basing it from comparing with my mock results, i'll prolly get something in between 350-400, the worst-case scenario is 300-350, which isn't bad enough for the course i'll be doing. I'm not that ambitious, so which ever college i'll go, then that's it, happy-happy

Advertisement